Home

Deep Space Strike IMPOSSIBLE or what?

sibben

I've been trying *several* time to accomplish the Deep Space Strike Evaluation (medium difficulty) but those damn shuttle blow me out of the sky almost every time.

Sometimes I get one but I'm too low on shields by then so the other one fries me. My wingman seems to just fly around.

Read somewhere you should avoid going in to clinch with these guys but they are heading right for me. Managed all the missions up to this point with not too much hassle, but this one seems to have my number...

Am I missing something vital?

sibben

So what are we to do? I guess one could decline the mission and go on but that just don't feel right. The annoying part is you have to do the boring first two simple target areas first, making every try cumbersome.

I have gotten one of those darn shuttles once, so they can be beaten, just only once in every one hundred attempts. frown.gif

Too bad a sucess ratio.

Well this is a comon problem... it is not easy going after turreted craft.

Make sure your wingman Hypers out fisrt, he is invunerable, and can fraw the fire from one of the shuttles.

Make sure you have a full load of Torps, and sheilds at 200% before you go to this place. What i did that worked somewhat well, is angle my shields back, and link ions and lasers. I go in with lasers blazing and as soon as the Shuttle turns away (heh imps dont like playing chicken) Deadfire 2 torps at close range. If at any point your shields fail, angle the forward and you will have a fresh 200% to help you out.

You might be banged and brused up, but at least you now can easily pick aawy at the convoy.

Go after the Chined cargo ships first, and take out the engines.. they wont go anywhere after they lost thier engines. Next go after the other transports.. they are weakly armed and should be easy pickings... once you finished as much as you can.. go back.. re-load, and finish off the remains

It is quite annoying really, I recently found out that this is the only mission I can now never play again due to a tiny hole on the cd which seems to be right where the mission is on the disk!! frown.gif

Thank god for the Pilot Editor smile.gif

Archived