Home

Unlagged

ensiform

Seeing as the last thread about lag and unlagged mod stuff was removed when the database got reverted to an old one, i might as well start another thread.

I have started porting unlagged into RS and so far im done with server-side except stuff in g_weapons and i need to do client side stuff which im about to do now and the weapons im gonna hold off till i figure out what the differences really are that i will need to use.

i got something weird though... the altfire is acting like normal fire for the thermal detonators and they dont bounce.

and i also get a random crash it seems also. so when i get these issues figured out i will let ya know, other than that, most of the normal unlagged functions seem to work, true ping, the lagometer always shows if cg_lagometer is set to 1.

heh yes unlagged is a client optional mod.. not required but it is a good thing to have when unlagged... cg_drawBBox is a cheat btw.

oh and i think i found what was causing the bug, im thinking the game doesnt like someone using those bit thingies on jka's weapons since its split into 4 sections like jka is.

Edit: yes the crash now appears fixed, i had forgot a few com_bit<clear|check|set> things in the weapon code and they were causing it and i guess i didnt let those parts run long enough for them to be affected. but i still gotta figure out wtf is up with the thermal detonators... :X

Well, I assume that Unlagging is using the physics system to "roll back" the gameworld.

The ->s.pos (for position) & ->s.apos (for angles) stores all the data used for that updating. If Unlag alters this state and doesn't restore it, the objects will all be out of sync. In your case, it means that the missile objects a desynced just enough that they don't bounce.

*just a guess*

Archived