Home

Base 327

Guest the_big_i

Guest the_big_i

Um you know in the level where u have to find Tyridium well when ever i got in to look for it there is always so many ties trying to id u and i forget what u press to get Reinforcments can u help me with the Ties and which button is reiforcments thanks

Shift-s to call for help (and then space bar to confirm). That was in the documentation (please tell me you bought the game and did not pirate it...). Anyway, if you can't deal with the ties, play on easy. If you are on easy, make sure you have the patch from Lucasarts, or else easy will be really hard on that mission. If you have the patch and still can't do it...well, practice, I guess.

------------------

Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."

- Bill Gates

Guest oldmansteve

Yes. Although this is someone else's idea and I can't take credit for it, it works quite well, even at the hardest level. While Emkay is chatting with the customs official, you must quickly ID the shuttle, latch onto it just like it was a cargo container, and tow it out to it's jump point with all energy diverted to engines. Emkay and the official will still be talking to each other the entire time, ignoring your actions. When the alarm does sound, simply wait for the shuttle to depart (this shouldn't take long, as it is already near its jump point), pull in your fangs and make a run for it. If you're feeling like Rambo, wait for the TIE fighters to come to you - they will arrive in waves and will be much easier to destroy.

If you're having trouble reaching the base where the shuttle is located because you are ID'ed early on, try flying above or below the previous customs stations. Apparently, the Imperials haven't the personnel to patrol all approches to their base. No sweat!

Pick up The shuttle and tow it to the hyperpoint ?????????? I'm speachless !!!

I have to try that ! biggrin.gif

------------------

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent"

TZG+7

Heck, don't call for Rogue, and when the alarm sounds and you can FINALLY attack the TIEs, annihilate them, since the shuttle won't be harmed becasue it's in the station. Blow up everything, save civilians and the station (it's invincible), and you've got the mission biggrin.gif

------------------

"And it came to pass that the Wrath of Oingo Boingo fell upon the land. And Oingo Boingo cried out and said, "Behold, I have a wrath and I have fallen out upon your land." And the villagers of the land were frightened and proclaimed to Oingo Boing, "Behold, we are frightened, because you have a wrath and have fell upon our land." And Oingo Boingo answered to them, "Its because of you being frightened because of my wrath and falling out upon your land, that I shall destroy you." And Oingo Boingo did so. And it was NOT good, for all those who did see the great Oingo Boingo fell to his wrath."

-Tyais 3:16

Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.

--Tyais

[This message has been edited by MISSINGNO. (edited _*-@&-@&^!).]

Guest garyah99

Actually, I've tried picking up the shuttle, as someone suggested. However, there's not enough room in the shuttle bay and I wound up colliding with the station and blowing up. I don't think that works.

------------------

I can never think of anything to write.

Flying out w/the shuttle is easy. For some reason, anything you carry is invincible and can go through anything. Watch from outside and see.

Er - no.

Remember when you have to pick up the weapons cache from Twin Suns, if you are carrying it, it can STILL be shot up, right under your nose (err, undercarriage).

Same when you have to get the probe-droid pod.

------------------

Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

I suspect that somehow in the mission file it can be changed if an object that you are carring is invincible or not. The default is invincible. Because they don't expect you to pick up the shuttle they didn't set it.

What I meant was that if the thing you're carrying was three-quarters inside something big, the thing won't blow up. In fact, it will go right through it. (same for capships w/out a kamikaze order, as I've seen a Golan stalk right inside an ISDII).

------------------

"And it came to pass that the Wrath of Oingo Boingo fell upon the land. And Oingo Boingo cried out and said, "Behold, I have a wrath and I have fallen out upon your land." And the villagers of the land were frightened and proclaimed to Oingo Boing, "Behold, we are frightened, because you have a wrath and have fell upon our land." And Oingo Boingo answered to them, "Its because of you being frightened because of my wrath and falling out upon your land, that I shall destroy you." And Oingo Boingo did so. And it was NOT good, for all those who did see the great Oingo Boingo fell to his wrath."

-Tyais 3:16

Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.

--Tyais

[This message has been edited by MISSINGNO. (edited _*-@&-@&^!).]

• 3 months later...
Guest emupiett

Question: What is the best way to stop the shuttle from being destroyed? What happens when I play the mission is that I either get IDed or the shuttle gets destroyed in a matter of seconds. Also, why is the turret such bad aim?

[This message has been edited by emupiett (edited January 08, 2001).]

• 4 months later...
Guest Ajim

Hey..The Sabra Has bad aims...and I still cant get through the level..damn!!! Tow the Shuttle? Groovie! I must Try!!! biggrin.gif

------------------

Ace Rulez

Archived