Home

Episode 3 - Marks out of Ten *spoilers*

toms

Score out of 10?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Score out of 10?

Originally posted by Mike Windu

I had feelings that Grievous would be the next Darth Maul, Feanaro. Sadly, he turned out to be somewhat sucky.

Let's see....Darth Maul got killed by Obi-wan when he was still a padawan, Greivous went up against Obi-wan when he was a full-fledged Jedi Master.

What a surprise Obi-wan killed him so quickly :rolleyes:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see....Darth Maul got killed by Obi-wan when he was still a padawan, Greivous went up against Obi-wan when he was a full-fledged Jedi Master.

What a surprise Obi-wan killed him so quickly

Let us not forget, ET, that General Grievous went up against 5 Jedi, held his own, injured 2, and killed 2.

2 of them Jedi Knights and 1 Jedi Master

XD

Let us not forget, ET, that General Grievous went up against 5 Jedi, held his own, injured 2, and killed 2.

XD

Grievous was injured, so he wasn't at his best when he fought Obi-Wan

what was up with grevious' constant coughing? Was it because of that time in the end of Clone Wars when Mace owned him in like 2 seconds as he was flying off?

and i was kind of disappointed by Mace's death.

but all in all, much better than the other 2. i rate it a 9.

9/10

I went in spoiler free and thought it was amazing and was wrapped up nicely at the end.

The movie didnt start off to well but after a while it totaly made up for the disapointment I was left with after seeing episodes 1&2 (though I did like 1&2 they just didnt live up to their full potential)

did anyone else notice the millennium falcon in the begining???

XD

Let us not forget Mike, that never happened in the movie, so it has no bearing on the movie.

You can hardly take everything in the Clone Wars literally, because if so, there is absolutely NO way any of the jedi masters were killed by clone troopers. Mace windu himself killed like, 500 super battle droids like it was nothing.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Let us not forget Mike, that never happened in the movie, so it has no bearing on the movie.

You can hardly take everything in the Clone Wars literally, because if so, there is absolutely NO way any of the jedi masters were killed by clone troopers. Mace windu himself killed like, 500 super battle droids like it was nothing.

but the clones took the jedi by surprise. i mean, what general of an army would expect his troops to up and turn on him in an instant?

I'm not saying it's not beefed up in the Clone Wars. Cause it is.

What I'm sayin is even if toned down, he could have taken a master and a knight easily. Obi should have had much more trouble with him.

Cause yeah, Mace can't kill 500 droids on his own.

Man it's a good thing you didn't say "what? the CW cartoon doesn't count in RotS!" Cause I had somethin comin :p

EDIT: you did! :D Unless I read it wrong :p

So why the hell is he coughing his lungs out if Mace didn't crush them in the movie?

But hey, who am I to argue :)

I said the battles were dissapointing. Windu gets killed in an instant after just force pushing Obi-Wan around; and grievous just throws Obi-Wan around until he gets hit.

Sure they're not the main dish but even as background chars its dissapointing.

As for Jedi getting killed it seemed 'realistic'. Don't forget how many died in Geonosis by blaster shots (the dinosaur one for example by Jango).

They get too many blastershots in their back at a surprising moment or they get killed while in a vehicle.

I gave it a 10/10

Everything just fit. That's how you close a series that is almost 30 years old :D... Well, for the movies anyway :p

So many duels, and tehy all made me cream my pants.

I was sitting with my girlfriend, hold her hand tightly, and just before the purging(I didn't spoil myself all that much, but I could still tell when the purge was gonna happen ) I told her to keep calm, and good thing I said that, because it was so emotional, she was crying, and tears were rolling down my face as well.

I just love the bits where the OT comes into play. Like how Obi kills Grevious, with a blaster, his line afterwards just makes it so cool ;)

Love the parallel between Ani and Padme' on the operating tables.

And this might just have been me, but when Organa told the officer to wipe the protocol droids memory, he never said anything about R2... And then I got to thinking, that this may be why in th OT r2 is always the one who saves the day somehow. Because he knows everything, but never says a word.

That was really cool to me, even though I might be wrong.

I was expecting a Star Wars movie. And I got a master piece.

Excellent job Georgie-boy :)

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Grievous had 10 minutes, I think that's long enough.

But he barely did anything in those 10 minutes, which is what I'm dissappointed in.

Plus Grievous was injured, no matter how bad ass, when you've had your lungs collapsed you're bound to suck against a master like Obi-Wan.

Makes sense. I never expected Grievous to win, of course Obi Wan would win, but all I wanted was a good fight.

To a little extent, I got it, but it could have been alot better. After GG finished spinning his sabers and showing off, the fight took a turn for the worse.

Meh. XD

I think they were kind of alluding back to earlier when Anakin cuts off Dooku's hands. Grievous had pointed out he was trained by Count Dooku, and Dooku had lost his hand by a slide-n-chop by Anakin. And if you watch, you'll notice Grievous didn't exactly follow Dooku's advice from the clone wars about using the unorthodox. Being unpredictable. Obi had found his pattern, and he used it to his advantage. :p

He could have been better, but there really was no point.

I think they were kind of alluding back to earlier when Anakin cuts off Dooku's hands. Grievous had pointed out he was trained by Count Dooku

I think you're nuts for reading that much into the movie :p

j/k

And if you watch, you'll notice Grievous didn't exactly follow Dooku's advice from the clone wars about using the unorthodox. Being unpredictable. Obi had found his pattern, and he used it to his advantage.

Whether he was or wasn't unorthodox we'll never know because of the abundance of HEAD SHOTS during the duel.

This is what pissed me off in Episode 2 also. ZOOMING on the actor's face mainly, not getting full body shots of the action, just faces with lights twirling about.

Weak :p

Dooku's duel, although short, was pretty good. So I can't argue that. The only thing lame about it was Obi being portrayed as a weakling :p

I do like it, I'm just being nitpicky because it didn't live up to my expectations and I'm explaining why.

It's still a good movie. >_>

I wasn't directing that at you Mike. :) It isn't a perfect movie, and there is always room for criticism.

In terms of ranking them all, I think that is the funny thing. ROTS does so much to add power and weight to the original trilogy that now 4-6 are better than they ever were before. I think 4-6 are still the best, and the goodness of ROTS makes them so.

lol

I think you guys mistook what I meant, and I can see why, it wasn't very clear.

I don't mind face shots, they do show emotion, drive, etc.

Just... they had like... A TON of it in EP2. More face than saber in the Dooku v Ani duel :D It was toned down in EP3 but I would have liked to have seen more choreography during the minor duels. The Mustafar duel was a perfect blend of omniscent camera angles and close up shots.

:p

Alright, am I just some uncaring bastard? I didn't feel any sorrow at all when the purging happend. The Jedi being killed was my favorite scene in the movie, but more for the emotional impact of the betrayal rather than the actual deaths. Infact, when Anakin killed the Younglings I didn't feel anything...

8/10.

SPOILERS BELOW!

Pros: Humerous droids, "The DUel", Yoda knocking back the ROyal Guards, and R2-D2 kicking droids butts in the beggining, not to mention the truely real CG graphics.

COns: The droids voices, THEY RUINED THEM! COmpare the BDs to episode one and two. I also hated Mace gonna kill Palpy, and Obi just leaveing Annie there.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Alright, am I just some uncaring bastard?

Yes. Seek therapy.

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

Obi just leaveing Annie there.

He left Vader there, not Ani.

Originally posted by Herminator

breathe = the amazing ability to NOT jump out of spaceships and live. :p

ZOOM HOLD YOUR BREATH LIKE OBI AND ANI!

Archived