Home

The Bacta War

Well, with nobody looking like they really want to start any good RP's (since the old ones got fried along with the forum's hard driver), I'll go ahead and get one going. :D

The Story

Darth Malak looked outside the viewing window on board the Leviathan. He was thinking quietly to himself. So far, Revan had led the Sith to one great victory after another. It was astonishing, but yet bitter tasting at the same time. Malak hated Revan for his victories. Each brilliant victory brought more and more resent for her into his heart. She had been a great friend, and after she had turned, a great mentor. Even then, Malak always despised being considered the second in command, and it gnawed at his soul.

Technician- "Lord Malak, we're recieving a transmission from Master Revan. She wishes to speak with you privately."

Malak- "Very well. Put it through to the terminal over hear."

Technician- "As you wish my Lord."

Malak walked over to the terminal and bent to one knee. The screen flickered, then it showed the image of Darth Revan, the Dark Lord and Ruler of the Sith.

Revan- "You may rise Lord Malak."

Malak- "What is your bidding, Master Revan?"

Revan- "We have just recieved a report that an independant scientist in the Deralayel system has just placed 'Synthetic Kolto' on the market, which he has dubbed 'Bacta'. However, there is a catch: his price for the Kolto is the ownership of his planet: whoever can sieze full control of Deralayel will have the only access to this 'Bacta'."

Malak- "What if he is lying?"

Revan- "We already know that he is not. Our scientists have taken the time to examine the 'Bacta' sample he sent us and have deturmined that it works even better than Kolto."

Malak- "And you would wish for me to what, my Master?"

Revan- "Take your fleet to Deralayel and wipe out any opposition that stands between you and control of the system. Do what must be done."

Malak- "As you wish, Lord Revan."

Story Synopsis

A scientist has successfully developed Bacta, a synthetic version of Kolto that works much faster. This scientist is offering the Bacta to whoever can control his planet, and the winner literally takes all. Both the Republic and the Sith have been given the offers and have accepted it.

Basic Pretenses

• This RP takes place before the events of Knights of the Old Republic.
  • Revan is female.
  • Telos has not yet been destroyed.
  • Bastila has not participated in the war.
  • Admiral Saul Karath has not yet joined the Sith.

Rules

• i am the Thread Master. since i'm already a mod, a third-party user will stand-in as a mediator if issues arise between myself and participants in order to ensure fairness.
  • Force users (jedi) are allowed, but i will judge if the character is overpowered or too high of a rank.
  • No neutral characters. this is a struggle between the Sith and the Republic: there is no middle ground.
  • No admirals or other very high ranking characters: I will be controlling those in order to steer the plot in the right direction.
  • Only one character per person.
  • Of course, standard forum rules are in effect.

Character Sheet

Name:

Sex:

Species:

Appearance:

Equipment:

Alliegence: (Republic or Sith only)

Alignment:

Class: (Soldier, Scout, Jedi Guardian, etc)

Ships

If your character has a ship, they may choose from these ship classes only as either Sith or Republic. No modified ships can be used.

• Fighter (Fast; Low Weapons Power; Light Armor)
  • Gunship (Moderate Speed; Moderate Weapons Power; Medium Armor)
  • Patrol (Mediocre Speed; Moderate Weapons Power; Medium/Heavy Armor)
  • Frigate (Slow; Excellent Weapons Power; Heavy Armor)

Attributes

All characters must have attributes. Limit of 25 points to each of the following:

Strength

Dexterity

Constitution

Wisdom

Intelligence

alright guys, i'll just be controlling a couple of NPC's, so go ahead and get this show started. I'll keep track of your character's stats in this post just below. have fun. :)

Current Character Stats:

Name: Jace Nasai (starmark2k)

Alliegiance: Republic

Class: Scout

Alignment: Lightside

Attributes

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 8

Constitution: 5

Wisdom: 2

Intelligence: 7

Name:Jacelyn Llundae (Mlyke)

