Home

Space Battles.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

The one thing clear from all this video footage, are how awesome the space battles will be. Just as intense as Return Of The Jedi - with fighters flying around, thousands of laser blasts and huge capitol ships in hard combat.

There really hasnt been anything on this scale yet - but speaking of scale - ground battles seem to be lacking scale. Troopers are bigger than tanks - AT AT is fine and theres some Turrets that are small.

Maybe this will be addressed but something to keep an eye on

DMUK

I just sat there wondering how on Earth I'd micro-manage all that during battle. But according to the people speaking in the footage, it shouldn't be a problem.

What I also realized when I read your post is that there don't appear to be break-up effects for tanks or walkers. But maybe they get destroyed too fast for it to matter.

Bah, if I could command hundreds of units in Dominions II or Rome: Total War...:cool:

Space battles seem a bit more epic at the moment than the ground ones. I like that new cinematic camera they are adding. I'm going to love watching stff fly around and shoot other things (we get a small preview of it as the deathstar's prepping to fire.)

The idea of qonquering the whole galaxie reminds me of rebellion altrough it would thake a lot longer whit the more planets you play, it would be cool to see a map on what the status of you in the galaxie something like in rebelion.

Space battles will alsow remind me of rebellion only these ones look 100x better :)

I am very impressed by the beauty of the space battles and less so by the ground battles. There simply doesn't to be much going on and the battles are unepic.

As for tank/infantry scale, it's actually quite normal since the vehicles we saw in the videos aren't big though Vader did seem a little too tall.

Archived