Home

A few bugs

TK-425

I know some of these arent bugs, and I think there was already a thread dedicated to OJP bugs. But due to the LF debocle, I felt compelled to post a new thread.

# 1. Is the Force Pull Holocron has Force Push skin in Holocron FFA. RA: Fixed

# 2. It would be nice if you made it where if you select a force power in H FFA, it would switch with the Holocron you pick up. It would be a new feature but it would be very helpful.

# 3. Drain & Lightning animations use grip animation for a short time, this was default for base JA. But it would be nice if it was fixed.

# 4. Kurgan was right about CTY, the loading screen for CTY is labeled as Capture the flag. RA: Client-side missing, issue added to readme.

# 2. It would be nice if you made it where if you select a force power in H FFA, it would switch with the Holocron you pick up. It would be a new feature but it would be very helpful.

Whenever you play in Holocron FFA, if you have three force powers, and you try to pick up another, you drop a random one. It would be nice to have some control over wich ones you switch with, by selecting the force power you want to switch.

# 3. Drain & Lightning animations use grip animation for a short time, this was default for base JA. But it would be nice if it was fixed.

Whenever you use the drain force power, the game uses the force grip animation, I think it would be better if it used the lightning animation.

Originally posted by TK-425

Whenever you play in Holocron FFA, if you have three force powers, and you try to pick up another, you drop a random one. It would be nice to have some control over wich ones you switch with, by selecting the force power you want to switch.

Are you sure? I thought you dropped (or were supposed to drop) the first one in the list you picked up.

Ie: It's like an assembly line.

If you pickup Jump, then Seeing, then Throw. You've got those, and then if you pickup Rage, you'll drop the first one you picked up (Jump). That's how it's supposed to work. I'll watch more carefully next time, but that's how it was in JK2. Now manually selecting which one you want to drop is another matter entirely. I just keep running back over the dropped ones until I have the combination I want (they stick around for like 20-30 seconds before disappearing).

Whenever you use the drain force power, the game uses the force grip animation, I think it would be better if it used the lightning animation.

You mean the floating red hand? Or you just mean the hand outstretched? Drain might make sense with the "grip" animation, because you could say you're using the Force to "Draw" the energy away from your opponent, not "casting it out" like lightning. Drain is a "sucking" power. Just my opinion. ;) I guess if this was changed you could make it toggleable for preference (hey, Raven made the new Force Push/Pull bubbles toggleable, why not OJP do the same with this? Since you'd see it on your end only anyway).

Found a bug while messing around with Rosh (TAB-Bot, Jedi Master setting) in Duel mode: If you kick them down and run away you can saberthrow them to death without them moving as much as an inch (they wait to get up, rather the using a roll or the jump-up anim).

# 1. Is the Force Pull Holocron has Force Push skin in Holocron FFA.

I just confirmed this bug. I'm working on the issue. Hopefully I'll figure out a fix soon.

Found a bug while messing around with Rosh (TAB-Bot, Jedi Master setting) in Duel mode: If you kick them down and run away you can saberthrow them to death without them moving as much as an inch (they wait to get up, rather the using a roll or the jump-up anim).

Yeah, I've noticed that one myself. I'll look into it.

So I've just been informed, I'll fix that in the next release.

However, we don't currently have a spanish translation so we could really use one. PM me an email address and I can send you the lastest .str files. OR get CVS access to our code repository and you could get them yourself.

# 4. Kurgan was right about CTY, the loading screen for CTY is labeled as Capture the flag.

Ok, I checked this issue out. It's working fine on my copy, so I assume it's only an issue when you're playing without the OJP client side for Basic.

Archived