Home

Fantastic Four?

Aash Li

Originally posted by Aash Li

whats FWIW?

For What It's Worth ;)

As for the Fantastic Four Movie... most likely it will be a rental for me.

I loved the comics, but I have my reservations for this particular Comic --> Movie rendition...

call me "kooky", but I don't get a good vibe from the previews... looks like they made the whole Johnny Storm and The Thing relationship a little too campy...

They were always razzing on each other, but the previews just made it look too corny...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a news story a few years ago about scientology I think. where they said it was a huge cult. Something like youre taken to this compound and arent allowed to leave until youre funny brainwashed/indoctrinated... or something like that.

Having a scientologist following Katie Holmes around just smacks of wierd-cultness...

Anyway...

Ghostrider you say? And with Nicholas Cage? Oh I hope that is going to be good, because I like both!! ^_^

(And I really wish the people who fiddle with the code woud switch the Submit Reply and New Topic buttons around >_< )

I am going to do some study on Sciencetology, and see what they are about. From a very far distance...

I have to agree with ChaiNz.2da on his point of veiw about the Fantastic Four... Their relationship is a little creeopy...lol..

Originally posted by REDJOHNNYMIKE

OH NOOOO!!!

Mac's gonna get dragged off to the compound, his mod team will be downsized, and I'll have to spend my free time watching......TEEEEE....VEEEEEE,

in my foil helmet:p

I did some research about this Sciencetology Religion, and I have to say: What the hell are they thinking?" From what I understand is that they made a religion based upon logical reasoning. Now, logical reasoning is something that every human being does automatically. I do this all the time when I go to school. You shut off your emotions, focus on what is logical, and dismiss what is illogical. It is a human ability, and these psychos made a religion out of it. When I studied Psychology and Abnormal Psychology, they get you to think in this manner. Sciencetology is a waste of time, money, and your soul. If you want to learn their techniques, but not loose your sence of self, pick up a book called, "General Psychology".

Originally posted by MacLeodCorp

Please note: Tom gives Steven credit for the story.. "War of the Worlds" was originally created on the radio by 'Orson Wells'. I can't spell his first name right!!

Actually Orson Wells Radio show (which was awesome, everyone thought the newscasts were real and that aliens really did invade, classic) wasn't the first "War of the Worlds"

The 1930s radio show was actually based on a 1898 Novel by H.G. Wells.

There was also a 1953 Movie as well.

but back to the Fantastic Four. I was pretty stoked for it, it was one of the few super hero movies my girlfriend agreed to see (batman being the other) Then she saw all the reviews about how bad it was and i had to talk her into it ALL OVER AGAIN about an hour before the movie. She ended up loving it, and i thought it was pretty good myself. So thats that.

Originally posted by MacLeodCorp

I did some research about this Sciencetology Religion, and I have to say: What the hell are they thinking?" From what I understand is that they made a religion based upon logical reasoning. Now, logical reasoning is something that every human being does automatically. I do this all the time when I go to school. You shut off your emotions, focus on what is logical, and dismiss what is illogical. It is a human ability, and these psychos made a religion out of it. When I studied Psychology and Abnormal Psychology, they get you to think in this manner. Sciencetology is a waste of time, money, and your soul. If you want to learn their techniques, but not loose your sence of self, pick up a book called, "General Psychology".

Its ok, Im usually the one to derail topics lol.

L Ron Hubbard is the one who founded scientology I think. When I was growing up there was this commercial on for years: "Dyanetics! The "new" book by l ron hubbard". Youd think after so many years theyd remove the word new from the commercial...

"Crack. Care for some? lol"

Thanks Ashley, now I've got Dave Chapelle stuck in my head:headbump

"how the heck do ya come up with that suff"

they are actually refferrences to a game called Psychonauts, kids get their brains stolen and walk around saying Tee veee Tee veee, and while the foil helmet has been around for a while (The scene in Signs is unforgettable:D ) there is also this crazy kid in that game who has crazy mental powers, which he blocks with a foil hat so he doesn't hurt anyone, he also talks to squirrels who try to convince him to kill everyone:D

"um ya lost me and where the heck did that come from"

I believe it was in response to your other question "how the heck do ya come up with that suff"

But I could be mistaken in which case I'll just go and play in my spy infested suburban neighbor hood;)

lols Psychonaughts, I have that game... although I stopped playing because I couldnt get past that stupid target shooting area where you have 20 seconds to hit all the targets that pop up... and then I went and played Kotor. heh

Uh Dude and Dudette, THE GAME RAWKS, and JG the humor is so sick and twisted, any adult with a sense of humor would enjoy it,

Ashley, don't give up, that's only the beginning (although if it's because you don't like the controls, there are later parts where they are nearly unforgiving)

I'm pretty sure that was in the tutorial area of the game?

You haven't seen nuttin yet:D

You can go in the mind of a security guard/milkman *cough*siganture*cough* who happens to be completely demented, and his consciousness exists in this twisted 50's looking suburban town, and he's paranoid so there are these retarded spies everywhere,

there's also this level where you go into this uptight Psychonaut guy's mind and everythings compressed and orderly, but at the end there are disturbingly large piles of women's shoes everywhere:p

Theres also a level where your like this huge GODZILLA in this miniature lungfish city.

Don't give up on it it's great "Let's make out," "No, We have to save the world,"

"Boys, no concept of a Moment":p

Originally posted by Bastila

I'd like to see it when it comes out on the 21st of july!!! i have to wait two more weeks it really sucks

It doesn't come out till then for you? I saw it the first day it came out here, which was last saturday (I think). I thought it exceeded expectations.

Well, of course she was the hottest, like I said, "the bridge scene"

I think Thing was the coolest character though,

although If I could have a power or be a character, it would be Mr fantastic,

#1 he gets the hot invisible girl,

#2 if I could have that power, I'd have a wife in less than two seconds, imagine what you could do with it:p

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

And seriously, out of all the powers, who's would you rather have? Definately invisibility.

Hear powers are best as she can do a lot more, i still can't belive i have to wait till next friday to see it, well at least people are saying it's good.

just imagine the jokes you'll get: "So you have an invisible girlfriend? Riiiiight...". And how will you know she is hott when she is invisible all the time? Maybe she is a 200 kg fleshmountain. So having the invisible woman as gf isn't that hott anymore, is it?

And before you jump my back pointing out the obvious that she isn't invisible all the time. Relax, and enjoy the joke for what it is.

Are you saying I cant like girls because Im a girl? O_o How very 1950s of you. :p:p

I require photographic evidence of you liking girls.

>_>

What? We DO need proof.

I think the Thing has the worst powers. I mean, wouldn't his...you know...be made of stone?

Aash Li: Don't think of me as a maniac or anything...On second yes, I am a maniac. Your new, you'll get used to me being around saying stupid things >_>

Archived