Mav

What Console do you want?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What Console do you want?

• XBox 360
    • PS3
    • Nintendo Revolution
    • None, I like my PC/Mac better

Right now I'm really looking forward to the PS3. I've never been a big XBox fan, in fact I've only played two games on the XBox, Halo and Halo 2, but I guess I'm just a PlayStation fanboy... oh well

Bah. But they're all so cool... That's a hard question. :o

Xbox 360 has Oblivion and Halo 3, Revolution has super backwards compatability...

Meh, I just chose PS3. MGS4 sold me. ;) And as a console gamer, I know that the PS3 will be the strongest and best overall in the long run...

Originally posted by RedHawke

Option 4 here... ;)

Same here ;)

Considering both my PC & Mac are already more powerful than what's to come in the new consoles...

Though not to bash the consoles, if I had to choose... the specs on the PS3 looks pretty damn sweet.. I'd fork over the cash for that one given the option :)

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Same here ;)

Considering both my PC & Mac are already more powerful than what's to come in the new consoles...

Option 4 - PC / Mac

well, i USED to think Consoles were better than PC's but that was before the age of 5 ;)

I Love my PC, its high specs, we've been through thick and.... well thick really, whenever my computer really messed up i formatted it :thumbsup: thats wats better than Consoles:

PC's are a hell of a lot easier to fix and if they are irepairable, they dont cost that much.

Consoles, they get damaged you have to send them off to som repair ppl to fix, coz if you break the void sticker your fluffed for trying to sell it.

PC's All the Way! FOREVER! .... (until something better comes out ;))

MattCole

Originally posted by T7nowhere

PC all the way, the last console I had was SNES. But the one thing Consoles do well are sports games, I have never played a decent PC sports game.

Oddly enough half of my games on my consoles are sports games, the rest is a combination of shooters and RPG's... I still have my SNES, and fire it up every so often for Chrono Trigger

Originally posted by Tdcquicksilver5

Oh really?

Xbox 360 hardware:

(Edited for space, and I don't really care what the Xbox 360's specs are)

What r your PC specs?

Please don't try and start a console vs. PC war... that is not what this thread is about.

What do you personally choose and why would be a correct response?

sorry :(...i was just wondering if his sys specs were really better than the next gen consoles,or if hes exagerating.(if his are better,then im buying one like his)

No problem! :D

With ChAiNz I would not think he is exagerating... he does a lot of high-end graphics/media work, if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Also the only reason I said something is bacause I have seen Console vs. PC wars start quite innocent like with your original post and just turn real ugly real fast!

Originally posted by RedHawke

Also the only reason I said something is bacause I have seen Console vs. PC wars start quite innocent like with your original post and just turn real ugly real fast!

True that.

Anyway, I vote PC. I'm a strict pc-gamer. And I'm pissed off at Jade Empire being X-Box only. I'm still waiting for the news of the imminent release on pc. My hopes were for E3, but it seems rather quiet... DAMN!

sorry :(...i was just wondering if his sys specs were really better than the next gen consoles,or if hes exagerating.(if his are better,then im buying one like his)

Hey Tdc, it's all kewl (I'd have my doubts too if the roles were switched) :)

RedHawke is right, I'm a media editor and my systems are required to be up to date all of the time (or at least most ;) )... so my job has nice "kickbacks" as to make sure I stay "up to snuff"...

Unfortunately, alot of times it means I work at home as well as 'on site'... so JTV compensates me for that (I can't complain.. hehehe)...

For curiosity's sake, here's my specs... although I won't lie.. the MAC is on order, I don't have it yet (as I'm updating from my old MAC system)... though the only main change is the processor speed...

My Specs:

My Mac

• Dual 2.7GHz PowerPC G5
  • 8GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200)
  • 2x400GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
  • NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL w/256MB GDDR3 SDRAM
  • Bluetooth Module + AirPort Extreme Card
  • 16x SuperDrive double-layer (DVD+R DL, DVD(+-)RW, CD-RW)
  • PCI-X Gigabit Ethernet Card
  • Fibre Channel PCI-X Card

My Main PC

• Dual AMD Opteron 252 2.6 GHz 64-Bit
  • 4GB Corsair XMS Dual Channel DDR SDRAM (up to 550MHz)
  • 2x400GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
  • Dual NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra PCI Express 512MB DDR3 (SLI)
  • M-Audio FireWire 410 4-In/10-Out External FireWire Recording Interface
  • NEC ND-3520 16x Dual Layer DVD(+-)R/W Drive
  • Creative GigaWorks THX S750 - 7.1 700-Watt Speakers

Yeah, overkill... but oddly enough working in media.. the system(s) still crash from time to time (and yes, MACs DO crash.. hehehe)...

But as RedHawke said, I don't want a console war.. and quite frankly the new consoles coming are nothing to be laughed at...

I still stand by my statement that the PS3 looks pretty damn sweet :D

All those specs help me make stuff like THIS (apx 8mb) My latest promo spot ;)

Sorry for the "off-topic" everyone, just wanted to let Tdc know that we're kewl :) and I agree montnoir I was hoping for a PC release for Jade Empire :fist:

XBox 360 looks awesome. I have not seen PS3 or nintendo, but some of the things xbox will be able to do will be so different than anything we have right now. And, I believe XBox comes out first. Hopefully microsoft doesnt pull a TSL and not finish the system like obsidian didnt finish the game... ;)

XBOX rules!

Archived