Home

Good servers with no GOOD players!!!!No noob server!!!!!

Oramei

Ummm, lamers? Well, let me explain to you something-- A Lamer is someone who kills anyone for any reason, breaking the rules of servers right? Well, technically, thats how the game is meant to be played. A good server would be Kurgan's Meatgrinder.

And whats wrong with n00bs? People new to the game? They have to learn somewhere.

Originally posted by Oramei

I would like to know all the servers with GOOD players. No noobs, no lamers, etc. Please help a jedi:ewok:

Well let's see my server, Meatgrinder, is full of "lamers" (since we don't obey honor codes and just play, that probably qualifies us all as lamers, right?), and we have noobs and good players alike.

But if you're still interested, I think you might have some fun there, see the IP link in my sig below!

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Ummm, lamers? Well, let me explain to you something-- A Lamer is someone who kills anyone for any reason, breaking the rules of servers right? Well, technically, thats how the game is meant to be played. A good server would be Kurgan's Meatgrinder.

And whats wrong with n00bs? People new to the game? They have to learn somewhere.

I can't get better if i'm slashing noobs all the tiime!!! I want some challenge!!!:lsduel:

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, quit being jerks and claim that only your opinion is right.

He said he wants a good server with no lamers. Laming is people who attack those who are chatting or unarmed...meaning...he wants an FFA duel server.

Whether you think you're god or not, he wasn't asking for YOUR opinions on how the game SHOULD be played. He wants a ffa duel server...it's simple as that.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

He said he wants a good server with no lamers. Laming is people who attack those who are chatting or unarmed...meaning...he wants an FFA duel server.

Whether you think you're god or not, he wasn't asking for YOUR opinions on how the game SHOULD be played. He wants a ffa duel server...it's simple as that.

Not necessarily. If he defines what he means by "laming" that's fine, but it's not the same definition everyone uses. ;) Notice he never specified what he meant by "noobs" or "lamers." A good duel server would suit his skills better than an "honorz" FFA pseudo-duel honestly (except for RP's server, surely, no slam I mean that you're a good teacher by reputation). ;) These "Honorz" fake FFA servers spend so much time chatting and bowing I'm not sure they'll have much time to duel for real... if he's looking for an honest challenge and gametime, not just people messing around. Just saying...

Honestly there's no real way to find what he's looking for (if the above interpretation is correct) except by trial and error (join and ask the admin what the "rules" are), OR a specific recommendation. Finding a JA+ server with all weapons but saber disabled, no force, and set to FFA mode would be a pretty good bet though. Using ASE or Qtracker would help him sort out those options.

Originally posted by Prime

Is that with no bots counted?

Very few people use bots online in JA (chalk it up to the horrible bot pathing used in basejka and the general lack of awareness about suitable replacements). I'd say usually I count 20 or less bots in all the listed servers (total. bot_minplayers seems to be set to 1 or 2 on many servers). But that's a legit question. I don't know how Gamespy does it with Q3 engine games, to be honest.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Sorry..sorry...I was referring to the way the game was actually designed, developed and marketed.

Just tell him to join any number of JA+ FFA servers and he will be free from lamers.....not noobs unfortunately, those are actually THE players found on those servers but hey, 1 out of 2 aint bad.

He also will be free of competition, fair play, required game skills and any involved tactics.

Archived