Home

Unlagged

ensiform

Originally posted by Wudan

From what I understand of 'unlag' is that it only affects hit-trace weapons, whick JK2 or JKA does not have, cept for perhaps the disruptor.

What benefits are you hoping to reap here?

unlagged does do some missile stuff also. and it fixes lag stuff. (ie: q3 has a built in ping of 50ms; not sure what jka's is)

Here's the Unlagged FAQ:

http://www.planetquake.com/alternatefire/unlagged_faq.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I'm curious if this can really work for JKA. Both for guns and sabers. Has anyone tested? Is there a proof of concept anywhere?

I'm not sure its going to improve sabers so much as it does instant weapons like the tenloss and concussion rifle and predictable missiles like all the non homing ones.

I've actually moved away from implementing the original Unlagged and moved towards more of an Enemy Territory approach with Antilag with some aspects of Unlagged attached. As well as the now released ETPro mod's "antiwarp" code.

Basically I've left this:

"True Ping"

"Skip Correction"

"cg_optimizedPrediction"

What's different:

Skip Correction Code

Functions follow a different naming scheme and such.

Tweaked some items stored with position.

Most of the debugging stuff is gone not able to be active by default.

Removed all of the rest of the cgame unlagged code except the bounding boxes though I don't think they are even correct. Technically everyone should be using capsules for player tracing anyway...

Antiwarp

The missile code tweaks on server are gone

Box: Rectangle

Capsule: Basically a cylinder with a hemisphere stuck to each end of it.

G2: Special code but I dunno that I really like it all that much being that we don't get a whole lot of control over it.

Archived