Home

K-GFF (GFF Editing Utility) v1.3.0

K-GFF (GFF Editing Utility) v1.3.0 (Jan 8, 2008)

Download from SWK.com

-v1.3.0: Added ability to search STRREF fields by STRREF (go figure); added ability to search STRREF fields by TEXT; added ability to search CEXOLOCSTRING fields by TEXT (not just CEXLOCSUBSTRINGs); made selection background color cyan for easier viewing (why didn't I do this right from the beginning?); Added notification if searching by text and TLK file has not been selected

-v1.2.4: Added language toggle for The Witcher non-standard Lang IDs, fixed some behavioral issues mostly involving keeping the node highlighted when things happen.

-v1.2.3: Fixed a bug with the MRU list that was causing some misbehaving when it came it to opening files, specifically, that the tree wouldn't show unless you hit F5 to refresh.

-v1.2.2: Fixed a bug in the GFF libarary, exposed by v1.2.1. This affected GFF files where, after pasting a List that has a single struct or empty List, caused the change not to get saved. Thanks stoffe again!

Yet another GFF Editor...

This one features some extra support for KotOR/TSL namely in the form of VECTOR and ORIENTATION fields. These field types, as you may recall, were not present when GFFEditor.exe was published on Bioware's web site. Consequently certain GFF files (eg.: .git, .ifo) would become corrupted by editing. K-GFF supports these fields, hence you will no longer need to use CamEdit if you edit a module's .git file. Support for StrRef fields (Field Type: 18) has also been added for Jade Empire modding as of v1.1.9.

Another enhnacement over GFFEditor is the support for multiple CEXOLOCSTRING substring editing. It is now feasible for instance to publish a .dlg file with localized strings that is readable in all languages.

Other little features include: rudimentary support for BINARY fields (you can import and export these fields to files to perform hex editing), Cut/Copy/Paste of nodes, optional TLK file integration so you can translate StringRefs if you choose.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah version 1.0.2 (has a nice ring to it for some reason.)

v1.0.2

- Set background of tree to white, sorted fields alphabetically, added name of current file to title bar. Fixed a bug with the dialog.tlk translations. Thanks T7!

(And thank you Uchiha Itachi for your nice comments. :) )

Cool, I still don't understand how to use the tlk for StringRefs :confused: Is it just supposed to show the value or the Value and the text from the tlk.

Anyway at least I understand how to addnew strings now ;)

Edit: Yup, that fixed it for me :)

I think v1.0.2 should remedy that problem T7 -- when you chose Tools: Use TLK file.. (or press Ctrl+T) you will be prompted with the open file dialog as you know. Once you locate your dialog.tlk file, K-GFF should translate StringRefs of CExoLocStrings into their text and place them in the large textbox (read-only but selectable for copying).

And yes, the behavior for the Strings is different -- you have to manually add them instead of just typing -1 in the StringRef box. I made it this way so that you could easily add multiple strings to a single CExoLocString.

hehe.. I was actually over SWK.com downloading the new DLG editor when I saw the link for this prog... of course I HAD to download new toys :D

Definitley looks great man! And couldn't have come at a better time (this prog and the new dlg editor)! I'm working on another project ;)

You keep amazing us with all of these new toys! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the nice comments. :D

There is a strange behavior that might catch you off-guard in v1.0.2. (Hopefully to be fixed in v1.0.3...):

If you are not running K-GFF in a maximized window, and you pull up a context menu, and if that context menu goes outside the frame of the K-GFF window, and you choose a menu selection that is outside that frame -- then a mouse click event will occur on the window behind K-GFF, causing K-GFF to move to the background. Harder to explain than show.

Anyway hope to fix that soon. Let me know if you encounter any other bugs please. :)

Hey tk I got a quick suggestion. Might it be possible in a future version to implement a erf editor similiar to NWNeditor. Where you can directly extract a gff file into the gff file editor and then reinsert it back into the erf editor and allow you to resave the new erf file. Of course if you did that I suppose you could extend it to a full fledged erf builder with it as well which NWNeditor doesn't support really. The reason I ask is because of your GFF editors ability to protect the camera angles feature.

v1.0.3

- K-GFF now uses the Windows clipboard for cut/copy/paste. This allows users to paste from one instance of K-GFF to another. The data is stored on the clipboard as XML, so you can also paste into Notepad for example.

- Fixed Ctrl+Del so it actually works :xp:

Originally posted by tk102

v1.0.3

- K-GFF now uses the Windows clipboard for cut/copy/paste. This allows users to paste from one instance of K-GFF to another. The data is stored on the clipboard as XML, so you can also paste into Notepad for example.

:emodanc:

Fantabulous tk! I'm really enjoying your GFF editor moreso than our other alternatives :D

Thanks for the toys :p

Originally posted by tk102

v1.0.3

Question: When I copy and paste placeables, I usually have to create the opening string, and then I am able to copy/paste as I see fit. Now, the reason I have to make the opening string is so the numbering system picks up... Other words, the next placeable's number is sequentual. When you use this new copy/paste eddition, will it automatically number the next placeable?

For example:

5<--If I copy and paste this to make a new placeable I get..

Originally posted by MacLeodCorp

Question: \When you use this new copy/paste eddition, will it automatically number the next placeable?

For example:

5<--If I copy and paste this to make a new placeable I get..

You are talking about the StructID? Copying and pasting will not update that number. There are some Lists that require particular StructIDs to be recognized. Plus I'm lazy. :D

But yes, I am susceptible to chocolate bribes. PM me for details! :xp:

A small feature request: It would be handy if k-gff would open files automatically when you associate them to it. That way you could open GFF files by doubleclicking them in the Windows Explorer or drag'n'drop them to the k-gff icon. Please? :)

Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-

A small feature request: It would be handy if k-gff would open files automatically when you associate them to it. That way you could open GFF files by doubleclicking them in the Windows Explorer or drag'n'drop them to the k-gff icon. Please? :)

it works for me :confused:

edit: it doesn't seem to work in any directory but it works on the desktop at least

Oops, I even had the subroutine to handle command line arguments in the code but forgot to call it. :o So with one line of code that should fixed. :rolleyes:v1.0.4 will be released shortly.

v1.0.4 released

- Will now open a file passed as a command line argument or when associated with a file (which is the same thing).

I have a few more suggestions that would be very useful if you wished to implement. :worship:

* Is there any way to make k-gff display the index number of the structs in a LIST field, like the bioware editor does? That feature would make it easier to find a specific struct in a List.

* It would be nice if k-gff could save the last used window dimensions, window positioning and position/size of the resizable panels (what are they called?) It's a little annoying when you have to change the window appearance every time you start the program. :)

* It it isn't too much work, it would be nice if the label, datatype and value could be displayed as columns like in the bioware GFF editor. Makes it easier on the eyes when you scan through the tree trying to spot a specific value.

* A simple search feature where you could type in a field value and the editor would jump to a field matching the value would be useful when trying to find a value in a large file.

* When pasting a value into an input box where the current value is selected, is it possible to make it replace the selected text rather than append what you paste at the end of what's already there like it does now? Most other windows applications tend to overwrite selected text when you paste, so it kind of goes by reflex. :)

Just a few suggestions. The editor is very useful as it is already. :)

Archived