Home

Jedi powers & abilities in Battlefront II

Windu Chi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A speeder bike keeps moving for a little while after you jump off. If you time it right, you can jump off with the right distance for the bike's mines to move out of your range and into the enemy's. I've done it before, but its not something I do very often (maybe twice).

I'm not sure about having a time bomb. A mine goes off if an enemy is within range of it. The time bomb, would have to be more powerful than a mine, or you would have to explode it when the enemy is just as close to it as a mine, inorder to kill the player. However, I have never used a time bomb in any games that I've played, so I don't know many tactics for it.

Those bombs are supposed to be more powerful then mines. Even in SWBF, time bombs were much more powerful then mines but their lousy throwing capabilities combined with a 3 second delay before the explosion made them quite useless.

Time bombs would make for much better ambushing gameplay as you are forced to stay and make sure to trigger your trap at the right moment.

... Even in SWBF, time bombs were much more powerful then mines but their lousy throwing capabilities combined with a 3 second delay before the explosion made them quite useless...

Time bombs in SWBF? I wasn't thinking of the gernades as time bombs. I was thinking a time bomb is something you plant on the ground with a trigger, not something you throw. The gernades with manual triggers would be a good addition to the game.

The gernades were thrown too hard in SWBF for me. Many times I would hit the player and the gernade would bounce back towards me.

You won't have to worry about everyone being a jedi, there making it so that there can only be one, or at the most two jedi per team on each map, and you can't just spawn as them anytime you want, you have to earn the ability to play as a jedi first by completing certain objectives.

Technicly Jedi can't be killed, from what they have shown they have a sort of "time bar" that is constantly going down, killing enemies and completing objectives will add time to your bar while getting shot, and team killing will just make it fall faster. Once there time is up the jedi just leave for the rest of the fight.

Interesting. This almost sounds like the "blood lust" mode in games like Rune and Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage. In those games you did enough damage to enemies (with your bar being kept up) and when it reached a certain point you get your "rage" ability. Taking damage made it go down, until it eventually was gone, but the idea was to go on a rampage once you earned it. For those who haven't played those games, imagine if JK2/JA's "Dark Rage" force power was only granted after you got a bunch of kills in a row or something... or compare it to something even simpler, the "Quad Damage" in the Quake games. This could be an incredibly fun feature actually, if done properly.

Now if the Jedi were just like they are in SWBF right now, it would be incredibly boring. All they can do is run around and do one swing with their saber, an instant kill move. I wouldn't expect them to be JK2 or JA quality or even ROTS quality, but give them a few force powers and some l33t saber hacking skills. It'd be more like a powerup than anything.

Still, I wonder what they would do if you did one of the "jedi killing" manuvers that worked so well in SWBF1? You know, like running them over with a vehicle, or landing on top of them with a ship? Would it just reduce their "bar" to zero and make them run off the map right then and there?

I'm looking forward to this game already... let's just hope they actually do the MP setup right the first time and give us the tools and servers in a timely fashion. It's too bad the first game had to be a "public beta test" though.

• 2 weeks later...
Technicly Jedi can't be killed, from what they have shown they have a sort of "time bar" that is constantly going down, killing enemies and completing objectives will add time to your bar while getting shot, and team killing will just make it fall faster. Once there time is up the jedi just leave for the rest of the fight.

To me that sounds like the Balrog in Battle for Middle Earth: It's just about invincible and has an attack that destroys everything in a large area, but goes away after a short time. When it attacks your base, all you can do is get out of the way while it tears your entire base down single-handedly. This repeats itself every fifth minutes until you kill the player using the Balrog.

The Jedi will be just the same way if he cannot die: To the Hot Place with team play, effort and skill, or co-ordination: Just send a lone Jedi or Sith into the enemy control point to capture it. All the enemy can do is get out of the way while their base is lost.

It's completely beyond me how people can possibly look forward to this feature:confused:.

--D. E.

windu6-"The jedi addition in the new battleront game will be very welcome.

But I don't want (as any jedi fan will agree)any simple jedi powers or abilities. I want them to include ability to throw objects, debris and also throw enemies off ledges or into to pits.I want to see some lightsaber dueling ( like in Episode III the game) like I saw in the trailer,which I hope isn't a cutscene. I also want the jedi you can fight as to have special moves not one move but many, like for example runing off the wall(like in Jedi Academy) to execute a special attack. I also want use the enviroment as a avantage to dispatch my enemies quickly, like throwing with the force, explosive barrels at them. Also I want to have force speed, jedi mind trick, force heal and throw the lightsaber in cool ways among other things."

I agree completely with you. I`m a star wars fan that likes that things. I played sw jedi academy a dousen times.

While you may be invincible you only have a limited time on the battlefield, so getting hit by a laser probably lowers your time by a few seconds, not alot but if your getting swarmed by a hail of laser fire you could be leaving the battlefield in a hurry, saber block probably allows you to block most if not all incoming fire, say about 75% so a good amount of enemies could still really damage you, it probably also allows you to parry enemy lightsaber attacks which I would guess would seriously deplete your time limit.

More important, I'd like to know if Bots will be able to take Jedi down using vehicles... :confused:

On the stage demo for BF2 (saw the video on gamespot.com) they were showing the Utapau map and the guy was playing as Obi-Wan, and he didn't even get a chance to show us General Grievous because, as he said, "my clone guys got to him".

From the sounds of it bots won't even need vehicles to take Jedi down.

On the stage demo for BF2 (saw the video on gamespot.com) they were showing the Utapau map and the guy was playing as Obi-Wan, and he didn't even get a chance to show us General Grievous because, as he said, "my clone guys got to him".

From the sounds of it bots won't even need vehicles to take Jedi down.

That's good to know, so... :D Anyone will be able to defeat Heroes...

Archived