Home

New to Kotor 2

I've played kotor 1 and I'm familiar with all the d20 system mechanics, but I was wondering if some of you more experienced and knowledgable players could answer a few of the questions I have.

To what extent do things like awareness, a higher wisdom, and a higher intelligence effect conversation options?

1. Is it based on the modifier

2. Does having 10 intelligence, let's say versus 8 intelligence, make a difference? Do different options appear at 14 or 18? What have you noticed during your many play-throughs of the game?

3. Is the awareness to sense motive scalable or constant like security would be (as you level up do you need to keep increasing awareness to have the same ability to sense a motive during a conversation?)

What is your favorite set-up for the starting attributes of a guardian weapon master? Later in the game, is it better to use master flurry, master power attack, or master critical strike?

I also have a question about lightside enlightenment. I see it under Jedi Master. Is that something that only masters can get or is that ability different than the force power of the same name?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me, I really appreciate anyone taking the time to answer one or more of the many questions I have. (Especially the one about the intelligence, wisdom, and awareness effects on conversation).

Originally posted by SeraphimJMF

To what extent do things like awareness, a higher wisdom, and a higher intelligence effect conversation options?

They play quite a large role. They all do so in various ways, but in the end they provide more and better dialog options. It is to your advantage to have access to these options.

1. Is it based on the modifier

Actually, I'm not sure if it is based on the modifier or attribute value. IIRC it is the latter.

2. Does having 10 intelligence, let's say versus 8 intelligence, make a difference? Do different options appear at 14 or 18? What have you noticed during your many play-throughs of the game?

I believe the higher the attribute you have, the better the options are, as opposed to provide more options. Having more than one extra option is usually due to different attributes. For example, one for awareness and one for wisdom.

3. Is the awareness to sense motive scalable or constant like security would be (as you level up do you need to keep increasing awareness to have the same ability to sense a motive during a conversation?)

I think option "levels" that are available at certain ranks will remain available at that rank. Higher awareness will just give you better options.

What is your favorite set-up for the starting attributes of a guardian weapon master? Later in the game, is it better to use master flurry, master power attack, or master critical strike?

I tend to focus on dexterity and wisdom, and intelligence as well. If you get the finesse feat, your dex bonus is used for your melee attacks. It will also give you a better defense score, as well as make you good with ranged weapons. I prefer this over strength because as you near the end of the game your damage score will be high regardless. Wisdom is important to power your force powers as it gives additional force points and a good bonus. In the end, all the attributes are improtant, and really no combination will give you a poor Jedi. Just go with what you prefer.

As for feats, again it doesn't really matter in the end, but I tend to focus on the power attack and flurry feats. I just think they are more powerful.

I also have a question about lightside enlightenment. I see it under Jedi Master. Is that something that only masters can get or is that ability different than the force power of the same name?

I can't remember what that is specifically, but you do get a bonus (+3 to strength) when you are pure lightside. You also eventually get a power to activate several of your powers simultaniously. I think one of those is what you are talking about. :)

Thanks for helping me with my first character. You're right about the attributes not the modifier determing conversation options, I was browsing some other forums as well and I found a reference to a dialogue option with t3-m4 that allegedly shows up when you have 15 intelligence or higher.

I am using the high dex build you reccomended. It's pretty effective now and seems very natural. I can see how great it's going to be later. At the most, you'd get about 30 extra damage per round (maybe 10 per attack) at a very high level with a strength heavy build and master speed. That would make a big difference in kotor 1's terms, but I've checked out the new saber upgrades you mentioned and I see how the damage will be high.

Thanks for clarifying that lightside enlightenment and force enlightenment are two seperate abilities. I probably would have gone Jedi Master over Jedi Weapon Master if I hadn't known that all high-level ls exiles could get that ability.

• 2 months later...

this is off the subject but this is a question i've been trying to find out since dec, i've finished the game kotor2 9 times mostly in ls, i've gotten padawan robe,dark padawan robe,jedi robe,dark jedi robe, jedi knight robe, dark jedi knight robe,jedi master robe, dark jedi master robe,and all the other robes you can get minus the robes that use to belong to old jedi or sith.My question is how do u get the robes that use to belong to jedi? In the kotot2 guide book they have like 7 or so more robes listed than i have ever got.

My question is how do u get the robes that use to belong to jedi? In the kotot2 guide book they have like 7 or so more robes listed than i have ever got.

I think you have to be a high level to get them

As for feats, again it doesn't really matter in the end, but I tend to focus on the power attack and flurry feats. I just think they are more powerful.

In the prima gudie it say that the most powerful out of all of them is Critical strike but i try and mix it up

Archived