Alliegence: Republic

Class: Jedi Padawan

Alignment|Good

Strength| 5

Dexterity| 7

Constitution| 4

Wisdom|5

Intelligence|4

Name: Nathan Stryker (LukeKatarn)

Alliegence: Sith

ALignment: Leaning Darkside

Class: Soldier

Str.: 7

Dex.: 7

Int.: 7

Cons.: 4

Name: Akya Kalrae (Crying_Fate)

Allegiance: Republic

Alignment: Light

Attributes

Strength: 5

Dexterity:6

Constitution:5

Wisdom:4

Intelligence:5

Name: Jace Nasai

Sex: Male

Species: Human

Appearance: caucasian human, 5"9', Acrobatic body.

Equipment: Mandalorian assult Rifle, Republic mod armour, Granades, Heavy blaster, Stealth belt

Alliegence:Republic

Class: Scout

Bio: A republic Commando who is trained to work alone, Prefers stealth tactics. He is currently assigned to the task force commander and his ship of the Deralayel mission.

Attributes

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 8

Constitution: 5

Wisdom: 2

Intelligence: 7

Name:Jacelyn Llundae

Sex:Female

Species:Human

Appearance:Blackhair, Blue eyes, Acrobactic body and tan skin.

Equipment:1x Green Lightsaber

Alliegence: Republic

Class: Jedi Padawan

Alignment|Good

Strength| 5

Dexterity| 7

Constitution| 4

Wisdom|5

Intelligence|4

OOC: Is this ok? i was in a rush to do it and im tired.

((both characters look fine. right now i'm kicking myself because i forgot to include Alliegance, Alignment, and Character Class in the character sheets. so, just add those like i have them in my first post and you should be fine.

and don't forget your Attributes starmark. ;) ))

Name: Nathan Stryker

Operating number: 552-7890-009 ((009 is what he's called by other sith soldiers. Read Star Wars a New Hope choose your own adventure to figure out the operating number thing. WHen you have to choose for han to blast it or you take over, choose to take over.))

Sex: Male

Species:Human

Appearence: Caucasian male, with golden hair in the style of Cloud Strife, green eyes, exept he's usually in Sith Armor.

Equipment: Standard Sith blaster carbine, dual sith pistols, and a belt of grenades. ((No melee weapon.))

Alliegence: Sith

ALignment: Dark ((Not very dark, he just works for the sith, he's almost really nuetural.))

CLass: Soldier

STrength: 9

Dexterity: 7

INtelligence: 9

((LukeKatarn: so, you want a character that has only one hit point?? with no Constitution, thats exactly what you'll have. just thought i'd let you know. ;)

as for everybody else, i'll begin the rp soon. and for starmark and Mlyke, your characters are finalized and posted added to my first post for tracking purposes.))

((@LukeKatarn: thats fine. you character has been finalized.

ok, i'm going to begin the RP. lets get this thing movin. ;) ))

Master Linrali looked over the group of men he was about to debrief. Well, it wasn't exactly a big group of men: several soldiers as well as a few of the Jedi gathered were women. Oh well, it didn't really make that much of a difference. Linrali stepped up to the holopanel.

Linrali- "All right, there's not really much time for introductions or pleasentries, so I'll get straight to the point.

First things first: welcome to the Deralayel system. This system is composed of one central, medium-sized star, 3 sattelite planets, and an asteroid belt. Now, two of these planets can susstain life, but unfortunately, we have no idea which one houses the prospective 'Bacta' seller. The larger of the two planets, Deralayel, has a very diverse ecology with an equally diverse set of climates. Several areas are primarily desert, while others are temperate and tropical jungles. There are also varying degrees of grasslands, and so on and so forth.

However, we have been unable to locate any form of discernable technology on this planet, which is a source of concern for some skeptics that believe this whole thing is a fake.

Now, onto the mission: the Repbulic Command is intent on just simply finding the 'Bacta' and returning one lone sample to Repbulic scientific offices for mass duplication. To do that, we do have a lead on a possible location.

