Home

Shield settings.

Lt. Horn

in a normal combat situation, i fly with lasers at +1 (increased re-charge rate), and shilds at 0 (Maintanace). If my shilds every go yellow, or orange, i transpher energy from my lasers to my shield (usually about 2 transphers) Set lasers to +2 (Maximum recharge) and start bleeding energy from the lasers to the shields, by transphering energy.

If my sheilds get knocked out, in a high risk enviroment, i transher all my laser energy to the shilsd, set laser re-charge rate to -2 (all to engines) and shields to +2 (Maximum) then go evasive.. even angling my shields double back. once my shilds go back up to 50-75% i go back to normal combat mode.

No thats wrong.... in Mplayer, where

every one (or almost every1) knows about the 1/3 turn thing... this is what u do:

when ur sheilds go down put ur sheild power to engines. In an X wing, u can out turn a A-Wing. leave ur lasers at +1 and u will be a deadly forceif ur lasers are at max, keep them at level energy, giving ur engines +2

on manueverable ships, like the A-Wing, this is deadly

Thts my humble opinion for multiplayer only.

For AI just kill em smile.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

Depending on how low the shields are I do a couple of things

For starters my laser setting are +1, shields 0

If the first layer collapses and I'm left with 100% (remember it is out of 200), I switch the laser and shield settings. Now say I have an enemy on my tail when this happens. I stop, and spin the fighter. this dodges the incoming lasers and the fighter on my tail has to ver away or crash into me.

Now a more critical say 50% or under left I boost my shields to +2, and lasers to -2. before the lasers run out I pump them fully into the shields. Now if I have missiles I switch over to them and get as close to the enemy fighters as I can, then I dumb fire them usually when I'm around .4 meters away. or if they have just launched for a SD. (one missle can take out 4 fighters right off).

Now if my shields are completly gone I drop everything into my engines, dumping all laser power into the shields to give me a little protection as I speed my self away. Usually I find a nice little spot to place my self in. Say there in an SD I'll fly into the hanger. There I set lasers and shields to +2, puming the lasers into the shields until they are back to 100%. I then sneak out of the Hanger and continue to dog fight.

Archived