Home

KOTOR III contd.

Okay we lost all our K3 speculation threads (recent ones anyway)

So what do you want done in KIII?

If there is a Kotor III (or any Kotor) movie, who would be in it?

If there's a Star Wars TV show what's it about and do you think it will be Kotor related?

We had a few interesting threads on these topics, kind of figured they'd fare better together (until they get back on their feet) THEN THE MODS CAN GET ALL SATISFIED BY CLEAVING IT UP

J/K

Seriously I wanted to discuss them again, but figured it would be simpler to have one cluttered thread, then a cluttered forum:D (at least until it gets cramped all up in here)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few things for me, a JK fighting system J/K:p

BIG HUGE UBER MAPS!!!

Expandable parties, everyones recruitable and convertable.

New Engine, BEFORE YOU ALL FISH SLAP ME (especially you Goku, master of fish slaping) I just got my Xbox Demos for this month and there was one for some RPG called Oblivion, DID ANYONE SEE THE LANDSCAPING:eek: can you imagine Dantoine, Dxun, and Kashyyyk, with all those grass and trees, and just because you change engines doesn't mean you can't keep the artistic soul of the game.

Modder Friendly Utilities, again don't FS me, I wouldn't give KT and mary anne up, but it would be nice to have developer supported tools that can be compatible with and maybe even collaborate with the current favorites,

PHOTOSHOP INCLUDED WITH GAME:D

or at least make like a hundred dollar version of the game with added Modder support, not sure exactly how Modder support would be implemented, but one things for sure, it would include old files so you could have any character and any module and ANY THING ELSE.

That's enough for now because I'm hungry, THE ORDERLIES ARE BRINGING ME BURITTOS YIPPEE KIYAAYY:p

Oh maybe that's what it was, never played them, Long story short some people had originally suggested an action fighting system, and all the Vets were like SHUT UP RETARD, so I threw it in as a joke, reality rule#123165464542154589713246,

Comedians don't have to do research:D

Alignment specific dialogs if they keep using the Influence idea with party NPC's.

A realistic Dev time table. No cashing in on the holidays with an early release. -Though OE did a hell of a job with just a little over a year dev time.-

More worlds. *cough Coruscant cough*

More access to things in said worlds. I don't think every building should be a locked unopenable door. & make these places look lived in. Not just clean hallways/rooms, if that makes any sence.

Supported tools for the modders. Could only imagine the stuff they'd come up with if LA would actually support these guys & girls.

Probably have an edit later when I've woken up a bit more.

*Edit*

If the option to turn party NPC's to jedi remains, no more of this "close your eyes" & poof your a jedi s***. Though I'm not really sure how to go about doing it -too much beer- anythings better than what happened in TSL.

Loose the wave your hands & poof a saber. Perhaps customizable hilts (though thats more window dressing & the modders have that covered). I did prefer the route they took with finding the different parts then build, I just wish it had been a bit more than said hand wave, or "hey you, I got my parts".

The writters take into account all possible character deaths from previous games. 9/10 Bastilla's head went bouncing along the deck of the Star Forge in my games, only to have her show up in K2 neck & head in tact kind of put me off. If they feel the need to make certain characters return in cameos, recruitable, etc. I hope they remember whether said character could have died earlier in the series.

I like that idea, I think, do you mean having your dialog choices actually affected by your alignment, like how things like awareness, repair, Etc. gave you more choices, if so how about class unique, choices, say if your a master you have wise sounding choices, weapon master gets LS but assertive choices, and watchman gets persuasive and interrogative choices.

You're right the levels are too bland (the downside though is it will make it harder on modders to compete, but who cares about them:D )

Let's make them look like my room (I take out at least a trashbag of garbage a week:p )

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME ABOUT MOD TOOLS INSTEAD OF ASUMING THAT I HATE THE CURRENT ONES YAAAAAAAYY:D

More, like Handmaiden for instance if she's completely dark aligned, not whining at you for commiting a dark act in her presence. She'd actually support your evil. Yeah, it would be a lot more VO work, but with an extended dev time it would be possible. This is my only gripe with the state of the current Influence system. I wanted to be able to shape the party NPC's into uncaring fits of rage, instead of just changing their appearance & background on their character sheet.