As I just stated, we have been unable to detect any technology on the planet. However, we have located two 'hotspots' located on of the Northern Continents. These hotspots are exactly 100m apart. And, we have deturmined that the hotspots are not the effect of any natural formation. Therefore, we have reason to believe that location is where we can get the 'Bacta'.

However, it does get a bit tricky. As you realize, the Sith will attack and Republic vessel that attempts to enter the planet's atmosphere, so there is a potential that trying to insert you into location could result in a major battle, of which the commanders have no wish to partake in.

It also gets a bit more tricky when you realize that these hotspots are located in Sith-controlled areas. But, we're confident that you folks can get the job done.

(rabbles on with specific orders for different men)

Now, that brings me to the toughest part: taking out the Sith's Main Communication Outpost. To do this, we'll be sending in a single team composed of a trained commando and a Jedi. Since most of our Jedi already have been assigned elsewhere, Padawan Jacelyn will undertake this mission. The Republic Commando assigned to her is... Staff Sergant Jace Nasai. Your assignment is to do whatever is neccessary to take out that communications outpost. Its well guarded by a full company of Sith Troopers, so be on your guard.

(continues to rabble on with several other orders)

Alrighty then, that should do it. Report to your transport craft by 0230 and be fully prepped to go. May the Force be with us all."

Captain Tyran looked over the communications grid. Everything was finally getting into place. The battle that had taken place to gain control of this continent had been fierce, and his own troops had seen a large portion of the fighting. Several soldiers had to be replaced, but thats just the way things happen in war.

Tyran decided to see how the troops were doing. He headed outside to check in with Sgt. Stryker, his new XO.

Tyran- "Sgt. Stryker!! Report in!!"

Jacelyn was astonished to go on this mission. it was her first ''true''mission. She had a big smile when she heard that she would be teamed up with Jace Nasai. Jacelyn walked immeditely to Jace Nasai grinning.

''Jacelyn: Reporting for duty sir!. When do we begin?

Jace stood still looking up at Master Linrali, He was not to happy being put under the command of the jedi but he was a soldier and he followed his orders. What he was less thrilled about, was the fact he had been 'partnered up' with a jedi. Jace Nasai worked alone, everyone on bourd the ship knew that. He looked around and saw a human women wearing jedi clothing approach him.

Jacelyn: Reporting for duty sir!. When do we begin?

Jace- "Staff Sergant Nasai. We move out with the rest of the transports in an hour... And don't call me sir, It's Jace.

(( I hope this is ok and its not too late to join. I added a short bio even though you didn't require it. It helps me keep in character if I know what type of character I'm playing.))

Name: Akya Kalrae

Sex: female

Species: Human

Appearance: Long black hair, green eyes, red triangle tattoos under her eyes, (like reno from FF7), slender, toned, beautiful, and of medium height.

Equipment: Republic mod armor, Heavy blastor pistol, vibroblade, Ion and frag grenades.

Allegiance: Republic

Short Bio: Akya was born and lived a normal life oblivious to the events taking place in the galaxy. When she was 21 she met a man named Mellas Nunari. They fell in love and he pledged to marry her one day. But Mellas was determined for them to live in a safer world, so he joined the republic feeling he could better protect Akya if he could stop harm from reaching her. After only 6 months she recieved words that he had been killed by the sith. From that moment Akya swore to protect the innocent in Mellas’ name. She too joined the republic and has been apart of the war effort since.

Attributes

Strength: 5

Dexterity:6

Wisdom:4

Intelligence:5

((@Crying_Fate- its not too late. i'll go ahead and finalize your character. :) ))

Master Linrali was walking down the hall. He was troubled from a vision he had just seen in the Force concerning the padawan that was going on the mission. Linrali had already questioned the wisdom of putting a padawan with a fully trained and highly experienced commando for one of the more dangerous missions.

Linrali reached the prepping area and scanned over the troops that were prepping for assault. Then, he found her.

Linrali- "Padawan Jacelyn. I need to speak with you for a moment."

