Home

Publish 20. a good idea?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Since the news of publish 20, jedi's across the servers are dancing for joy because it means an end to the 'gank squads' that take out the elite jedi.

The server I play on has a whole host of arrogant Jedi, who at the click of a button at the end of this month, will become even more unstoppable.

The question is...why the change? It already isnt easy to location a jedi and for your squad of just 5 to all find the same mission. Is this SOE answering the cries of the over populated Jedi in the game?

Yes, building TEF has been added so Jedi cant run into a house any more. But as this little snippet shows - life as a bounty hunter is not going to be a pleasant one

Finally got on TC to test.

I got the mission and started tracking.

When I finally got to the Jedi he was fighting Giant Worts. He was alone, but I simulated regular hunting as most will be with groups and tried to target him via tabbing.

It took me several seconds to TAB over to him. The Jedi knew I was after him before I could even target him. The smart Jedi will start running way before I would be able to target him in most situations. Now, add the fact that /duel is used almost exclusively in most situations to figure out a bounty target by the Jedi, he will know before the BHs.

We really need the Jedi name at some point in the process. The devs at the "FanFest Jedi Focus Group Session" even mentioned that the BH first strike ability makes them equal to full template Jedi in power (which is a fallacy in itself). Well, it is kinda hard to have first strike or any kind of advantage when you have to be almost on top of the Jedi to know who he is!!!

Please make the name of the Jedi available after the Arakyd probe reports the planet location. This would resolve a lot of issues and still stop the so called griefing by gank squads, targeting specific Jedi etc., etc.

Whats your thoughts and views

UPDATE

The SOE dev team have seen sense and listened to the community and BHs will get their names as before. However, you now have to be a Master Bounty Hunter to hunt Jedi

DMUK

i love you brother fish boy. but i love continuity even more.. sorry bud. I won't deny that i tried to get jedi and even used another persons jedi for a time (looks at iwok) its not spectacular or anything. I mean while its one reason i left, i also left cause 56k is no longer welcome since CU it seems :/

*wonders if Wraith will comment on this one*

A Bounty Hunter vs Jedi duel has a lot to live up to. In this game it's expected to be the best cross-profession pvp you can get. Boba Fett is the best when it comes to Jedi, so no player should be as successful. Of course, death not being permanent and all, it's hard not to be in this game.

I believe the bounty hunting process should be revamped. Right now it's get the mission, get the dna, get the droids working, find target, kill target. Incidentally, getting the genetic profile of the mark should be when you can get the name, don't you think? Anyway, the process gets a little dull after a few dozen bounties.

Someone in SOE needs to read all the Boba Fett comics, or something.

As for Jedi being in the game in the first place, I'll repeat what I've said all along: they should stop calling them Jedi. They aren't Jedi. They're Force users with lightsabers. Just wrote as much in... hold on...

On-topic plug: http://swg.stratics.com/content/news/Starsider.php#newsitem1121278128,10496,

Also, if you've seen the Clone Wars, recall Dooku and whatsername arguing over her claim to be Sith.

that's true there are no Jedi/Sith in this game because they have not been trained by anyone of either "art". But they shouldn't be in the game anywasy, FS should've been made availible but not Jedi and such, it's stupid.

But they need to bring back the TEF and install a visability level for Jedi. Everytime you show off your powers in a city/player city then your bounty should become higher, once you reach a 500k bounty, a BH should be able to get a group of anybody to come kill you. If you pass the 2mil mark then a dev should send Darth Vadar to come slice your ass apart, in which case you should lose twice as much xp.

Guest DarthMaulUK

All the Jedi do is whine. Hence these new changes. Its total stupidity of the Dev team (again) who havent sat down and watched a single Star Wars movie it would seem.

How on earth can a Bounty Hunter track a target when they dont know who the target is! But hang on, if they receive the targets bio-logical signature - that means the target is known...but ...sssshhhh just dont tell the bounty hunter.

Yet another unplanned idea, much like when Jedi were first introduced into the game. With so much else needing fixing, leave things as they are. Bounty Hunters are there to keep the Jedi under control and now their job will become 1000 times more difficult

DMUK

The afore-mentioned whatsername had a pair of lightsabers; judging by their colours she'd nabbed them off Jedi she killed or something.

