Home

"We added Jedi - the fans were screaming about it!"

Yeah, and worse than that, the way he describes them it sounds like they WILL be dominating the battle and will not be balanced. Great job, guys, reading the noobfest LA forums and then leaving the more respectable forums out in the dust.

Another thing - the guy talks about the 501st, but says that the clones that were originally in the legion are replaced with "recruited" Stormtroopers. Um, most Stormtroopers are clones as well. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about!

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

I haven't really read or seen anything that implies most Episode 4-6 storm troopers are clones. Perhaps you can point me to your sources?

I point you to this thread.

And this:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1501522/story.jhtml

Those who have seen all six movies now know that there is a direct link between the Clone Troopers of the first three episodes and the Storm Troopers of the three that follow. So are all those soldiers from the original trilogy actually just the same guy? "Yes," Lucas said. Fair enough, master — but if that's true, then why do the troopers in the earlier movies possess different voices?

"Well, yeah, some of the voices have been changed, um, to make it more consistent," he said, raising an eyebrow at the precociousness of the Padawan. Indeed, Lucas has gone back and changed the voices of the Storm Troopers during recent re-edits for the special editions. "Those particular two guys that you're talking about — which I know about, which is a very good performance — the idea is that over time, there were new clone strains introduced, and then they even conscripted guys to be Storm Troopers. So it's not just purely clones: It started out as clones, but then it got diluted over the years as they found out they could shanghai guys [more cheaply] than they could build clones."

Impressive, as Darth Vader might say — most impressive. So then, if many of the Storm Troopers are indeed photocopies of Jango Fett, does that mean that when Boba was on Cloud City, he could have turned to any of them and asked them to take off their masks, only to find his dad standing there?

"Well, there's like a 50/50 chance," Lucas answered. "Not necessarily — he could be anybody, he could be the Mock 2 or the Mock 3, or he could just be some poor guy who got shanghaied."

So basically, yeah, most are clones, some still Jango, others of other guys unknown to us, and then the recruits are typically of higher rank like lieutenants and commanders, while the clones are the main grunts, as we've concluded in that thread I linked.

I guess I'm in the minority here when I say that I like the overpowered Jedi concept. I think Jedi should be dominant in battles, especially against grunt units. But only to an extent of course(as in, not being god-like and owning the whole battlefield or area in an instant). Still, if I was a grunt unit, I'd run the other way if I saw a Jedi coming...

Hopefully, there will be an option to turn them off so we can get the best of both worlds. :D

Will reign in the jedi-option to acceptable standards.

To be honest I'm another guy who likes having the option in of being a Jedi. They look powerful, but they can be beat. In one video I witnessed from E3, a guy doing a demonstration was only Darth Vader for roughly 40 to 60 seconds before he lost it (based on performance, determines how long you stay a jedi/sith).

I like more options in my video games, as long as people can control/edit the options to suit them it'll all work out ok.

Yeah, im not in support of that idea, but I dont hate it either. It will be intersting by playing as a jedi. But them being too powerful will most likely make an increase of people complaining that the jedis are too powerful. The entire prospect of the thing seems a little whack. But think about it, if a newb player playing and veteren player will most likely die then kill the vet. But I still just dont think having a jedi will completely work with all the people that want to be a regualr clone or soldier in the army.

Archived