Thats a good idea with class specific dialog options for the PC as well. Wouldn't mind seeing something like that at all, it would definatly make each class a bit more unique than just different bonuses.

As usual I agree with what FiEND posted, plus I remember Achilles posted some additions he wanted to see for KOTOR III, and I would have liked those as well.

I was dissappointed about the dialogues in TSL converting your NPC, if they had enough time I'm sure that OE would have altered their outlooks on your actions.

I.E. No Deciple or Handmaiden whining, Mira not caring if you kill someone, etc.

Yeeeah it would be nice to see Mira flinging herself upon everyone you try to kill in an effort to save them,:headbump what am I saying she actually needs to be flinging herself on the PC more:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

And she does look cool as is, but it would be nice to have an option of letting her hair down, just to see what she would look like, and the same for Briana, oh well lets do the same with Bastila and Juhani to, and the most interesting of all what does Visas look like, she's got hot lips, but there's always that, what if she has eyeballs instead of hair question???:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see...

1. Longer Game (maybe 300 hours this time?)

2. More enemies, more enemies, more enemies...

3. More interactivity with the enviorment (you know, press every little button in the area)

4. Capability to take all party members out of the Ebon Hawk with you.

5. More planets, bigger planets (like 80 of them [at least]). More areas, bigger areas...

6. Hilt creation for lightsabers!

7. Better figthing system

8. More moves, combo moves, ability to affect the outcome of the battle

9. An addition to control HUGE epic-battles in Real Time style, that you can command troops, build a base, conrol a space battle.

10. Make the Ebon Hawk upgreadable to a Super Battle Crusier

11. To fly a Star Figther (and buy, upgrade or make some, mind you)

12. Have all the Ebon Hawk crew from KOTOR 1 to come back, and from KOTOR 2, only: Atton, Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, Kreia (ghost form, mind you)

13. More items, better items...

14. Real Romances (with a little kiss in the end, maybe?)

15. Better and improved influence system! NPC have their own opinions and they comment your actions!!! AND IT ALL AFFECTS THE STORY!!!!

That's what I could think of right now.

EDIT

:eek:

Forgot to add:

16. Ability to use a melee weapon and a ranged weapon at the same time.

17. More Force powers, more Force powers, more Force powers!!!

18. More Skills, more Skills, more Skills!!!

19. More Feats, more Feats, more Feats!!!

20. More Levels, more Levels, more Levels!!!

"Longer Game (maybe 300 hours this time?)"

Yeah, it would be nice to add 50 hours to it:D

I agree with pretty much everything you said, except for:

NO REAL TIME STRATEGY GAMING (some people do play on console, and it wouldn't fit the game)

I LIKE THE FIGHTING SYSTEM, IT MUST BE EXPANDED, NOT REPLACED,

the fighting system is one of the main things that make it KOTOR

But AMEN on pretty much everything else:D

EDIT: I CONCUR WITH UCHI:D

'Knights of the Old Republic III: The Outer Rim"

What do I want to see:

1. I like those Sith from 'KotOR I'.

2. If they do the robes thing again, I hope the bottom of the robes drag. I think the floating thing is weird.

3. At this point, my character would be so powerful that I would want a Jesus PC.

4. I want an epic animated ending, and not that dialogue crap. Dialogue is good during the game, but in the end??

5. How about being allowed to bring your 'KotOR I' Revan into 'KotOR III'. Instead of starting over, just bring the saved character right into the next game.

6. How about two PCs: One PC will be your 'Revan' character, and the other will be your 'Exile'. However, you get to pick the head pieces for each, and not the game.

7. No gender specific 'Revan' or 'Exile'. You choose at the beginning the name and how they look.

8. No gender specific recruiting.

9. 'Battle Meditation' that works.

10. Lightsaber at the beginning of the game.

11. Force powers such as 'Persuade' that works. Since the influence thing ran the game, Persuading characters was not an option.