The whole lightsaber deal needs revamping too. You shouldn't just suddenly know how to make all kinds from the very start. There should be quests and research and life-threatening situations and purple puppies and stuff. The Remnants of Kun are supposed to be on Dant because they're trying to learn all about it. Players should have to do the same.

Not being able to get novice lightsaber from the start would do interesting things to the Jedi grind, I suspect. We have to spend all that time questing to unlock FS stuff, shouldn't Jedi be the same?

Originally posted by Trahern Valley

The afore-mentioned whatsername had a pair of lightsabers; judging by their colours she'd nabbed them off Jedi she killed or something.

The whole lightsaber deal needs revamping too. You shouldn't just suddenly know how to make all kinds from the very start. There should be quests and research and life-threatening situations and purple puppies and stuff. The Remnants of Kun are supposed to be on Dant because they're trying to learn all about it. Players should have to do the same.

Not being able to get novice lightsaber from the start would do interesting things to the Jedi grind, I suspect. We have to spend all that time questing to unlock FS stuff, shouldn't Jedi be the same?

no Jedi is the big money maker and of course they are favoured over all else so they should be the easiest thing to do:rolleyes:

:p

being one of the newer jedi (shocking isnt it :p me a jedi) or should i say force user.... i found out that people somehow seem to hate me... especially bounty hunters... i dont mean: hey jedi kill him... no i mean hmmm corzip lets kill him. i found out that every step i took to take out a wookiee or a gurk for that matter a BH came up to me and tried to kill me. now i have friends in my guild that recently became jedi aswell.. and they passed me in the skills already wothout getting killed even once... so far i have 5 BH deaths and like 15 i got away from.

i like the idea of being hunted.. i dont like the idea of being ganked everytime i decide to go out and "try".... look at what i said: TRY and kill something. now with this new patch people wont see your name and i think thats a plus.

and i have other friends like 3 or 4 who finsihed the knight trials before they were taken down.... and they are... .. well lacking a better word: DYING!!! for some PVP with BH. but al the BH are to frikken chicken to take on one.and trust me the BH in my guild take em on a lot and win A LOT!,,,

so im happy with the change. no more griefing 1 player because you hate em.

there's only really 1 or 2 BH temps that can take a full temp Jedi on and win. I'm no bounty hunter but if healed I can defeat a Jedi fairly easily(since I have no CM/Doc), but soloing them or any other healers since pub 19 has been very hard

Guest DarthMaulUK

Check the update at the top of this story.

I am a BH and I get alot of abuse from the Jedi - when they are dead plus if they are hunting, from the people they are with.

Trying to find the same Jedis mission on the terminal isnt easy and I have been stood there for 30 minutes.

Gank squads are needed to take out a fully templated Jedi and thanks to Kashyyk theres alot of them running around. Soon, entire servers will just have Jedis - plus it makes the game look busy with all these alt accounts

DMUK

I think they shouldn't remove the name for bounty hunters to see, and glad they didn't.

Jedi needs to be removed completelly though. :)

But since they won't, let them be hunted down like they were 20 years earlier. :D

*tries to remember anything from the OT period that stated there was a second Jedi Purge* ;)

Whipe them out .... all of them! :emperor:

The main issue people seem to have with the name is that knowing who you're after from the start makes griefing possible (assuming I understand the definition of griefing properly). It's up to the players to behave, not the game to prevent it by withholding the name.

That said, it is the game's responsibility to spank the ones that do misbehave, and that doesn't seem to be happening much.

You guys are totally retarted. You all hate jedi so much yet they keep the money in your pocket. Without jedi you would all have nothing to hunt. Also without jedi it would be practically impossible to do any of the fun activities such as dwb or take out grevious without a group of 20 other people, Which seems to be very hard to do now. So basically light up on jedi i mean they keep this game together if u think about it.

Originally posted by vash_a_2004

You guys are totally retarted. You all hate jedi so much yet they keep the money in your pocket. Without jedi you would all have nothing to hunt. Also without jedi it would be practically impossible to do any of the fun activities such as dwb or take out grevious without a group of 20 other people, Which seems to be very hard to do now. So basically light up on jedi i mean they keep this game together if u think about it.

