Home

Jedi powers & abilities in Battlefront II

Windu Chi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope you can kill the jedi.. not like in BF when the bullets only bounce or something thats lame.. i hope they arent over powered and that they really can get killed.. just couse you are a jedi doesnt mean you are a god.. jedi can get killed "easily" to we saw that in the movie ;)

You won't have to worry about everyone being a jedi, there making it so that there can only be one, or at the most two jedi per team on each map, and you can't just spawn as them anytime you want, you have to earn the ability to play as a jedi first by completing certain objectives.

Technicly Jedi can't be killed, from what they have shown they have a sort of "time bar" that is constantly going down, killing enemies and completing objectives will add time to your bar while getting shot, and team killing will just make it fall faster. Once there time is up the jedi just leave for the rest of the fight.

You won't have to worry about everyone being a jedi, there making it so that there can only be one, or at the most two jedi per team on each map, and you can't just spawn as them anytime you want, you have to earn the ability to play as a jedi first by completing certain objectives.

Technicly Jedi can't be killed, from what they have shown they have a sort of "time bar" that is constantly going down, killing enemies and completing objectives will add time to your bar while getting shot, and team killing will just make it fall faster. Once there time is up the jedi just leave for the rest of the fight.

Well thats just lame that you cant kill the jedi.. :S instead of making it real they put a stupid time bar and bla bla .. omg!!!

But we must respect Star Wars' story ! For example, Obi-Wan isn't dead on an Endor or Hoth map, but aboard the first Death Star. And even if there was Kenobi in such a map, we couldn't kill him, because he could be needed on another world, after this mission...

I hope you see my point...

Well having them leave the field is better then having them be invincible for the entire battle, and the whole leaving the battlefield thing is basicly just another way to say that there dead. Sure they don't actually fall over and die but they do leave the field permenetly and thats what really counts. The only reason they added the whole time bar, leaving the battle thing was to respect the story, as Leviathan said.

So instead of leaving the battle he would come back after a certain amount of time, perhaps in the hands of a diffrent player?

If I understand your idea it seems that jedi would become a more prominent force on the battlefront, jedi are there longer and more people would have the chance to use them which depending on who you ask could be a good or bad thing, some people would like to use jedi alot where others would rather they play a much smaller part.

it makes sense why they would be invincible though. if u think about it, as soon as they would come into play, everybody would zone in on them, and blow them sky high. its the same as when somebody gets the sword in halo 2. as soon as u get it, ur giving up ur right to survive. so i agree with the time constraint. however, it would be nice to see everybody get a chance to play as a jedi, just so they can see if they can play it effectively, so that they know if thats something they should aim for every match, or something they should just not worry about. but if its coming with a time constraint, i wanna see them go all out with the force powers. if its gonna be a gimmick, go all out, so that some ppl like us wont whine about it.

Guess so. Although saying that, there is fun to be had shooting people with the shotgun as they're about to stab you with the sword. I doubt you can do something that evil with battlefront though as decent insta-kill weapons are hard to get. (Nope, Rebel Pilot has a shorter weapon range than Vadar by the look of it!)

...I doubt you can do something that evil with battlefront though as decent insta-kill weapons are hard to get. (Nope, Rebel Pilot has a shorter weapon range than Vadar by the look of it!)

insta-kill weapons: -(bad things about each weapon)

Imperial + Droid Pilot's main weapons -arcs so good skill required

All Rockets -hard to use, long reload time

Mines -needs to be stepped on

Head Snipers -very good skill required shooting at moving target

gernades -delay before exploding

It would've been much better if the time bombs came with a detonator that allowed you to set them off whenever you wanted. Much less of a headache then it is now.

Yeah, roadside bombs and car bombs are incredibly fun in BF2. Too bad we can't pack a speeder bike with the Star Wars equivalent of C4 and ram it into a tank. XD

Yeah, roadside bombs and car bombs are incredibly fun in BF2. Too bad we can't pack a speeder bike with the Star Wars equivalent of C4 and ram it into a tank. XD

Yes you can :blast5: . You can cover the speeder bike with mines, then drive. When an enemy gets close to a mine, it explodes killing the enemy, you, and the bike (of couse thats with team damage on). You can take out a group of players or a tank. Speeder bikes go fast enough that they won't know to get out of your way. They will never see the mines, only the explosion and the Respond Screen. Do the same thing with fighters and you got suicide aircraft.

When I get behind eney lines in SWBF, I like to play mines under the tanks or bikes. Someone gets in them and BOOM.

This gave me an idea, I'm going to see if you can stick a mine on a frendly player...

Archived