Home

Wtf!!!

Lorden Darkblade

wtf indeed !! my little corners, the EU forum and cantina have been reduced to their stickied threads only ! ah well, less work for astro

*puts feet up* :D

but the trivia threads survived :p

and OMGzrz ! Ive dropped to under 5000 posts again...

after this EM disturbance, does this mean the tripods are gonna pop out the ground...

wait...wrong movie/forum :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by matt--

Unfortunately it looks as though everything since June 11th was lost.

---------------------------------------------------------

Here's the chronical of the past few days as I understand it.

After having consistent downtime and what have you, we ordered a new forum server.

The new server, while good, consistently had problems with its httpd which was diagnosed as a hardware fault.

The server eventually died, along with all the local backups (most recent).

An attempt was made to get remote backups from the old forum server, as they'd be the most recent set after the local copies.

More hard drive AND configuration issues with the original server due to our host.

In the end we had to copy over the raw data tables and dump/insert everything anew from a the original database from the original server.

We switched server companies, bought a separate from everything remote backup service in addition to the regular backups we make to our own hard drives.

Man that sucks..... Well like what everyone is saying, at least we didnt have to start from 0 posts. :D

Originally posted by Darth Smaug

but he really is CUTE :D

Look at the custom title, it reads not cute. So, hes not cute. And don't say he is cute, because hes not..

Aww look at the little snoogal woosms awwww!!

Originally posted by Pal™

Look at the custom title, it reads not cute. So, hes not cute. And don't say he is cute, because hes not..

Aww look at the little snoogal woosms awwww!!

Ok, but i still think he cute...

@ TiE 23 .Well your not the only one who lost posts,i lost like

300 ..You didn't lose that much.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if we had to start over from 0. Just give us forums that don't randomly crash for weeks at a time.

I can see it now... a new LucasForums...

In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, LucasForums will be reorganized into the First LFEmpire, for a safe and secure society!

Originally posted by TiE 23

Damn it! And I was on a posting streak, I had like 3220 posts :(

TiE

whine.jpg

Now that I have everyone's attention, let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that post counts mean nothing. What really matters is registration dates. I personally feel that post counts should be eliminated all together. Too many people are obsessed with such rediculous numbers. Remember it is quality over quanity. :¬:

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Now that I have everyone's attention, let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that post counts mean nothing. What really matters is registration dates. I personally feel that post counts should be eliminated all together. Too many people are obsessed with such rediculous numbers. Remember it is quality over quanity. :¬:

I agree totally (maybe exept for that reg date part.<.<). It is just the custom title privilege that temps so many people.After that I don't get what the fuzz is about. If post count had anything to say, then Redwing would be the most important person here. And if that isn't scary and wrong, then I don't know what is.

whine.jpg

Yea I completley agree about the register date. By the way I originally registered in..........I think either May, March or April of 2002. So that makes me important :D.......... there any way I can get that fixed?

Originally posted by VikingLarz

Yea I completley agree about the register date. By the way I originally registered in..........I think either May, March or April of 2002. So that makes me important :D.......... there any way I can get that fixed?

I originally registered 1969.

Yup...if I could get that fixed, it'd be swell.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Hell, I wouldn't mind if we had to start over from 0. Just give us forums that don't randomly crash for weeks at a time.

I can see it now... a new LucasForums...

In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, LucasForums will be reorganized into the First LFEmpire, for a safe and secure society!

Yeah the LFEmpire.. * Bows* :D

....let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that post counts mean nothing. What really matters is registration dates. I personally feel that post counts should be eliminated all together. Too many people are obsessed with such rediculous numbers. Remember it is quality over quanity....

*compares reg date to grooves* ;)

I personally like post counts. As long as you post sensibly, then it is another sign that youve been around.

however, those people who have been here or a couple few months and have nearly/over 1000 posts worry me, as does ZBombers post tally :p

mtfbwya

Archived