Home

K-GFF (GFF Editing Utility) v1.3.0

Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-

* It would be nice if k-gff could save the last used window dimensions, window positioning and position/size if the resizable panels (what are they called?) It's a little annoying when you have to change the window appearance every time you start the program. :)

* A simple search feature where you could type in a field value and the editor would jump to a field matching the value would be useful when trying to find a value in a large file.

I second these :)

* When pasting a value into an input box where the current value is selected, is it possible to make it replace the selected text rather than append what you paste at the end of what's already there like it does now? Most other windows applications tend to overwrite selected text when you paste, so it kind of goes by reflex. :)

If you hit backspace the old selected text will be deleted. Tk your dialog editor does this too, so I assumed it had something to do with perl, If you could change it to overwrite automatically it would save a key stroke for us ;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

v1.1.0 released

Features added:

• The number of Structs in a List are now shown in the treeview for each List
  • K-GFF Now remembers size and position of window and the size of the left frame. (Note that the adjuster has a little square 'handle' at the bottom that you can use to resize the left frame). Positions are saved when K-GFF exits.
  • Datatype, Label, and Values are now aligned
  • Search functions: Search by Label, Search by Value, Search by StringRef, or Search by Text have been added to the Tools menu

Originally posted by tk102

[*]K-GFF Now remembers size and position of window and the size of the left frame. (Note that the adjuster has a little square 'handle' at the bottom that you can use to resize the left frame). Positions are saved when K-GFF exits.

Thanks, those are useful new features.

However there seeems to be some problem with saving the window configuration. If you exit using the Exit command in the File menu rather than click on the window close box, the window configuration is not saved. If you click on the close box, the window dimensions are saved, but the frame size is not correctly saved. This is how it turned out:

Before closing kgff

After restarting kgff

v1.1.1 released

- Search function buttons (F7-F10) are now bound to the main window rather than the tree, so now they will respond whenever the main window is active.

- Tree will now unfold as necessary when a Searched item is found

- File: Exit will now save the K-GFF window size/position.

@stoffe:

Thanks for the heads-up on the File:Exit issue. That's been fixed. As for the frame not saving its size -- it seems to work on Windows 2000 on two different machines. I haven't tried it on XP. Is that what you have?

As for the frame not saving its size -- it seems to work on Windows 2000 on two different machines. I haven't tried it on XP. Is that what you have?

Yes, I use Win XP Home Edition (with Service Pack 2 installed).

Seems like it saves (some) change to the frame dimensions since it didn't stay at the initial position/width, just not the width I set it to. I can increase the width of the right frame just fine and it saves, just not make decrease the width beyond what was shown in the screenshot above, or it snaps to that position when kgff is restarted.

Not exactly a huge problem. :)

@stoffe:

(I tried to send this as PM, but your mailbox is full...)

Stoffe, perhaps you can help me troubleshoot the behavior....

The settings are being written to a file called kgff.ini which is stored in your %WINDIR% folder.

Try this:

Launch KGFF, resize the pane and close it.

Then open up kgff.ini in notepad.

Next, Launch KGFF again, do nothing and close it.

Then open up kgff.ini in another notepad.

Compare the two settings. I think they will have changed, and hopefully if they change the same amount each time for you, I can make an adjustment for WinXP users.

@stoffe:

(I tried to send this as PM, but your mailbox is full...)

Oops. I've cleaned it up a bit now.

Stoffe, perhaps you can help me troubleshoot the behavior....

(snip)

Compare the two settings. I think they will have changed, and hopefully if they change the same amount each time for you, I can make an adjustment for WinXP users.

Yes, the leftframe width value changed between the two times. First it was 659, but was changed to 439 after starting and quitting kgff again.

I tried a few times to resize the frames in different ways, and it seems that whenever the Width is larger than 439, it is automatically set down to 439 again the next time kgff runs. If the width is 439 or less, it is re-loaded correctly.

Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-

it seems that whenever the Width is larger than 439, it is automatically set down to 439... If the width is 439 or less, it is re-loaded correctly.

Well that is fairly useless. :)

Thanks for testing this. I'll see what I can do with it on an XP machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Will you every plan to make an ERF editor with this added on, thats what I really need right now i know TLK editor does it but, TLK editor sucks some files it wont open, you cant extract lips with it. And almost every time i hit open it reverts to my documents making me have to go all the way through the folders again.

Aslo I would like to suggest that you do something for the CExoLocString that I saw in the late NwNEditor (the one that was in spanish, i no longer have it and it was a freaking dream, If anyone knows where i can get it please tell me) was that if there was a way to add a string to it so you could type it in yourself. You would hit add, and select male, then put the string reff to -1 and you could put your own in, but I dont see that with your utility, would you mind puting that in, make renaming map notes as well as triggers and the like MUCH easier.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, found that all you had to do was change it to CEXOSTRING, guess NWNEditor did it for me so I never knew hehe.

-GSCCC

Open KT, go to ERFs and extract whatever you want :)

I tried to do that to edit my custom modules, but when I open one of the things inside i get an error that tells me to continue or quit, and when i extract them it extracts them with no information making them appear on my folder with 0 kb.

-GSCCC

Is it possible to select multiple structs already or is that not an option yet?
No multiple structs cannot be selected independently. If they are in the same List, however, they can all be affected by cut/copy/paste/delete.

*REQUEST*: Could you make it so that when you hit ctrl + Delete, that it selects the next item down?

Done. v1.1.3 released.

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong here but I think the problem you are referring to is when you associate a GFF file to K-Gff and try to open the gff file. What it does is just open a new blank session of k-gff and not the file itself. Is this what you are referring to Viscerus.

If so all you should have to done is open the gff file from the drop down menu.

• 5 weeks later...

There's one thing that annoys me when making new areas: having to retype all the coordinates once I extracted them in a text file with the whereami armband. Would it be possible to add a copy/paste function so it's posssible to copy text from another application and then paste it in K-Gff?

It sort of has something like this via its XML copy/paste schemes...

One thing you could try doing is Copying a Position or Orientation Field and Paste it into Notepad. Then you could perform your edits and Paste it back into K-GFF.

But you're suggesting something a bit more specific with regards to the Whereami armband, yes? :)

• 4 weeks later...

i just download this and i am having the same exact problem as Viscerus.

Everything does stay blank. I was trying to open utc and uti templates for items and characters.

i start KGFF, the click file/open, then i browse to the character utc file i want to open and i click it, and KGFF stays just as it was when i started it, with no trace of my utc file displayed at all.

help!

Archived