1: I hate MBH, so don't say they keep the creds flowing for me, generalizing is bad.

2: Not even Jedi can take down the DWB right now, it's near impossible, even harder then pre-cu. They're going to lower the cl in there and on the corvette.

3: A group of 8 smart cl 80's with a good mix of different professions can easily do the same as any group with a jedi.

Originally posted by lil_dude

2: Not even Jedi can take down the DWB right now, it's near impossible, even harder then pre-cu. They're going to lower the cl in there and on the corvette.

3: A group of 8 smart cl 80's with a good mix of different professions can easily do the same as any group with a jedi.

LOL! we did the corvette with 7 people. 2 days ago. we didnt finish it because we had no idea where to go.. but we made it to the bridge anyway :) its not hard.... we had a jedi knight with us tho. but he wouldnt have survived if it wasnt for our 3 combat medics. its not hard if you work together.

oh and that 3rd comment... extreme lol.. have you been playing lately? smart people ingame? well there must be a special place to find em cause i have yet to find a good group outside my guild. and trust me i been in A LOT of groups lately...

everyone of em are filled with absolute morons who just shoot everything thats shootable. i vowed never to go on groups like that and only go hunting with my guild.

i just dont get all you guys.... you all hate the game yet you continue to play and whine..... is this your last hope of gaming or something?? *sigh* the older people get the more immature they seem to become *deep sigh*

Originally posted by Wraith 8

LOL! we did the corvette with 7 people. 2 days ago. we didnt finish it because we had no idea where to go.. but we made it to the bridge anyway :) its not hard.... we had a jedi knight with us tho. but he wouldnt have survived if it wasnt for our 3 combat medics. its not hard if you work together.

oh and that 3rd comment... extreme lol.. have you been playing lately? smart people ingame? well there must be a special place to find em cause i have yet to find a good group outside my guild. and trust me i been in A LOT of groups lately...

everyone of em are filled with absolute morons who just shoot everything thats shootable. i vowed never to go on groups like that and only go hunting with my guild.

i just dont get all you guys.... you all hate the game yet you continue to play and whine..... is this your last hope of gaming or something?? *sigh* the older people get the more immature they seem to become *deep sigh*

I love the game, it's just there are never any posts about the positive aspects which make it look like I am always complaining, because when there's threads about bad things in game which i don't enjoy, I will /rant about it.

Guest DarthMaulUK

If the game had some positive aspects then I am sure it would be posted.

I remember last year when people accused me of bad mouthing the game and I opened up the debate. No one posted anything positive. Then one by one they all agreed with me.

Yes the community is good but thats it. The game just isnt living up to the Star Wars world. It reminds me of Phantom menance!

Lacking direction, wooden acting from some (the npcs in this case! hehe) and all the time we are paying £9 a month to play something broken.

In my opinion, the expansion packs shouldnt have followed until some of the major issues are broken.

Player cities

a massive list of bugs. Including tax problems, election problems

Profession bugs

Thousands of them spread across all professions

Galactic Civl Bore

War? This is war? its a joke

Graphical bugs

Lots of map tears, exiting the gaming world

Quests

That cant be completed due to bugs, or have to be done twice

Servers

Lag is unbelievable on the european server. I have a top of the range Nvidia GT6800 card and i get 1 fps in mos eisley for example.

and most of these just stem from the stand alone galaxies game and doesnt include the lack of creativity from the so called Development team.

I would like to be positive about the game, I really would but i struggle to find good things in the game. Why do i play? Well, im not paying to play because I have a press account and trust me i wouldnt pay to play unless they really spent time fixing even some of the most basic issues in the game

DMUK

Originally posted by DarthMaulUK

Servers

Lag is unbelievable on the european server. I have a top of the range Nvidia GT6800 card and i get 1 fps in mos eisley for example.

DMUK

this is what basically caused me to not come back after CU. Lag has gone out the window. for any 56k user we are totally screwed. I was always willing to look past various bugs and most the time the jedi because of what a great community the game holds. i would love to be back in playing the game, but i cant due to the extreme lag that now exists.

Archived