Home

Original Trilogy Expanded - Discussion

Jo

Ok, maybe I have yet to see anything about it so I'll shoot my idea out there. With the Prequel trillogy finally finished and the book along with other EU of the timeline filling in gaps, the original trilogy would be a really good read i feel if it was expanded to fill in out the gaps. I think it would be a really good read filling in characters with what we know of them now.

SO, the point to my thread..

-Do YOU think expanding OT books to have PT content is a good idea?

-If yes/no, why?

-If yes, what would you like to be added?

-Do you think it will ever happen?

to the last one, i have to say i doubt it will, but one can hope. as long as an author didnt make it a complete blunder

Have at it guys, this can be done in a civilized manner too.

Well the OT period has had its fair share of expanding.... The "Tales" books and comics are an *excellent* place to start. You get to find out everything about everyone in the cantina scene, or in Jabbas Palace, or the Bounty Hunters summoned by Vader in ESB :)

If you want an extra kick, check out the Radio Dramas....they are just plain awesome, and for EU fans, excited about extra bits there's *heaps* of extra material, scripted by Brian Daley and approved by GL himself. To put it simply, it takes the 6 hours or so of movie material and extends it into nearly 14 hours!! of engaging audio drama, with fantastic production values.

Alot of people simply dont know or have forgotten about the radio dramas... Check em Out !

so, to answer your question Jo, the OT has been expanded plenty I say.

I personally want to know :

*What happens between 3 and 4

*The Rise of the sith Lords post Darth Bane and ending in Plagueis/Sidious

*Post NJO and beyond

*More KOTOR era stuff

*More about Yoda and his time as a padawan and young jedi knight

Most of these things are going to be covered in upcoming books and the TV shows...cant wait ! :D

mtfbwya

I see where your coming from and maybe you didn't see what i was saying. With gaps from the prequels filled, rewrite the actual OT to fit it. We could have a new perspective of Darth Vader, Palpatine, Yoda, Obi-Wan, etc. I will however check out what you have pointed out to already have expanded OT. Thanks :D

If you do the bit torrent thang you can get a lot of the radio drama scripts off

*link removed*

:max: Ah the good old days when I had TIME to be geeky... Where did they go?

I really need to take like a week off to start reading those... sigh....

:fett:

Frankecow, please read the forum rules..

we do not condone linking to anywhere that distributes copyrighted material.

I know you're new, but please be careful. There is a *zero* tolerance to that type of thing on Lucasforums across all areas.

mtfbwya

Archived