12. I want a bad guy, which is difficult to kill, and is intellegant as Grand Admeral Thrawn.

13. I was ships to blow up.

14. Turrent games.

15. Side quests that run between planets, which are worth my travel time.

16. Bonuses.

17. I want really sweet or powerful items after I kick a main character's but, and not that randomizer. However, the randomizer is good for everything else. Otherwords, if I put the time in kicking someone's but, I don't want random items, I want an item worth fighting for. Something to help my story.

18. I want storage units back on the Ebon Hawk.

19. When things blow up, I want garbage to fly. Debri and everything.

21. I want to have fun, and not have to worry about too much dialogue.

22. Tantooine, Dantooine, Taris, HK Factory, Droid Planet, Sith Masters against Jedi Masters.

23. I want an epic war to play out in the middle fo game play, which is so epic that I cry.

24. I want a revelatioon that I never saw coming, but was hinted to throughout my game play.

25. I want a 'Padawan'. To bend to my will...

Originally posted by MacLeodCorp

5. How about being allowed to bring your 'KotOR I' Revan into 'KotOR III'. Instead of starting over, just bring the saved character right into the next game.

Then people would complain that they don't have the first game. They wouldn't do that for this game unless it was an expansion pack, and it better not be. Though I would like to see it as well.

23. I want an epic war to play out in the middle fo game play, which is so epic that I cry.

You'd cry? :crybaby:

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

Then people would complain that they don't have the first game. They wouldn't do that for this game unless it was an expansion pack, and it better not be. Though I would like to see it as well.

You'd cry? :crybaby:

Yes! A battle that I will be proud of!

" I want a revelatioon that I never saw coming, but was hinted to throughout my game play."

Wait about 6 months to half a year, when I get the mod skills to make my KI and II full conversions, by then the story will be finished:) And you'll never see it comin';)

" At this point, my character would be so powerful that I would want a Jesus PC"

BLASPHEMY!!! :D

"No gender specific recruiting."

NO, just recruit EVRYBODY!!!

"Side quests that run between planets, which are worth my travel time"

What about side quests that happen between planets, because space travel takes a while, and you have a larger ship, which you can also use to make money by transporting people and cargo, and it is equipped with Stores, bars, smiths, living quarters, multiple decks "live entertainment;)", Etc.

"Bonuses."

WHAT:confused:

" I want to have fun, and not have to worry about too much dialogue."

I love having tons and tons of dialog, they just need to give you more breaks between them to make them less long winded:D

"I want an epic war to play out in the middle fo game play, which is so epic that I cry."

That would be even more effective if the maps were on more of a Mercenaries scale:D

" I want a 'Padawan'. To bend to my will..."

Yeah that would make it more star warsy,...Maybe about 21-22 years old, hot red-headed girl, Loyal, pretty good in a fight pretty good in the sleeping quarters...............

One other thing I want added is more alignment bars, that give you bonuses and penalties accordingly

One describes your gamestyle,

Heroic>Non existant ghost

Hunger

Fatigue

Another thing is make it more openended for modders, I'm always asking Darth33 how things can be done, and she always tells me that those particular things are buried in the

.exe or hardwired into the game code,

So make it fully upgradeable, party lists, pretty much any addition you want to the main page stats, like the above alignment bars, make some developer supported tools that are compatible with the ones currently available,

AND PRETY MUCH DO WHATEVER THE MODDERS DURN WELL PLEASE, AFTER ALL THEY HELP SELL GAMES TOO:cool:

21. I want to have fun, and not have to worry about too much dialogue.

I disagree with this one Mac. If this disturbs your game expirience then I might suggest a FPS or RTS game, as dialogue is what makes an RPG, and having to pay attention to what is told to you is the whole point. ;)

6. How about two PCs: One PC will be your 'Revan' character, and the other will be your 'Exile'. However, you get to pick the head pieces for each, and not the game.

I would vote for the Exile to be a party NPC.

8. No gender specific recruiting.

What's wrong with that?

15. Side quests that run between planets, which are worth my travel time.

Good idea.

19. When things blow up, I want garbage to fly. Debri and everything.

Agreed.

Archived