Home

K-GFF (GFF Editing Utility) v1.3.0

I downloaded it again and its still .htm file. When the download thing first pops up it syas do you want to download tools.htm. I have MSN, i don't know if that has anything to do with it or not though.

Edit: i looked at the htm file and i know a little about html stuff, and it turns out all i downloaded was the webpage coding, like the stuff that makes it the website it is you know. I have absolutely no idea why it would do that though.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

I hate to bump this thread up, but I'm having a minor error with K-GFF. K-GFF seems to be closing at random intervals while I am working on editing a .git file. There seems to be no problem until it closes. It's no inconvenience for me, as I can re-open K-GFF and continue working. But, I just wanted to find out if there was anything I might do to stop the crashing. If it helps, I'm using K-GFF 1.3.1 (the latest version on SWK).

• 2 years later...
I dont have a kgff.ini file on my computer and it didn't help to delete the files in the temp folder.

Yeah I'm having trouble too. I downloaded Har3's module making tutorial and when trying to acess the files of the module in Kotor Tool I get this message:

Error launching GFFEditor

Is it installed in the same directory as this program?

:confused:ok well I did exaclly what the totorial said in downloading this tool and so I'm a little mad:mad: that it won't work. I posted this here because I am guessing that the help I need is with this GFF editor. Can you help?

I downloaded Har3's module making tutorial and when trying to acess the files of the module in Kotor Tool I get this message:

Error launching GFFEditor

Is it installed in the same directory as this program?

Hope this helps...

If you'd like to have KotOR Tool launch K-GFF instead of GFFEditor for editing of non-KT GFF files directly (eg: .are, .ifo, .git) you can do the following:

Extract KGFF.exe to your KotOR Tool folder.

Rename KGFF.exe to GFFEditor.exe.

I have recently experienced some difficulties with KGFF and KotOR Tool, and I have found that it comes from the renaming of kgff to GFFEditor.exe. However, this is not the software's fault, it is my OS's, specifically the XP registry, that is to blame (or the end-user, that idiot at the keyboard, uh, oh, me).

My solution, is simple and free and obvious - cCleaner. Cleaned up some registry keys that had programs pointing to renamed progs (that I had assigned through Properties prior to renaming, which is where I went wrong mostlikely), letting cCleaner delete them.

Reloaded the problematic files with GFFEditor(KGFF) and it was all good.

Lesson for those like me who got frustrated for a minute with the tools -

1. You can always uninstall and reinstall KotOR Tool.

2. If you are going to rename KGFF to GFFEditor, do it first before setting program associations for opening GFF filetypes.

3. If you botch the above, or are having problems, cCleaner is your friend (make backups)

Thanks again to tk102 for this tool, and all of your modding tools! I would be lost without them :)

Archived