Home

[CNN] Astronomers detect 'Tatooine planet'

ChAiNz.2da

Pretty interesting discovery. Too bad we'll never get there in my life time...but you never know

:eek:

*puts geek cap on*

once again I'm gonna prove how big of a geek i am.

that is intirely false at the rate that our technology is advanceing we will have zero gravity propulsion which in theory can exceed lightspeed kinda like warp speed from star trek

the way zero gravity propulsion works is it creates a subspace feild around the vehicle that blocks all gravity again in theory allowing it to move through normal space with out the restrictions of general physics and mind you all this techonlogy is currently in development by some of the top mind in physics with the funding of huge companies like boeing and the us government

*take geek cap back off*

Originally posted by jedigoku

cool as a outer space nut this is the second time in a year that the scientific community has been turned upside down do to a new discovery the first was something comming out of a black hole

Something coming out of a black hole? I haven't heard of that one, can you post a link to that story? Thanks

"the way zero gravity propulsion works is it creates a subspace feild around the vehicle that blocks all gravity again in theory allowing it to move through normal space with out the restrictions of general physics and mind you all this techonlogy is currently in development by some of the top mind in physics with the funding of huge companies like boeing and the us government"

*puts on Minor Geek cap*

I thought those were supposed to alter more than gravity, like space-time and all that other stuff?

*takes minor geek cap off, it's not as good as the regular ones*

the way zero gravity propulsion works is it creates a subspace feild around the vehicle that blocks all gravity again in theory allowing it to move through normal space with out the restrictions of general physics and mind you all this techonlogy is currently in development by some of the top mind in physics with the funding of huge companies like boeing and the us government

puts on helm of geek gods with +5 melee range

thing is what about warp travel asuming that the energy to power a machine capable of bending space is low or not a ridiculous sum we won't need to worry about anti-technology.

and plus even then you could still get there using extremely hi-effiecny fuel in conjunction with cryo-stasis machines

that planet (designation: Threshold) look pretty kkkrazy

any1 wonder what else is in the system

a planet or a nutron star I don't remember I saw the clip for about 30 seconds while i was doing homework

*puts on geek cap of the stars cap +1000 melee range*

acutall the consept of a black hole violate the two fundimental laws of science they are the law conservation of energy which state that energy can neither be created nore distroyed but conservered and the law of conseveration of matter which states that matter can neither be created nore distroyed but conserved

but the black hole supossedly take both and turns them into nothing.

* takes off geek cap of the stars cap +1000 melee range*

quantum physics I'm not that big of a nerd:p

Equips Omnipotent Redneck Warrior kit, 100% consume or reflect Geek damage,

Cheat level Attributes, Draws upon the entire Force, to many other features to count:cool:

"but the black hole supossedly take both and turns them into nothing."

I thought the idea was that the pull is so poweful that nothing can "escape"

ORW doesn't make me right, but I'm leaving it on anyway because it hasn't been washed in weeks and therefore has a really good fit:cool:

*puts geek cap of the stars +1000 melee range back on*

actually that is a possiblity because the theory is that the gravitational pull is so great that it cuts into subspace and bends normal space around it I did my physics paper on black holes:p it look kind of like a funnel.

a nother theory that is gaining so support is that the black hole is actually a gateway into a nother universe.

*take off geek cap of the stars +1000 melee range and puts it in a safe place*

Thanks for the heads up ChAiNz! :D

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

Pretty interesting discovery. Too bad we'll never get there in my life time...but you never know :)

All we need is hybernation chambers and a long range ship, if you don't mind the 278 year round trip that is! ;)

Wow. A whole new planet... Maybe, at some point, there'll be a colony there... But, probably not when I'm alive.

For all the people who want to hibernate by freezing themselves, be sure to wear a big fur coat. Oh, and bring along a heater. It'll prbably get awfully cold.

acutall the consept of a black hole violate the two fundimental laws of science they are the law conservation of energy which state that energy can neither be created nore distroyed but conservered and the law of conseveration of matter which states that matter can neither be created nore distroyed but conserved

Actually, the generally accepted theory is that the mass 'sucked' into a black hole is 'streched' and compacted and eventually takes the form of energy, after which points it is speculated that the matter reforms into it's original (or something similar :3headed: ) state when it is expelled from the other side of the black hole (thought to be quasars), which is usually at the other side of the fold of the space-time continuum's 'fabric' that the black hole is positioned on (space-time is like an 'S' if you look at it from the 'side'). But that explanation cannot really describe what actually happens to the matter within the black hole, because of the somewhat primitive state of the human mind (I always picture someone's head exploding :explode: ).

As for my thoughts on 'Tatooine Jr.', I waiting for anti-matter propulsion, although the only drawback to that is a possible supernova, such an engine would propel one at immense speeds, and probably stop just short of lightspeed, thus being far safer than exceeding it (I don't think anyone wants to be an infinitely thin piece of human spaghetti of supercharged ball of energy, although I may be wrong shock1).

Like I said, that's just the closest description of what happens (please see this: :explode: ). It's not exact, being as black holes aren't technically there at all, we just infer that they're out there somewhere because we can see stars being 'disappeared'.

***edit***

Besides, what makes you think that something that defies our current laws of physics cares about our more basic laws? Hehe, black holes are like this: :nutz3: when it comes to our rules.

Archived