Home

You're Australian, Aren't You?

chrisakachris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey Guys!!

Guess who decided to show up??

I can't believe my username is still active on here. What's it been? 2 years since I last poked my head in here?

Ummm, just found the LucasFans forum again!! Went looking for it the other day, and for some reason could not find it. Didn't occur to me to Google it, which I have just done.

Yeah, Jack Johnson is from Hawaii, and his music is fantastic. Well, at least I think it's fantastic.

Haven't seen Shutt in a loooong time, he pobably doesn't even remember this place.

So anybody heard from Ian? What's he up to these days? Does he still post here at all?

Yes, I'm Australian. Jack Johnson rules, but he's from Hawai'i.

The soundtrack for the movie Curious George did a brilliant marketing ploy, and released it so that it looks like it's a Jack Johnson album, and not the soundtrack from a cartoon movie about a monkey. It worked really well, and it's the best selling soundtrack in a long time.

So I flick through the programs this morning and on MTV Jack is playing with the song "Wasting Time". Naturally I remember this thread and that I liked Upside Down. But when I search on Amazon, there are a ton of albums: Brushfire Fairytales, On And On, In Between Dreams, Curious George. Which is the best?

In Between Dreams. There's no questioning that.

Australia has a similair artist who's quite popular at the moment named Bernard Fanning. You should listen to some of his music, if you can get it, it's quite good. Really good acoustic guitar music.

Archived