Home

Jedi powers & abilities in Battlefront II

Windu Chi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure Jedi/Sith/Heroes will be able to jump into to vehicles.

But if they jump in a vehicle what will happen if theyre time runs out or the vehicle gets destroyed?IT'd be pretty wierd if an AT-AT walks off and dissapears or if a TIE gets shot down and vader runs off and dissapears like it was nothing. :smash:

I normally play on hard so I don't know about the other levels, but the rebel pilots and dark troopers do seem to have better than normal aim with those guns. Also, the AI snipers are very good. I have been sniped many times, from halfway accross the map, before I even finish moving around a corner. I also hate being sniped in the head by them, while rolling.

Has anyone played the "Killable Jedi Sides" Mod for SWBF1? Or tried combining it with the Jedi Forces 2 Mod?

Really I can see how even if the Jedi work on this basic level they wouldn't be any big deal. While a Jedi is stronger than your typical soldier and can get lots of kills fast, they are no more "deadly" than a person in a vehicle. In the Killable Jedi Sides Mod a single rocket can take out a Jedi, or a sustained bunch of blaster bolts. They barely have anymore health than your average grunt.

The Force powers in this mod are basically just a second attack. Force Push/Choke behave identically. They make somebody who's reasonably close to you go flying and land on the ground (no damge but you can throw them off cliffs or take the advantage when they're down to strike). Your saber is just one swing, the close range insta kill. You don't auto block anymore, but I can see them putting in autoblock for front blaster bolts only (while not swinging). The force attacks have limited range too. There doesn't see to be any limit on how often you can use them, but there's a slight delay between uses. Dooku is the most powerful since his lightning kills you pretty much in one hit, if you're in range. The Force power usage animation looks like the grenade toss hand wave thing.

Anyway, so that's a Mod's take on the Jedi. If it can work there, it can work in the new game with some tweaks.

But it sounds like in this game the "powerup" will be time based. I'm guessing they'll either make you completely invincible or else you'll have a kind of "damage bar" that gets reduced by being hit, and also goes down based on time (so damage would make it go down faster) and once it's gone you don't get to use the Jedi anymore until you earn it again.

Now that the closed beta is going somebody may get to see it, but there's always the possibility of it getting tweaked/changed.

I guess we won't really know how it works until the full game is out.

Archived