Home

K-GFF (GFF Editing Utility) v1.3.0

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Version 1.2.0 released

- Added support for TLK V4.0 string translations (Jade Empire)

- Eliminated a bug where the file in the most recently used list that no longer exists caused KGFF to croak. This would often occur when trying to launch K-GFF by double-clicking a K-GFF assoicated file.

v1.2.1 released

- Fixed bug that was causing weird problems with copying and pasting empty Lists and empty Structs (thanks stoffe!)

That was quick, thanks for the fix. :thumbsup:

Do you have any plans to release a version of nwn2-gff with this fix as well?

v1.2.2 released

Fixed a bug in the GFF libarary, exposed by v1.2.1. This affected GFF files where, after pasting a List that has a single struct or empty List, caused the change not to get saved. Thanks stoffe again!

Not that i want to be fussy but its just an idea. :lol:

Going back to when you added support for the left/right keys, maybe if you could make the keys work similar to KotOR Tool, where left would return to the top of the current struct, left again would close it. Right would zoom down to the nearest struct and right again would open it. You know what i mean if you have KotOR Tool, if you don't then how on earth do extract files?? :lol:

Thanks for adding the function in the first place anyway ;)

~GM

Not that i want to be fussy but its just an idea...left would return to the top of the current struct, left again would close it. Right would zoom down to the nearest struct and right again would open it.

Yeah, that seems to make more sense -- left/right should only affect how structs are displayed so why not jump to them.

You know what i mean if you have KotOR Tool, if you don't then how on earth do extract files??

I use FindRefs more often than KotOR Tool if I know the filename actually. ;)

Thanks for adding the function in the first place anyway
Thank you for the suggestions. :)

I use FindRefs more often than KotOR Tool if I know the filename actually.

Oh yeah, i tend to use that for module reskinning as you can extract both the MDL and MDX files together for that module at once. :lol:

Thats an idea for KotOR Tool, does anyone know what has actually happened to Fred?

And seen as i shouldn't really post on here with out giving a suggestion.. :lol:

maybe you could make KGFF generate a .ini file containing the path for the K1 and K2 dialog.tlk file (or it could remember them the way it does with the MRU list), so that when you go into the TOOLS menu, instead of "Use TLK file for StringRefs" you could have a branch that says "Use TLK File >" and then have the option for KotOR 1 and KotOR 2. And a "Use other TLK file" for those who want to use their own.

Thanks again :D

~GM

Sekan, try deleting the kgff.ini file in your Windows folder. If that fails, try deleting the temporary files from your C:\Documents and Settings\(your name)\Local Settings\Temp folder. If that fails and you have a character with a diacritic in your username, try logging off and logging on as a user without a diacritc.

I dont have a kgff.ini file on my computer.

Are you sure of that? :) (Of course if your username has an accent, an umlat, or any other fancy Swedish character, you're probably right and you'll need to use a different username.)

In Windows Explorer menu:

Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Hide Protected Operating System Files (uncheck)

Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Hide File Extensions for Known File Types (uncheck)

Then look again in your c:\windows folder.

Well i did the changes but i have now a big problem. It's not my username that makes the problem... It's the name of my computer!! Is it someway to change name of the computer?

*hit myself 1000 times bcz i could changed the name when i installed winxp*

EDIT: But i think i can use your tool when i live with my dad :D:guiness::thmbup1:

I must really check things more before i post in this forum.

Well it was not the computer name. It's the name of my first username.

I cant change it bcz when i am loged in on my own username i cant change the bcz it's being used. Then i tried with another loggin that also was admin but it didn't work. You can stop try to help me bcz i will get a new computer...

Anyway thanks for helping me!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

KGFF v1.2.4 released

- Added toggle in View menu to select whether to use KotOR/TSL (Bioware) language IDs or to use The Witcher language IDs for CExoLocStrings.

- Made KGFF behave better when refreshing the tree and when adding a new node. When refreshing the tree, KGFF will remember what node you were on a make sure that node is still selected afterwards. When choosing to create a new node, KGFF will select the new tree branch for editing. (I know, that kind of expected behavior should've been there all along but it wasn't. :( )

- Added ability to Go to... a Field index or Struct index. (Ctrl+G)

• 1 month later...

K-GFF (GFF Editing Utility) v1.3.0 released

- Added ability to search STRREF fields (Jade Empire) by STRREF (I don't know how I missed this :o)

- Added ability to search STRREF fields by TEXT

- Added ability to search CEXOLOCSTRING fields by TEXT, though TLK file must be selected for this to work. Prior to this, only CRESREF fields, CEXOSTRING fields, and localized substrings were searched.

- Made the tree branch selection background color cyan for easier viewing (another :o why didn't I do this right from the beginning?)

- Added notification if searching by text and TLK file has not been selected

Archived