Home

"Error: Data Cyclic Redundancy"

Det. Bart Lasiter

Normally, when CDs get a CRC message, they try to read the disc again. After several failed attempts, they give the redundancy check error. The problem can be hardware (loose cables, failing drive), software or damaged CDs. Check and clean the disc first. If different clean CDs have the same problem, it is likely to be a hardware problem (check the CDs in another drive if you can). Is your CD a burnt copy? That can cause problems as well...

just be lucky it was just something you spilled on it. i just had to replace two faulty DVD-burners on my machine, and my warranty had already run out, so i couldn't just send'em back in.

now i'm stuck with a DVD-ROM (no burner), of course, that has a lot to do with me being too cheap to buy new burners.

and for the record: i'm never going to buy a Toshiba product again. both of those burners were Toshiba products (they came with eMachines).

Originally posted by stingerhs

and for the record: i'm never going to buy a Toshiba product again. both of those burners were Toshiba products (they came with eMachines).

Pioneer Burners are workhorses ;)

I'm using the same model in one of my PCs that my MAC G5 uses... I can literally kick the machine during burning and still not produce a coaster :D (though I wouldn't suggest kicking your machine just to test the theory.. heheh)...

Pioneer DVRAO7 XLB (black, to match my case)

Pioneer DVD Burners @ Newegg only $47.99 It's a different model than mine, but it's pretty much the same series :)

Archived