Home

Grrrrrrrr, I HATE MACE AND OBI!! ((MAJOR SPOILERS!))

LukeKatarn

I loved the two characters untill episode three. When I saw Mace go with other jedi to Palpatine's office, Mace said ARREST! Instead, he was going to kill him. That made me mad. ANd on Mustufar, when Obi just left ANi to die there, even after seeing him combust like that, he just walks away. That made me mad, dont you think he'd do something to save his old friend? I belive that THAT was what decided Obi's death from ANi. Now, it's your turn to post what you HATED about Episode three and who is good but seems to do things that are evil. It was because of this that I hated Mace and Obi.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can feel your anger... power...

Mace made a wise decision to reconsider arresting him. Many people died because of the sith lord and now that he's finally discouvered, one knows he owns the senate. He could never get arrested and would turn the senate against the jedi anyways as he later did. He had to die.

Obi-Wan is extremely dissapointed. "You were the chosen one". He saw how Anakin killed younglins and tried to kill Ovi-Wan himself. As Obi-Wan later says in EP IV; Anakin was no longer. He's stepping away from Vader.

I was also surprised that Obi left Anikan to die to, I guess he thought there was no hope to save him, from his wounds or from the dark side.

There were some other minor parts I thought could have been done better, Like making the fight between Mace and co. VS palpatine more of a fight by allowing some of the other jedi to at least fight before getting slaughtered. Also the battle of Kshyyyk could have been more in depth, they really didnt show that much of it.

The part where Darth screamed NOOOOOO I didnt really like either, It just didnt seem like the kind of thing Darth Vader would do, of course he wasn't the Darth Vader from the later movies yet

Originally posted by TK-8252

I don't understand why Vader told Padme that they could overthrow the Emperor. Just before that Vader was telling Palpatine that he will do whatever he wished.

He wanted the power to save Padme. His overconfidence in his power when with Padme deluded him into belief that he could already save her. But the truth was his new power was the reason for her death.

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

I was also surprised that Obi left Anikan to die to, I guess he thought there was no hope to save him, from his wounds or from the dark side.

He didn't leave Anakin, he left Vader. Vader had already consumed Anakin. With Padme's death all good that was in him was trapped inside, surrounded by the hate. It wasn't until Luke came, and showed the strength Anakin had, but refused to use. Luke is the alternate Anakin.

I was surprised Ani tried to force grip padme. I thought they were lovers and in the end it was ani turning to the dark side that made her die. And what happened with they whole thing that vadar couldnt breathe and yet he survived the operation that could have taken many hours.

Still, I mean doesnt Obi think he owes it to Padme to take ANi's corpse? I mean if he didn't show up ANi would never have choked her. It wasn't ANi that choked her, it was Darth. He would never have choked her if Obi didn't sneak on her ship and appear.

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

Still, I mean doesnt Obi think he owes it to Padme to take ANi's corpse? I mean if he didn't show up ANi would never have choked her. It wasn't ANi that choked her, it was Darth. He would never have choked her if Obi didn't sneak on her ship and appear.

No Obi had to do what he had to do. The only reason Ani force gripped Padme was because of Palp. The entire thing happened because of Palp. Ani wouldnt have gone to the dark side if he hadnt killed mace and let mace do what he had to do. But Obi-wan did the right thing because he saved padme. If he wasnt there she would have been very dead, along with luke and leia.

When I saw Mace go with other jedi to Palpatine's office, Mace said ARREST! Instead, he was going to kill him. That made me mad.

The reason for the change of opinion/goal was explained in its entirety in that very scene.

Yeah, are you going to arrest the sith lord that you have been trying to kill for most of your life, then be put in maces situation and have him attacking you killing all the other jedi around you. Damn I'd have no 2nd thoughts about killing him :D

1. So its okay for Obi to kill Maul and cut him in half and Anakin to lop off dookus head - but not okay for Mace to kill a sith lord? Mace was right - the guy would have escaped. Anakin had such bad reasoning. I like how George paralleled the whole Anakin reasoned it was okay for him to kill dooku - but holy hell no not okay for Mace to do it. And for Palp to ask Ani to spy - that's okay - but the jedi ask him to spy and he flips out?

2. Obi could have finished the job and killed Anakin. That's what he was supposed to do. Instead...he left them him there to suffer his own fate. He didn't help him because well the guy left his wife to do on the ground and killed all those younglings. He didn't let his hate consume him and kill him. So instead...he just walked away. That's what a Great Jedi does.

Oh dear God, shut up. If you saw someone there burning in LAVA, you'd think they would die. That's probably why Obi didn't take his corpse. But, Anakin's hate and power of the force kept him alive until Palpy came and rebuilt him.

I can just hear it now...

Palpy: We can rebuild him, we have the technology.

:D

Originally posted by Ranre

But then that raises the question, why did he die on Ep VI when luke took his helmet off.

He was already dying. Luke didn't want to take off the helmet because he figured it would kill Vader. We know for a fact that Vader CAN take the helmet off (we see him with it off in Empire), but Vader had just suffered what was supposed to be the death blow against Luke. For all we know, the force lightning would have destroyed the bulk of the circuitry meant to keep Vader alive. What we do know is that Vader tells Luke that nothing can stop him from dying at the point.

I really hoped that Anakin or Dooku would duel with Windu for some awesome action.

What would have really been cool is if Mace would have gone to the dark side or revealed that he was actually a sith.

Atleast we would have gotten to know something we didn't already.

Archived