Home

KOTOR framerate drop on

robertlee89

Hey,

I am having major problems with my computer and KOTOR on Dantooine.

First, I'll give you my computer specs.

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz

RAM: 1024mb

Video: Radeon 9800 XT (Omega 2.6.42 driver) 256mb

Audio: Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Anyway, this setup should be fine for this game. I was running the game with the following settings.

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 70Hz

Shadows: On

Grass: On

Texture Quality: Medium

Anti-Aliasing: 2 Sample AA

Anisotropic Texture Filtering: 2x

Frame Buffer Effects: On

Soft Shadows: On

V-Sync: On

These settings worked fined on Taris. After arriving on Dantooine and going outside, things were still fine. Once I ventured out into the fields, things really started to get choppy. I could see the individual frames, my guys would get stuck, and sometimes when I ran it would get really worse and I would be teleported across the map. I lowered the settings to the minimum but it still had the same choppiness. Do you guys know what the problem is? My computer should be able to handle this game, even in large fields. I even downloaded the new ATI driver, and then the Omega driver to see if that would make a difference. I also have downloaded and installed the patch twice. Please help.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

try resetting everything do the reccomended settings or go for the lower settings not any of the high quality stuff, then when y ou finish dantooine reset everything to how you originally had it, the same thing happened to me and I did these things and it worked fine, also try clearing up some space on your hard drive I also did that as well. :)

Archived