Home

What happened?

I can't see new posts anywhere. I feel like my soul has been sucked out of my being. This is like playing The Dig. You know that there was once life around here, but now everything is gone and only the ruins remain.

EDIT: Ah, looks like it was already explained in the Help Center. Silly me.

Damn!

Unfortunately it looks as though everything since June 11th was lost. --------------------------------------------------------- Here's the chronical of the past few days as I understand it. After having consistent downtime and what have you, we ordered a new forum server. The new server, while good, consistently had problems with its httpd which was diagnosed as a hardware fault. The server eventually died, along with all the local backups (most recent). An attempt was made to get remote backups from the old forum server, as they'd be the most recent set after the local copies. More hard drive AND configuration issues with the original server due to our host. In the end we had to copy over the raw data tables and dump/insert everything anew from a the original database from the original server. We switched server companies, bought a separate from everything remote backup service in addition to the regular backups we make to our own hard drives.

It could be worse than posts since 11th June. The most recent old posts in the NightLight, Land of the Dead and Monkey Island forums are on June 4th :(

Actually, looking on the brigth side, the server is a lot faster to respond now. And apparently, there won't be down time anymore.

Archived