Lt. Feero walked up to the lecturn in the briefing room. He was a bit uneasy with the whole thing, but it was his job to lead his troops into battle.

Feero- "Alright folks, if you can't tell, we're headin back to the war. Our platoon has been tasked with securing a bunker just two klicks north of this communications outpost. The idea is for us to hit the bunker in order to hopefully distract and possibly bring in part of the Sith Troopers that are guarding the outpost. This is supposed to make it easier for the team of commandos that have been assigned to take out the communications outpost."

Sgt. Yssif- "Umm, sir? What are we supposed to do if we don't distract them too well?"

Feero- "Then we have orders to remain on call in case the commando team runs into any serious trouble. Any other questions??

Okay, our intell is reporting that the bunker is well protected with mounted repeating blasters and a couple of snipers. They're very well protected from the southern side, which over looks the field. So, we'll be inserted up from the North on the other side of the forest. From there, we'll quietly make our way to the bunker where we'll hit them from the Northern side. The forest should give us plenty of cover so that we won't get spotted on our way in.

All right, Corporal Kalrae, you'll be tasked with taking point throughout the mission. You know the drill.

(rambles on with other specifics)

Okay, we'll be meeting up in the main hangar by the Lander Point transport at 0230 hours. I'll see you guys there."

The Jedi master Who had given the orders approached his new jedi 'partner'.

Linrali- "Padawan Jacelyn. I need to speak with you for a moment."

Jace- "I'll Leave you two, to it. I need to prep before we launch, I'll meet you by the transport."

Jace turned around and begun to walk towards his quarters.

Jacelyn frowned. She was't expecting that kind of ''awnser. she sighed and said

''Jacelyn: You better be on time..

Jacelyn walked to where Master Linrali was. bowing when she reached him

''Jacelyn: Yes master? is there a problem?

Jace was in the armory he's a the workbench seting up demolition packs so he could destroy the siths communications outpost. He was in a state of extreme concentration as one wrong move and he could blow himself up. As he was working he suddenly swung around on his chair and unholstered his pistol pointing at a zabraks forehead.

Sankra- "Damn it Jace you win again, You're too fast for me. How did you know i was there."

Jace- "perhaps i'm one with the force.. Or maybe you need to start wearing soft soled shoes"

Jace re-holsters his pistol and starts back on his demo-packs

Sankra- *Short laugh* "So i hear you're going to the planet and been partnered with a jedi."

Jace- "Yeah that's one way to look at it.

Sankra- "Sounds like you don't."

Jace" No, I'm basically babysitting. This jedi, isn't even a full jedi she's a padawan. I Can't see why i would be assigned to work with anyone.

Sankra- "Yes,yes you work alone... you need to learn to trust people more."

Jace- "I used to trust Revan."

Sankra- "Good point... So whats with the Explosives?"

Jace- "Me and my... Companion are suppose to destroy the comms outpost."

Sankra- "Why do you need to work with a jedi for that?"

Jace- "I don't know, the master was in charge of that assignment and thats the way i suppose they do things."

Jace finishes The demo-packs and plases them in his field pack.

Jace- "I'm going to head for the transports... see'ya around."

((OCC- stringerhs I just used sankra as a friend character so you know more about jace and his feelings on the situation. if you want to use him as a future NPC you can. Obviously as your the thread master you can))

Linrali- "Well, yes and no. To be honest, I'm not the one in charge here. Master Vrook is. He was the one that specifically brought up your name for the mission you are about to embark. That is the only reason why you are on this assignment. Otherwise, Sgt. Nasai would be going in alone.

When I pressed Vrook for his reasons why, he could only state that there was something at work and it involved your destiny. He refused to tell me more, but with a great deal of meditation there is more that I have learned. However, it is not for you to hear from me. I will tell you that it is of the utmost importance that you work as best as you can with Sgt. Nasai. If you don't, things could go terribly wrong.

