Home

KOTOR III contd.

Originally posted by JediWatchman

Oh yeah - I thought of another thing. Be able to keep playing the game after you've beat it.

Well the only reason why BioWare and Obsidian didn't make the game open-ended was because it wouldn't fit in with the story.

I.E - You beat the game as the dark-side Exile. There wouldn't be much things for you to do since you already beat the game.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^

True..

However -

If you were dark sided, then Telos wouldn't exist. Therefore you wouldn't have a place to deliver your fuel. Whenever a developer makes a game open-ended, they make sure that everyone can use it.

Nevertheless,

Open-ended would be a nice option if the story works out in KOTOR 3.

Official mod support and equipment. The tools which members have made are really, really, cool, dont get me wrong, but it would be nice to be able to make entirely new modules, for example ;)

I think RJM already mentioned this in the previous thread, but it would be nice.

Also, I'd like them to TAKE THEIR TIME making it. TSL was farr too rushed.....

Originally posted by warchild75

I think the ability to design your characters face from your hair colour to your nose size.A bit more violence such as limbs coming off and much more force powers.:D

That would be awesome. But then again, with all of the controversy with Grand Theft Auto, I think that they might not go with that idea.

:(

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

That would be awesome. But then again, with all of the controversy with Grand Theft Auto, I think that they might not go with that idea.

:(

Fair point plus a lot of the younger kotor fans would be pissed if it got an 18 rating.:saberr: PS where is your avatar have you not found a good one yet?:D

KOTOR III should still be a RPG, not a FPS ^_-

Originally posted by JediWatchman

-When you select a dialogue response for your character, have him/her actually speak it with the voice you chose during customization.

Hm that would mean even more tons of voice materials, considering we want all the planets of KOTOR and TSL :D

I'm not sure if I like that idea, cause then you have voices for male and female characters saying the whole game dialog, that would be pretty much. Or at least they should restore your character's responses ingame that Obsidian removed, like the responses when your char is selected, grunts when you're wounded or a hint when you scored a critical strike...

But the ability to further customize your character's appearance is a great idea indeed.

-Longer gameplay.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Darth InSidious

Official mod support and equipment. The tools which members have made are really, really, cool, dont get me wrong, but it would be nice to be able to make entirely new modules, for example ;)

This will never happen unfortunately...

I find myself agreeing with redjohn's implication that the KOTOR system is in need of something new after all, its star wars, the universe of star wars has always been a marvel to regard, remember how you felt when you saw your first star destroyer decades ago?how you felt "in it" when the deathstar mark II was demolished? even in the prequels this quality was never obstructed but in fact quit the contrary.

besides that maybe some multiplayer although it would take much to balance it the multi player would surely rock you cynics to the core of what you believe is kotor and allow us to bask in the glory that is star wars knights of the old republic!

• 7 months later...

Here is what i would want in Kotor III:

1: More Planets!! (50+)

2: Larger Areas to Explore on each planet (So Big, you can accually get lost)

3: Balanced Classes (So, you can be skillful as all classes)

4: More Quests (Increases Game Time)

5: Multiple Solutions to Quests (LS+DS+Neutral)

6: Peaceful Solutions to Quests (For those that don't really like fighting if they can avoid it)

7: Translated Speechless Droid Dialog (Imagine T3-M3 dialog...but in a readable language)

8: Option to Start as a Jedi or Non-Jedi (For those that want the choice)

9: Multiple Class Based Starting Locations

9a - Jedi Start at Jedi Academy on Dantooine

9b - Sith Start at Sith Academy on Korriban

9c - Soldier start at the Royal Military Academy on Naboo

9d - Mercenary start at the Mercenary Camp on Nul Hatta

9e - Bounty Hunter start at the Hutt Palace on Tatooine

10: Player Character Can be Human or Alien

11: Class Specific Quests

12: Gender Specific Quests

13: Improved Character Customization (age, sexual Orientation and much more)

14: Full Romance Possibilities with Random Party Members (Each Game will provide a different Romance Posibility)

15: Improved Reputation with Party (Will follow you to your allignment, even if they were the opposite allignment)

16: Reputation with Planets (Your Actions on each planet will bring a good and bad situation to you )

17: Choose to remain a Non-Force User

18: Get Seduced by the darkside & Redeem yourself to the lightside

19: seduce NPC jedi to the darkside or redeem fallen sith back to the lightside

20: Different Ship (based on your starting Class)

What do you guys think? Be Honest, but kind about it

1: More Planets!! (50+)

I agree 100%.

2: Larger Areas to Explore on each planet (So Big, you can accually get lost)

I again agree 100%.

I think I agree...I'm not quite sure what you mean.

4: More Quests (Increases Game Time)

I agree 100%.

5: Multiple Solutions to Quests (LS+DS+Neutral)

100% agree.

6: Peaceful Solutions to Quests (For those that don't really like fighting if they can avoid it)

I definitely agree 100%. I am a Jedi, and the Jedi are supposed to be keepers of the peace.

