Home

NCAA football

RevanA4

THE GAME

Is quite simply greater than or equal to a national championship, the winner should get an automatic championship spot, It's the most powerful game of it's kind, in fact, Why not just make it the national championship, and invite high ranking teams to play on the field during halftime (like those little kids that always run out on the field during highschool games:D)

If you lose early and win the championship, your the champion, same way with late november.

But I digress, Ladies first:D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well crap.. the Vols got whooped by the Gators (16-7) :fist:

Why in the Hell do we even have Ainge?! jeez... my sister can throw more accurately than he can :rolleyes:

well...not really, I'm just bitter.. hehehe.. ;)

* goes to mope in the corner *

At least Michigan (Wolverines) served up a good ass-whompin' ...

The Florida Tenessee game was great!!! no matter who loses everyone else wins (unfortunately OSU texas was the same) when two high rankin teams like florida and tenessee go at it, they're in the way of my team, so I just root for em to smack each other up:D

I'm naughty like that,

to bad BC couldn't beat the noles though, that would've helped:(

• 1 month later...

OK. Had to revive this thread because The Game fast approaches and its time for me to talk some trash...

Too bad for the Buckeyes that they have to travel to the Big House this year. It means they'll end their regular season with a loss. Michigan has the offense going now and they're going to play the role of spoiler by preventing Ohio State from taking the Big 10 title. Oh so sorry... NOT!!!

GO BLUE!!!

I was just about to do this meself:D

I'm actually wearing my BattleColors as I type this.

It should definitely be a great one though, we're both solid this year, and you know that school up north's good in the house...

one minor point...

last saturday...

48-7 Bucks over NW...

41-14 MI over indiana...

That's a 14 point differential;)

But there will definitely be plenty of scarlet and blue blood in the nosebleeding section by the time it's over:D

Great team vs. Great team, it don't get no better:D

and they're going to play the role of spoiler by preventing Ohio State from taking the Big 10 title. Oh so sorry... NOT!!!
hmm, could've sworn Penn State had sole possession of first place in the Big Ten... :dozey:

anyways, give it up for my Gamecocks. we come into the season expecting a 5-6 record and no bowl, but we end up beating both Tennessee and Florida and will finish either 7-3 or 8-2, and we'll either make the Outback Bowl or the Peach Bowl. definately a good start for Coach Spurrier. :D

hmm, could've sworn Penn State had sole possession of first place in the Big Ten...

Umm... yeah, you're right stinger. My bad. :( Both teams have a 6-1 conference record. So maybe I should have said "prevent Ohio State from winning a share of the Big Ten title?" I'm trying to figure out exactly how the Big Ten title is awarded. If both Penn State and Ohio State win their final games then they'll be tied with 7-1 conference records. I think they would be crowned Big Ten co-champs but Penn State would get the BCS bid by virtue of their win over Ohio State?

If one loses but the other wins then the winning team will be outright Big Ten Champ.

However if both Penn State and Ohio State lose this weekend then Michigan would get the BCS bid because all three teams will have the same conference record but Michigan will have beaten both teams?!! Whoa, yeah, that would be suh-weet... :D

RedJ - All "Game" egos aside, I'm very worried about my team. They haven't played real well at the Big House this year for whatever reason. Their offense has stepped up in the past few weeks but it's their defense that I think will be their undoing. Ohio State has a better defense without question. So if I take a rational, unbiased look at the situation I'd say Ohio State is likely to come out the winner today because their defense will be able to make more stops than Michigan's. :(

Assuming no turnovers in the game, I'd say Ohio State will score 4-5 TD's and Michigan will manage 2-3.

But like you said, this is Big 10 football and anything can happen, especially in a rivalry game of this magnitude. I'm hoping for an out of this world performance from the boys in blue that will get them the W. And so to help my team out as much as possible I've danced the hex dance, performed animal sacrifice last night (the neighbor's cat made too much noise anyway), and prepared voodoo dolls of the Ohio State QB, wide receivers, running back, and defensive secondary. I think I've done all I can on my end, don't you?

j/k about the animal sacrifice part, even though I would sometimes really like to kill the neighbor's cat

*** wearing bag over head ***

A tough loss for Michigan today, no doubt. To be up 21-19 with only 3+ minutes left in the game and then not be able to stop Ohio State's offense from scoring. So close, yet no cigar, no victory dance... Words can't express the disappointment, the emptiness... I think my ritual hex dance may have helped because Ohio State sure did make some uncharacteristic mistakes but alas it wasn't enough. All I can do is hope for a better result next year. But, sheesh, two years in a row now...

*** crawls into dark hole ***

EDIT: @stingerhs - anytime you want to chime in with the "told you so" is fine. No upsets in the Big 10 today...

4-1 Jimmy walked out on the field today and was like

"CARRRRRR, I AM YOUR FATHERRRRR"

If MI loses in Ohio next year, somebody's getting fired:D

Hai, I won't gloat much since you did give honest analysis instead of flaming:D

but that was really mean of you to use voodoo dolls on Carpenter, really hitting below the belt;)

All things considered it was a crappy game for both sides, really didn't tense up till the last couple minutes.

@Revan, ever heard of ESPN, or maybe you could *gaaasp* get a paper tomorrow:D

But I didn't really pay attention to any scores outside of the top ten.

I've missed the last quarter or so, but GT was looking fairly strong against Miami, it would be nice to move them down from #3.

VaTech beat virginia, so they're still in the way.

Penn State beat Michigan State, so they're still hogging a top spot, and allowing us only a share of the Big Ten Title

*** from a dark hole ***

@stingerhs - I know. I deserve it but I just had to buck the odds and hold out for my team. You know how it is... Oh and sorry your Gamecocks didn't make it happen today. If you're feeling anything like I am right now then I feel for ya...

@RedJ - Thanks for not going too hard on me. It sucks (IMO of course) but Ohio State was able to overcome a lot to win the game today. Troy Smith really made that game-winning drive happen. He really kept his "composure down the stretch." (sports commentator phrase) . I don't know why my Troy Smith voodoo doll wasn't working. :( And you're probably dead on with your assessment of Carr's situation. Ugh, I think I'm gonna puke now :barf:

@RtG - Um, yeah... Wisconsin didn't play today. They play the Friday after Thanksgiving at Hawaii. I wonder who at Wisconsin decided to play the last regular season game as a non-conf? Strange. But I guess if you had the choice to play in the frozen tundra of WI or the delightful climes of Hawaii which one would you pick? A no-brainer really...

Archived