Now, just take my words with a grain of salt. For now, I suggest that you find yourself a quiet room to meditate on your own. Don't bother to concentrate: let the Force be your focus point. May the Force be with you, Padawan."

''Jacelyn: Master Vrook?...why would he do that?..I trust in your greater judgement.

Jacelyn sighed and said something as Linrali was walking away. I will go prepare myself for the attack..

Jacelyn went to her room which was't really far and she began meditateing and prepareing for the battle to come.

[Yea I figured it's not too late when you only have 2 pages completed so yeah..]

Name:Kassaji Vos

Sex:Male

Species:Kiffar [Near-Human]

Appearance:Long black dreadlocks, extending to his lower back. Tribal Tatoos on nearly every part of his body. [A vertical tato extending from the start of hair to his collar bone. Wears a light armor with a red star on the right shoulder pad. Wears a rebreather mask from an grueling battle wound. [The rebreather masks seen in KOTOR]

Equipment:Rebreather Mask [built in Aquata Breather], Violet Lightsaber [Dooku style hilt].

Alliegence:Sith

Alignment: Darkside

Class:Jedi Guardian

Strength:8

Dexterity:7

Wisdom:2

Intelligence:3

Ship: Sith Fighter [is it okay if my fighter looks like a crimson TIE Interceptor?]

Jace walked into the transport Hanger he was one of the first their other than the engineers and pilots who where preparing the ships for landing. Jace always tried to get to the transports early, It gave him time to look over the Intel and work out the best way to approach his targets and infiltrate the building. It was normally strait forwark he knew what he could handle so he knew the best way for him to break into a facility but this time he had to consider his new companion. Jace knew Jacelyn was a jedi so her physical abilities would be exceptional proberly better than his own but he did not know if the jedi possessed any skills (or powers) in stealth. The fact she was a jedi could be a liability as if there are any jedi at the facility they could detect her presance. This made Jace question the Jedi masters order for him to be assigned with a Someone else. As jace looked at the itel he came to the conclusion that it would be best to play this one ear and deside on the best cource of action later when he knows more about the jedi. He desided to wait in the hanger for the orders to board and head to the surface.

((@Darth_Krow- thats fine. i'll finalize your character. For now, you'll be posted alongside LukeKatarn's character.))

Admiral Saul Karath looked over the tactical screen. The Republic's Fleet had been standing off with the Sith Fleet for literally days. It seemed that neither side was wanting to initiate fighting.

At the same time, Karath wondered about the desicion he had already made. A part of him didn't feel like it was right to betray those that he had been serving with, especially the one that had consistantly served under him: Carth Onassi. But, Karath knew it was the right desicion because the Sith would ultimately win the war.

Still, Karath had yet to actually betray the Republic, so as of now, he had a job to do. The major offensive to steal a sample of Bacta was about to begin. Karath looked at the time stamp. It was 0200. Suddenly, the sensors went active. There were Sith Vessels entering the "no-man's land". They had to take action.

Karath- "All right folks, we got company. Prepare for assault...

(starts handing out orders)

And inform the landing teams that we'll have to get started early. We'll be launching them as soon as they're ready."

Comm Announcement: "All landing teams grab your gear and report to your designated hangar. Repeat: all landing teams grab your gear and report to your designated hangar."

The call for the ships to be boarded came over the speakers. Jace looked around for his partner but she was nowhere to be seen. he Desided that the jedi would proberly catch up so he ran up the loading ramp and towards one of the 'passenger' seats. Jace sat down and waited for the launch.

Jacelyn walked up the ramp and sat on one of the chairs nearby Jace, She could't help but feel something is wrong with this mission it feels..funny, Jacelyn held a tight grip on her lightsaber waiting to leave,

((well, actually i thought everybody had lost interest. that and i haven't heard from Mlyke, LukeKatarn, or Crying_Fate since their last posts in this thread. IMHO, its just not fun to RP with just a thread master that doesn't have a true PC and someone else.

if we hear from them (and they stick around), i'll make sure it keeps on going, but otherwise, i don't think its worth it.))

Archived