Home

Knights of the Old Republic Novelizations: A possibility?

lightexile

What do you think the possibilty of a previous Star Wars author creating a novelization of the canonical Knights of the Old Republic storys (Light Side Revan, Light Side Exile)? I think it'd be great. More character and story development. Who doesn't like a good read?

I love the idea of a KotOR book, but settings will be difficult: LSF, LSM, DSF or DSM Revan and Exile are all possible. A published official novel would have to pick one and make it "official" canon. I'm afraid lot of the charm of KotOR as it is now would be lost and a lot of people who played their game differtly than in the book would be disappointed by it.

If you like KotOR fiction I would recommend taking a look at FanFiction.net and/or the unofficial KotOR fan media site, they have tons of good fanfics:

FanFiction.net

KOTOR Fan media site

I agree with Palpatine on both points (hey I sound like I'm really in the senate)

Pretty much the same opinion about the book,

But mostly about those sites, I havent seen the fanfiction before, But I Personally vouch for the Fan Media site, although I never wandered far from the Comedies and Parodies section, there's some excellent stuff there:)

But since I personally vouched for it, if you don't like it come back here and I'll entertain you:D

Originally posted by lightexile

I believe the canonical endings are LSM and LSM, atleast that's why ask.com and wikipedia.com say LucasArts says.

That is the expressed canonical versions of Star Wars video games...

Originally posted by Prime

That is the expressed canonical versions of Star Wars video games...

That's what I like about KotOR. Sure LA can say LSM is canonical, but up until now they didn't publish anything saying "Ok Revan is a man who saved the galaxy".

The only mentions of Revan in the Star Wars databank on the official site are deliberatly vague. He/she doesn't have a seperate entry but is mentioned in the npc's entries, and they carefully avoided mentioning if Revan was male or female.

In fact the only reference about Revan being a man is made at the TSL website in the Chronicles part.

i think they should make it one of those "Choose Your Own Adventure Books"

"If you want to help the Jawa turn to page 23

if you want to kill the Jawa turn to page 57

If you want to just pop Carth in the mouth already turn to Page 5"

Page 5 is a very popular page.

Yeah, they all seem to be to focus too much on relationships and I see too many that are just the party members basking in peace, instead of seeking out Revan or something equally relevant.

The LOTR fanfics suffers from the same things, the story is wrapped up and all the writers can think of are bunch relationship stories taking place in a rather boring era of blissful happiness that makes it painfully clear why said era was not explored by the author.

• 2 weeks later...
^^^

I always thought the Exile was best as a female character, though Revan is best as a male.

Dude, thats weird. I always thought it was better the other way around. I played revan as a female, because I think a powerfull sith lord that is a woman would be hot, plus then Carth and Revan kind of have that romance thing going on. And the exile just HAS to be male, for some reason, it just feels like it. Anyway, yeah.

Archived