Home

JKA siege bug (droid parts)

Cosmos Jack

Anyone have this problem lately while playing JKA Desert Siege.

When all the droid parts are brought to the ship the game doesn't end.

This used to be a Person with the part hiding on the other side of the map but now it's happens when all the parts to my knowledge have been rescued.

None show up on the radar on any part of the map and all members of the team are accounted for..

Is this a new bug or cheat because I haven't run into it before and now it has happened on two different servers?

• 1 month later...

It's always been a bug with the game, not a cheat. Now some idiots like to grab a droid part and deliberately hide somewhere to "ruin" the game. This can be done in any mode with capturable parts. The way to catch them is to spectate, and go to their view and then either 1) kick them 2) inform the admin 3) start a vote kick or 4) (If you're using OJP) start a teamvotekick after joining their team.

But this is different...

The map not ending is simple really. The game registers when somebody captures a droid part, and then moves on to the next one. But people get so good that they capture parts too quickly. They capture 2 or more at once, in rapid succession. The game doesn't "catch up" and only registers one, thus leaving one part "remaining" (the game thinks so even though all parts have been captured) and the map doesn't end.

I think this is similar to how the game counts kills. If you blast 2 people with a single explosive and kill them, or push more than one person off a cliff at once, the kills register one after the other, you don't just get two points. So the game has to "catch up" when stuff happens. For some reason this doesn't happen with fast droid part captures.

The same problem doesn't occur with Crystal captures on Korriban, but perhaps that is because the crystals "remain" as a physical map object once placed (the droid parts on the other hand simply disappear when captured so the game can more easily "Forget" about them).

This forces people to stand around until the timer ends, giving defense the victory (and bots stop fighting, they just stand around since from their point of view the map is over with once the last part is no longer around).

I've told RazorAce of OJP about this bug but he either doesn't know how to fix it or simply hasn't had time. The only "solution" is to warn people in the game and have them wait a few extra seconds between captures. If it screws up restart the map or just go on to the next one. ;P

Wait, so it can happen with the crystals on Korriban as well?

No, no it can't, thankfully. ;)

I was just speculating why it would happen with the droid parts, but not the crystals (say if you captured the crystals really fast together). The bug only occurs when capturing the droid parts. Sorry if that wasn't clear!

I didn't have a stopwatch with me, but everytime it's happened I think this is how it goes:

1) Person tags Falcon area with droid part.

2) Split second later the "droid part rescued" message appears.

3) I think as the message is disappearing or before it disappears the next part is tagged.

4) No message appears for the new part. Thus the computer "forgets" about that particular part being captured.

I however long it takes for the message to disappear I'm guessing. Whatever amount of time that is.

I would say "within seconds" though rather than split seconds. I mean a person will cap and then the door opens and another person leaps in to cap, etc.

Archived