7: Translated Speechless Droid Dialog (Imagine T3-M3 dialog...but in a readable language)

Now, this one I'm not sure about. Utility droids don't have an inteligent language. They don't have a vocabulator installed in them. If you buy a utility droid, you usually need it for repairing, slicing, etc. Vocabulators are for protocol droids. The beeping of utility droids is not like an inteligent language. It's like a baby crying. They cry whether they're hungry or sleepy or whatever. They don't actually have a language where they're like, "If I cry at this pitch for this length of time, it means I'm hungry." Utility droids are the same.

8: Option to Start as a Jedi or Non-Jedi (For those that want the choice)

I guess I agree. I definitely would be a Jedi, but I guess some people may not.

9: Multiple Class Based Starting Locations

Hmm...that's very interesting. I like it.

10: Player Character Can be Human or Alien

I agree.

11: Class Specific Quests

That's interesting too. I like it.

I'm not sure what those could be...besides maybe romance stuff. You're really just saying more specific on everything. I agree. The more versatility, the better. Then, it's more fun to play more than once because you can choose different paths. I like it.

I definitely agree 100%...except maybe the sexual orientation...I would say more, but I would get in trouble and probably offend someone.

14: Full Romance Possibilities with Random Party Members (Each Game will provide a different Romance Posibility)

I guess that would be a good idea. I, of course, would never do that because romantic attachment leads to the dark side. That's a big reason Anakin Skywalker fell.

15: Improved Reputation with Party (Will follow you to your allignment, even if they were the opposite allignment)

I think that's a good idea, except they shouldn't HAVE to follow you; only if you have lots of influence on them.

16: Reputation with Planets (Your Actions on each planet will bring a good and bad situation to you )

Great idea! That's what I love about the KotOR games -- how your actions affect your destiny.

17: Choose to remain a Non-Force User

I guess that would be good for people who don't like the Force. I don't know what I'd do without the Force, though.

18: Get Seduced by the darkside & Redeem yourself to the lightside

Awesome idea.

19: seduce NPC jedi to the darkside or redeem fallen sith back to the lightside

I love it. It makes it more realistic when you can influence people a lot.

20: Different Ship (based on your starting Class)

I must admit I love the Ebon Hawk, but sometimes I do think it would be cool to have a huge ship like a Republic flagship. The Hawk should be an option, but there should also be other options.

What i meant by this is for example:

Soldier has 3 Class Skill, but always only gets 1 skill point per level, which is never enough.

So, i think each Class should be able to max out their class skills with no problem with 12-14 INT

--------------------------------------------------

What i meant about this one is not give those droids the ability to speak, but instead of just seeing a bunch of letters and numbers, you should see what they are saying, so you have knowledge on what they are saying exactly. (ie. When Aliens speak their language, you hear their language, but you see it in whatever language you can read)

--------------------------------------------------------

Well, there could be like Cantina Quests, where if you are female and the cantina owner needs a dancer for a fee, you could do the dancing in a very revealing dancers dress. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you are right, forget the sexual Orientation part. :/

------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Yeh thats what i meant, they would have to be at 100% reputation with you to accept what you do and love it, even if its the opposite allignment as them.

------------------------------------------------------------

So, you really think that those ideas are good???

Well, we can still have all the features i suggested in Kotor III no matter the Era.

EDIT: I just thought up another good feature.

Your Dialog Selection could be colour coded for easy selection.

For Example:

Red Dialog = Darkside Route

Blue Dialog = Lightside Route

Grey Dialog = Neutral Route (you don't gain any points)

Each conversation you have with NPCs, Droids and others will have 3 options, LS, DS & Neutral.

How does that sound guys?

@Astro: If it weren't set in the Old Republic, how could it be KotOR?

:)

@DarkLord1981: While many of your ideas are cool, ('though I don't like your choice of starting locations, and the Red/Blue/Grey thing would take some of the suprise out of playing the game, IMHO) it would take an age to create over 50 huge planets (say, larger than Taris...What? I got lost on Taris plenty!), IMO. And definitely keep the Ebon Hawk. It's the Falcon of the KotOR era!

Well, the coloured text would not take away any surprises from the game, alot of people like to do a pure DS game or a Pure LS or a total Neutrality game and if they have colour coded dialog to point them in the right direction.

I find it annoying when i try to do a LS Character and while talking, not realising that i just got a DS Point.

So thats what its for, to prevent Pure Allignment screw ups.

EDIT: Also, Technically, if it was based slightly before the Clone Wars, it would still be KotOR. :p

So, i think each Class should be able to max out their class skills with no problem with 12-14 INT
But then all the characters will be exactly the same. Part of roleplaying is making decisions about how to build the character to suit your style. Maxing everything out is just overkill and removes strategy from the game.

But then all the characters will be exactly the same. Part of roleplaying is making decisions about how to build the character to suit your style. Maxing everything out is just overkill and removes strategy from the game.

erm, i clearly said CLASS skills.....not ALL skills.

Just the Class skills.

Soldier:

Demolitions

Awareness

Treat Injury

A Soldier gets these as class skills and a soldier should be able to max out those 3 skills with 12-14 INT, if the players want to max any others, they will need to make some sacrifices to their Attributes.

Hello everyone...it's been awhile.

Anyways, all I want from KOTORIII is a better storyline than what we had in KOTORII. I still don't think I quite understand the background on all of the characters in that game, or maybe I do and their background is just lame.

Adios!

Archived