Home

Help with Plant Listening Device Tour 3 Mission 5

Guest Dameon

Guest Dameon

I am extremely frustrated with the "Plant Listening Device" mission. First, it is almost impossible to stay close to Aeron and the satelite to which she is docked AND kill the ZeroG troopers. I tried every kind of weapon to kill them, and I tried to only target those going after Aeron, but they move extremely fast and are hard to kill. Twice (good luck??) I managed to kill them and get Aeron back on the ship. My mission objectives said "Outcome Victory", but I died as soon as I targetted the Nav Bouy. I am SO frustrated with this mission and would appreciate any suggestions.

Please help

------------------

Jedi Dameon

Guest garyah99

There are a ton of archived threads on this mission. To save you some time; in a nutshell, target the troopers that are designated "flying flight plan". They are the one's after Aeron. Use missiles and autoturrets (don't waste your missiles on the fighters earlier in the mission). After these troopers are gone, take out the ones attacking the Sabra (your ship). After Aeron is back on board, you can either dump all of your power to the engines and take a run at the nav bouy, or stick around and take on the tie's, strike cruiser, and ATR. BTW, what difficulty level are you playing on, and do you have the 2.02 patch??

Guest Dameon

I tried dumping all my energy to the engines at the end, but I still got hammered within seconds. I had been playing at difficulty level "medium", but switched last night to "easy" out of simple frustration and the overwhelming desire to get past this level. Unfortunately, though, I had no success on the easy level. I looked at the 2.02 patch (which I don't have, BTW), and saw that it didn't affect this mission. Is that true or will it help? Thanks for your help.

Guest garyah99

The patch effect a lot of game play issues, including the way the ships handle, top speeds, etc. You should get the patch, ASAP. Some missions are simply unplayable without it. With all energy dumped to the engines you should be able to reach the nav buoy, unless you've taken a ton of damage already. This IS a difficult mission, probably one of the trickiest in the game. The only thing I can think of, is that during your retreat, you're flying too close to the ATR, or Strike Cruiser. Try tapping the F3 key to keep track of the closest enemy ship. Good luck!

Archived