Home

SWBF2, ask Pandemic what you want to know about it

Pad

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not enough time? I'm not dreading the release of Battlefront II,

I don't know what you seem to be worried about my internet works fine for everything all the time.

i'll probably get it in 10 or 11 days as i've preordered it and live in the UK so i'm totally fine with the amount of time.

I would like to ask: Is the beta going to be shut down after SWBF2 comes out? I don't have the money to buy it right when it comes out, but I would still like to play it online.

Yea, I known you can always make a LAN server and play on that, but LA could shut down all public online servers and auto-update a feature that breaks the Beta.

The major things I really want to know if the attack on both death stars will be included; like will the trench run will be included like at "The Battle of Yavin" and attack inside the second death star at the "Battle of Endor".

Also

1. Do the star ships move or they just sit their like they are at dry docks.
  2. Do the space terrain like, planets, astroroids, & etc look realisted (meaning having realisted physical motion) or just pasted lazy background.
  3. Also are there real time enviromental effects on plantes and moons.

Friends you will all see my dissatisfied rage :ball::firemad::duel: if the major requirements like death star 1 & 2 two aren't met, posted in the release week of the "anticipated great game".

I also anticipate others (true star wars fans) will post their dissatisfied thoughs.

You're use of colour annoys me.

What message? You're just being an idiot, telling everyone what you want in the game, with your stupid colourful posts and caps lock. Your first post didn't make much sense, it would help to actually read your message before posting it.

Seems you've been spending an awful lot of time simply bashing other people for posting lately. Perhaps you should just lighten up and take a rest? Just because you feel these issues are irrelevant or silly, doesn't mean others do. Disagree without feeling the need to bash, I say.

Honestly, what are you accomplishing in this other than trying to upset people? Is the game's inevitable release in 11 days that depressing?

Sheesh...

A list of questions!

Will there be model/ level export tools for 3ds max?

Lots of soft image mentioned, whats the model file format, and can it be exported in games file format without soft image.

How much mod support will there be.

Looking at the last games info, there was much reference to a kind of here are the tools and adios mentality. Will lucas arts or pandemic provide tutorials or guides for modding. http://www.doomlab.com is doing a great job for battlefield 2, and Dice/ea have been releasing video tutorials.

How comprehensive will the modding tools be.

In other words, is creating a total conversion mod for this thing total fantasy.

Will the game support a variety of character skeletons.

Will different races have different base character skeletons. Will differrent units have different infantry skeletons ( i doubt this for bandwidth reasons but hey i gota ask.)

Will modders be able to change camera positions.

I ask this cos i understand the fundamental reason there might not be cockpit views. For each cockpit view to be done in detail you need to have a seperate model for the cockpit. Thats a lot of vehicles for a start, the interiors of which have never been concepted. It also adds a mass of modelling work for the dev team, not to mention any increase in in bandwidth for online play required. If the texture maps can do transparancy (and it will be a bad job if they cant... ) then 1 model can be used for both interior and exterior in say fighters. The exterior models windows can be opaque, but cos the polygon is one sided, the pilot can see out from the inside. As long as the pilot cant look around, the cockpit controls etc can be replaced with an image of a highly detailed cockpit model. its better than no cockpit view at all in my opinion. Push to shove and you cant select different camera views at all, then you just choose for each vehicle what you want, cockpit view or external.

Oh and to all the people weeping in agony over the most trivial stuff imaginable.. e.g. oh no!! a laser bolt instead of a beam!!!

Guys, your lucky your being handed the game in the condition its in. When battlefield2 came out, everyone knew there would be stuff that would be there for gameplay reasons that needed changing. Hand grenades able to damage tanks, sniper rifles not a one hit kill etc. It was called vanilla bf2, and in short order it was modded out. If all you have to worry about is the odd sound effect or laser bolt.... just be more respectful and thankful for what your getting.

Archived