Home

NCAA football

RevanA4

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Vols!

Up against UAB... not a huge "opener" IMO but considering we've got Florida (after a week's 'rest') I'm always on edge when it comes to the Gators... not to mention it's an away game..gah! :fist:

We've got 3 defensive starters from last year returning, but Fulmer is still flip-flopping between Ainge & Clausen for 1st QB... (Ainge starts this 1st game, but where it goes from there is anyone's guess).... But I'm honestly more interested in Gerald Riggs. Hopefully it's his time to shine without having to share the glory ;)

Of course my parents are coming down from Michigan to visit for the holiday, but at least they like football :emodanc:

I've got the BBQ fixin's and the booze... and plan on being rooted to the couch come Noon:30 :D

Okay, I have to eat my words... UT vs UAB was a much closer game than I (and everyone else) though tit would be. A little too close for my likeing.. hehehe

Hackney was firing bullets all freakin' day, and our own QB Ainge was "limpwristing" his way through :rolleyes: Thank goodness we had Clausen or it might have been a very dismal day in TN today.. hehehe..

Anywho, I gotta give props to UAB, they really played the game and UT had to get off their asses and start being a team towards halftime (vacations over boys, start playing like you mean it)...

Gerald Riggs is the man, rushed for 110 yards in the 1st game of the season, good track record, so I'm hoping it maintains the momentum :emodanc:

I think you WHOMPED somebody 65 nuthin:D

they make these useful things now that are called "newspapers" pick them up over the weekend so you can keep up to date without having to go online.

We would've won too except for a couple stupid mistakes in the fourth.

@Darthmo, sorry we didn't avenge you, almost did though.

But we lost to #2, who did you lose to;)

HOW BOUT THEM BOBCATS!!!

Well, I don't know how well Michigan will do this year. Their offense last Saturday was anemic at best and their defense was considered weak to begin with. And they played that way in the Big House???!!! After seeing how they've played for the past two weeks I'm surprised Michigan is ranked as high as they are in the polls. I guess rep counts for something. I'm hoping they will use this week's game against Eastern Michigan to get the kinks worked out and get firing on all cylinders because the following week's game at Wisconsin won't be a walk in the park for them like N. Illinois or E. Michigan.

Well, I don't know how well Michigan will do this year. Their offense last Saturday was anemic at best and their defense was considered weak to begin with. And they played that way in the Big House???!!! After seeing how they've played for the past two weeks I'm surprised Michigan is ranked as high as they are in the polls. I guess rep counts for something. I'm hoping they will use this week's game against Eastern Michigan to get the kinks worked out and get firing on all cylinders because the following week's game at Wisconsin won't be a walk in the park for them like N. Illinois or E. Michigan.

dunt dunt dannn hehehe you know it lady you so know it

so did my badgers 65-0 against I can't remember make ya realize that

It seems the past 3 years they never live up to expectation, yet still win the Big Ten...

Did anyone see UK vs. UofL? UK looked like their oldselves as the end of the 1st half came through, although they lost by a touchdown (maybe having something to do with the reffing), they didn't lay down and take a beating like they did in the first. Andre Woodson came out and played a great game whoever is criticizing his 'fumble' need to realize he was one of the big reasons why UK was able to come back in the 2nd half, but the referee's call of him stepping out of bounds was needed to be checked, by the booth, but it never was which p*ssed the UK fans attending the game off, I would know cause I was one of them.

^^^

HA! I've just got to burst your bubble there Mikey. :D

The polls don't determine the Big Ten champion. It's conference record that determines the champ. So if Michigan has the better record after choking against Ohio State then that still means they're the Big Ten champs. You have to face the fact that Ohio State didn't have a very good start last season, otherwise they probably would have been the 2004 Big Ten champion...

@ RTG - Excuse me, who are you callin' a lady?

^^^

HA! I've just got to burst your bubble there Mikey. :D

The polls don't determine the Big Ten champion. It's conference record that determines the champ. So if Michigan has the better record after choking against Ohio State then that still means they're the Big Ten champs. You have to face the fact that Ohio State didn't have a very good start last season, otherwise they probably would have been the 2004 Big Ten champion...

@ RTG - Excuse me, who are you callin' a lady?

gah I meant laddy

Archived