Home

SSD (Super Star Destroyers)

Guest Razenoth

Guest Razenoth

Well this is just some hints for all you folks out there who are messing with skirmishes and decide.. hey Im nuts. Lets take on one of them Super Star Destroyers. I just got this game today along with my new joystick and I absolutely LOVE this game. So anyways after a few bouts 1on1 with a SSD myself I decided I needed my friend to help. So we got a game going and what not and then the way to beat these bad boys is actually kinda easy. There are only 3 main parts to it

1: Blow the crap outta the shield generators (thoes two big dome things on the bridge of the ship near the back) NOTE: dont fly straight up from the bridge unless your good or you wanna die. Then after you take out the shield generators go to 2.

2:Concentrate all your firepower on the bridge... just keep flying around this and sending in every bit of fire power you got at it.

3: Dont die when the ship blows up.. heh. Good luck.. these are the only weakenesses Ive found in the ship. I never found a way into the ship and I dont think there are insides to it since Ive spawned a couple times inside the bad boy.

This guy is SCREAMING for a flaming !

Dude, when you have only just got the game, do not go around the forums spouting stuff quite so chuffty like, else people are going to REALLLLY dislike.

Plus - remember where you are - X-Wing Alliance. We and X-Wing Legacy comprise most of the pilots on the net. What we don't know between the two sites doesn't exist or is sheer ****e !

PLUS - surprise surprise, SSDs suffer EXATLY the same problems that the other SD classes do, so it was not al that difficult to figure out. Being head of a B-Wing / Skipray Blastboat unit myself, I know far more ways to skin an SSD than the standard Shield Generators. I know how to skin, humilate, annihilate and castrate these 'bad boys'.

Besides, welcome to the site. Atleast you show some promise as a tactician as opposed to the standard 'if it moves, blast it when ever you get a clean shot' mentalitly exhibited by so many so-so smug ass rich boy pilots......

(PS - I am actually a nice guy !)

------------------

Nova Squadron, the Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the Nebulon B Frigate 'Oracle', home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - SSDs (See our work with the Iron Fist !) !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

a few things to add...

1. XWA has been out for at least 2 years.

2. Many MANY people have played the game both online and off-line.

3. I am not sure, but i am guesing over 50,000 people ahve bought, and played XWA

4. Dont you think any of those people have figured that out before with any of the X-wing series games? when Did X-wing come out? 1992? that 9 years of gaming and i think SOMEONE else has actauilly figured out how to take out any SD type in a fighter.

btw... i have destroyed Super Ace ISDs myself, with only being able to use 1 TIE fighter. only takes about 8 min

Archived