Home

TSLPatcher v1.2.10b1 (mod installer)

Can I overwrite a dialog.tlk entry instead of just appending it? The readme doesn't really help me here...

Edit: It seems overwriting dialog.tlk is indeed impossible. So what do I do if I want to use StrRefs in a 2da file that should completely overwrite an existing one, i.e. not just modify some lines?

Edit2: Nevermind...

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uuuuh am i the only one having the issue of tslpatcher not applying changes to appearance.2da, baseitems.2da, or spells.2da, i went and looked through the changes that were supposed to be made and from what i can tell everything was typed in right it just isnt applying them. is this a re-occuring issue or just my bad luck, cause i keep having to go into kotor tool and manually enter in all the changes which is beginning to become just plain annoying.

• 11 months later...

So, according to the first post, you can use TSLPatcher to insert files directly into .mod files already existing in modules.

Question is... how? Since I really need that feature for some of my own mods (.git can't be in override and many files that share their name across many modules)

Any help would be welcome, since I couldn't find how to do so...

So, according to the first post, you can use TSLPatcher to insert files directly into .mod files already existing in modules.

Question is... how? Since I really need that feature for some of my own mods (.git can't be in override and many files that share their name across many modules)

If I remember right, you just need to set your *.mod as install_folder in changes.ini.

For example, we need to add some files to 903Mal.mod and some other files to Override. So [installList] part in changes.ini should look like this:

[installList]
install_folder0=Modules\903Mal.mod
install_folder1=Override\

At the end of file we write the list of files which should go to our module and to override:

[install_folder0]
Replace0=g_dark_app01f001.utc
Replace1=g_dark_app01m001.utc

[install_folder1]
Replace0=pmbhm.mdl
Replace1=pmbhm.mdx

Files from [install_folder0] section will be addded to ou 903mal.mod, and files from [install_folder1] will be copied to Override.

Of course, you can have more than just one module as install folder, just be sure to give them proper numbers.

I'm not sure if it's possible to configure this with ChangeEdit, 'cause I've never really used it (I configure all my installers by hand with text editor).

Post #1:

Thanks... will give it a try :)

Would be very handy if it works...

Post #2:

Sorry for double-post but...

Worked like a charm. And made me realize I made an error too in my previous mod using TSLPatcher which I should fix...

Post #3 (new):

Okay, new question. I have a lot of smaller mods on deadlystream, and plan to make many more. Eventually I want to compile them all into one installer so I don't take up so much space in the downloads section :).

I know you can use TSLPatcher to set up many different installs, which is why I'll make this installer with tslpatcher, using a different info.rtf and changes.rtf per mod.

Is there some way that allows users to checkmark multiple mod installs at the same time and then run them all? Or do they *have* to restart the installer after each mod for the next mod...?

• 6 months later...

New question...

For a mod I have to have 4 different versions of 1 .ncs. Do I really have to make 4 seperate installations (not that this makes the installer really big).

Or is it possible to name then xxx1.ncs, xxx2.ncs etc, install the proper one and have TSLPatcher rename the file in override?

• 9 months later...

Trying to install "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge" for KOTOR 1. It keeps saying

"WARNING! Cannot locate the INI file "Changes.ini" with work instructions!" even though the file is there in the patch data.

Then directly after that, it says "Unable to load the instructions text! Make sure the "tslpatchdata" folder containing the "info.rtf" file is located in the same folder as this application" even though it already is.

What the hell is going on?

• 10 months later...

I cannot get ChangeEdit running. I tried administrator mode and troubleshoot compatibility. Nothing shows up, no errors, but there's an instance on my task-bar. I am running windows 7 64 bit.

EDIT:

I got it to work in a VM but I would still like a solution to this issue.

• 11 months later...

Is there any way to overwrite TSLPatcher's need for a dialog.tlk. It doesn't want to install if it's not found, which is not helpful if I want to overwrite a mod without dialog.tlk on the Steam Workshop (such as M4-78EP).

If all else fails I could try adding a dialog.tlk to the mod, but first I want to see if there's a more subtle sollution.

Is there any way to overwrite TSLPatcher's need for a dialog.tlk. It doesn't want to install if it's not found, which is not helpful if I want to overwrite a mod without dialog.tlk on the Steam Workshop (such as M4-78EP).

If all else fails I could try adding a dialog.tlk to the mod, but first I want to see if there's a more subtle sollution.

It's been ages since I looked at the code so my memory may be hazy, but from what I remember it doesn't strictly need a dialog.tlk file, it was just my lazy way of verifying that the user had selected a valid game folder to install to, since this folder always would contain a dialog.tlk file. (If I recall correctly there were a bunch of people reporting problems since they would select the override folder rather than the game folder as install destination). Could have checked for kotor2.exe, but dialog.tlk felt a bit more generic and since the patcher would generally work with this file anyway it seemed like a decent way of doing it :)

Would you know how to circumvent the check then?

While it would be easy enough to change in the code I don't have the Delphi 7 RAD environment the TSLPatcher was created in installed on this computer (no idea how well it'd work under windows 7 64bit either since it's over 10 years old by now).

Fair Strides has managed to make some updates to a few of my other old tools before. Maybe if you ask him nicely he could look into making a version of TSLPatcher without the dialog.tlk check? :)

Archived