Home

Battle Ships in Battlefront 2

JediKiller23

Well it depends what kind of ship you are talking about, I think star fighters should respawn, but capital ships, you were probably talking about these, can be destroyed and if destroyed I dont think they will or should respawn.

From what I have seen there seems to be two kinds of capital ships. Big ones such as Imperial Star destroyers and Mon Calamari cruisers, the ones where players spawn and man turrets, and smaller ones that you can't get in but there turrets do fire at you. I think the smaller ones are destructable but I am not sure about the main ones... I hope they are destructable it would be awsome to destroy a capital ship and watch it explode, while watching your kill count rise.

I don't think the capital ships will be destructable. Otherwise where would the player spawn? o_O

Of course, if it was destructable, that would be awesome. It could be an objective besides depleting their reinforcement values. If you destroy their main capital ship, you win, regardless of how many more reinforcements they had left! :D

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

Well it depends what kind of ship you are talking about, I think star fighters should respawn, but capital ships, you were probably talking about these, can be destroyed and if destroyed I dont think they will or should respawn.

From what I have seen there seems to be two kinds of capital ships. Big ones such as Imperial Star destroyers and Mon Calamari cruisers, the ones where players spawn and man turrets, and smaller ones that you can't get in but there turrets do fire at you. I think the smaller ones are destructable but I am not sure about the main ones... I hope they are destructable it would be awsome to destroy a capital ship and watch it explode, while watching your kill count rise.

I ment like Mon Calamari or the Super Star Destroyer or any ship. The Star Fighters should respawn for sure. Even the Ships like the Blockade runner or a Star Destroyer should not be destroyed and not respawn..... only the star fighters should respawn.

Originally posted by Derc

I don't think the capital ships will be destructable. Otherwise where would the player spawn? o_O

I bet they will be destructable. Also I have seen it in that second trailer. And @ Derc, every team got more than 1 capital ship ...

Plus they won't be easy to destroy, I would guess that the capital ships can take a ton of damage before being destroyed.

And they probably have sheilds that absorb most of the damage anyway. In order to destroy the capital ship you must first destroy the sheilds either by landing a strike team to destroy them manually or by destroying the generators on the ship via starfighter.

Once the sheilds are down then the capital ship can be destroyed, It will still take some time though, shooting the ship anywhere deals damage but some areas are more vunerable then others, and since engineers on board will probably be rapidly healing the damage you should try to aim for the weak points.

Once the final shot has been fired the ship begins to explode, first the center of the ship goes up in flames killing anyone caught in the inferno and then the fires spread, Some quick pilots might be able to evacuate before the whole thing goes down in flames but you had better get away from the wreckage quickly because when it explodes any small craft near by will probably be blown away.

I truly hope that Capital ships are destructable, it would be really awsome plus it would make manning turrets for defence much more vital.

Well what ParanoidAndroid said is everything I would like to see in the game. To have effects inside the ship as the ship begins to explode or whatever, would be awesome and of course give anyone inside a little time to escape through the ships in the hangar (would add even more purpose to those ships that are transport craft that are said to be in game.) Anyway, I too think that they should not respawn once destroyed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think that there should be alarms for about 20 seconds, to give pilots a chance to get to their ships, and others a chance to reach the escape pods. Of course, there have to be small fires and random (non-damaging) explosions during that time, both inside and out.

Oh, and a mandatory requirement is the traditional "Time to adandon ship!" and rather camp animation for launching the pod.

Archived