Home

Jedi powers & abilities in Battlefront II

Windu Chi

The jedi addition in the new battleront game will be very welcome.

But I don't want (as any jedi fan will agree)any simple jedi powers or abilities. I want them to include ability to throw objects, debris and also throw enemies off ledges or into to pits.I want to see some lightsaber dueling ( like in Episode III the game) like I saw in the trailer,which I hope isn't a cutscene. I also want the jedi you can fight as to have special moves not one move but many, like for example runing off the wall(like in Jedi Academy) to execute a special attack. I also want use the enviroment as a avantage to dispatch my enemies quickly, like throwing with the force, explosive barrels at them. Also I want to have force speed, jedi mind trick, force heal and throw the lightsaber in cool ways among other things.

P.S. I know this is a lot to ask out of this game but if they going to include the Jedi than go all the way with it. Also with those of you who don't agree than you are'nt true jedi fans, so don't reply.

:lsduel:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but if you role play in the battlefield. Don't complain if an AT-AT converts your "l33t Jedi" into paste.

I believe that the Jedi will have unique powers based on who they are and what they used in the films. E.g. Vadar with choke.

This is Star Wars Battlefront. Not "OMFG! I HAV£ A L1TESABrE LOL!"

Heck, they'll need all the help they'll get being a melee class on a vehicle dominated map!

Originally posted by windu6

Also with those of you who don't agree than you are'nt true jedi fans, so don't reply.

You're telling me that I can't reply to this thread because I don't agree with you?

Wow. You sure stopped me.

Unfortunetly I think jedi are going to be in the game no matter how much people oppose it. From viewing the trailers and movies it seems that jedi are a kind of speacial bonus, once you achieve a certain objective the player that achieved that objective gets to respawn as a jedi. The jedi is only alive for a limited time and once that time runs out the jedi leaves the battlefield. It seems that some maps wont have jedi and if there is then there will be only 1-2 jedi on the map at one time, and they can't be everywhere at once. Jedi will be an important addition to the game but in the end its the grunts who should win the battles.

• 2 months later...

I don't think it's unreasonable to play as a jedi at all especially with some jedi powers the developers really should capitilize on...being able to manipulate objects on the the battlefront world with your force powers would be a great addition to the game but let's face it no jedi is invincible...I know you can play Vader in Battlefront 2, but they should let you start off as a Jedi if you like and depending on how long you live or how many kills you get, you become more powerful each time you respawn or something like that...anyways may the force be with you...

VaderR

Originally posted by VaderR

they should let you start off as a Jedi if you like and depending on how long you live or how many kills you get, you become more powerful each time you respawn or something like that...anyways may the force be with you...

VaderR

And that incites players to play with a regular grunt because...?

Because then they can get the true feel that all the Storm troopers/battle droids get when they suddenly become awful in the face of a Jedi. Imagine the catch phrases! "SWBFII, be the cannon fodder!"

/sarcasm

If there must be Jedi, then what was said in a recent interview sounds good. If you are doing well, then you are rewarded with being a Jedi. The better you do as a Jedi you will get to be one longer. Inevitably you will run out of time to be a Jedi (From the sounds of it no longer than a couple of minutes if you do great) and then that's it. You don't get to be a Jedi again. One time thing. If you blow it, you blew it.

I don't know if anyone's considered this, but the whole jedi thing has enormous single player potential... I know the idea of the game in general is being a grunt, but imagine in say.. a mod: You play as Obi Wan or Anakin in the Battle of Coruscant... you fly through the huge chaotic battle, land on the invisible hand.. saber your way through droids, fight Count Dooku (We've seen Obi Wan fighting Grevious in a vid) etc etc... I know if may not be the original purpose of the game, and I'll probably get flamed for even making the suggestion of being a jedi.. but it'd be fun would it not? Or chuck the jedi out totally... play as Han, Luke or Chewie escaping the Death Star... enormous Single player fun..

Well it's just a thought.

I really don't think that it would work out. I'm not saying that your idea is bad or anything but Battlefront was designed to allow you to play a part in an overall bigger battle, not follow the path of a certain character. Even though there are heroes the battle won't center around them and them alone. I'm not saying that it couldn't be done I'm just saying that there are other games out there that were designed specificly so you could play as a single character from the star wars universe, why mod Battlefront to do somthing countless other games were specificly created to do?

How many other Star Wars FPS are there?

Jedi Knight and Republic Commando.

How many of these have vehicles

Does this game have have official maps for these vehicles.

1 for the Original Trilogy.

Does it have AI for these vehicles?

No.

Are there large scale battles in it anyway?

No.

Y'see.. there isn't a single other SW game which allows you to wield a lightsaber, fire a blaster, fly a ship and take part in a large scale battle at the same time. Why wouldn't it work? Boost the main characters health a bit, alter some AI so some enemies guard specific locations. The battle goes on outside, you just have different objectives. Single player in BF at the moment focuses around a single character already. You.

Anyway tell "countless other games were specificly created to do?" to the people who were turning warcraft 3 into a FPS . Besides a CO-OP mod is incredibly popular for Battlefield, focussing on a few characters vs. the entire enemy team.

I don't know if anyone's considered this, but the whole jedi thing has enormous single player potential... I know the idea of the game in general is being a grunt, but imagine in say.. a mod: You play as Obi Wan or Anakin in the Battle of Coruscant... you fly through the huge chaotic battle, land on the invisible hand.. saber your way through droids, fight Count Dooku (We've seen Obi Wan fighting Grevious in a vid) etc etc...

Uh, that's what the RotS video game is for.

Didn't see much flying in that. Must have missed it. Anyway who says it has to involve Clone Wars and Jedi... I was merely thinking of somthing along the same lines as the CO-OP mod for Battlefield which involves a small group of soldiers against a larger army.

A mod for BF1942, several maps have been made for it.. involves a small group of players (with boosted stats rather than the normal BF classes.. essentially heroes) against a larger group of soldiers. They have to complete a series of objectives to complete. This usually involves getting somewhere and blowing things up :p

While the co-op idea is interesting, it might work for say a group of jedi fighting a clone trooper army or somthing like that, Battlefront's whole command post reinforcement point system is not designed to follow the paths of specific characters. It could be done, i'm not saying it can't I just really doubt it would be able to recreate the events that you want faithfully.

has anyone even thought that maybe you'd have to start off as a grunt before you can get to becoming a jedi?

like BF2, maybe you gain experence points that eventually gets you become a jedi into the battlefield, but even then they are limited

Archived