Home

Why won't Aeron get on the Otana?

RobHoth

Hello all, I'm new here, and I'd like to ask a question about a mission which is extremely annoying. For me, anyway.

I can't remember the number of the mission, but I'll give you a description. It's the one where you fly the Otana to rescue Aeron from the pirate base that's made out of an asteroid. You know, where the SSD Executor is present, along with about 3 other ISDs? I can easily reach the base itself, and when I get there, I press Shift + D to dock with it. The ship kind of spins around to face the Executor, then lowers to dock. I get the message on the comm that I have docked, but in the goals menu, it doesn't say that I have. Even after Aeron speaks on the comm, saying something like, 'I'm here, let's go, the nav Buoy is past the Star Destroyer', the goals still say I haven't boarded, and when I target the base, it still says Aeron is on board. Even if I wait for ages, nothing happens. Well, except for me getting chewed up by TIEs, that is. i've tried just flying away anyway, but there's no nav buoy and I can't escape. What is wrong? Is it a glitch in the game, or something? It's really winding me up!

Help me!

I think you have to wait for the docking operation to be finished before that goal goes to completed status. It takes a pretty long time, from what I remember, and you have to fend off attacks from several groups of TIEs while still docked. So, just wait longer, and it should work. I'm not aware of a glitch in that mission, but I haven't played it in a very long time. Make sure you're using the 2.02 patch, just in case.

Guest Darth Massacator

Well, as everyone should know already that Aeron is a woman. And like all women, they take FOREVER to get anything done .....ok, seriously Keyan's right.

But if I do remember correctly, that mission, along with getting the Tiberium (spelling?) shuttle, take forever to complete.

There is nothing that makes me more angry that playing a long, difficult mission in a space sim and getting killed at the end for a stupid reason. I remember this one mission in X-Wing took me like 45 minutes to complete. I was just about to hyper home when I crashed into a gunboat and died. Sort of off topic, but I had to rant about that biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone, I played the mission, and for some reason, this time around Aeron got on the ship straight away. Last time, I waited for ages (well, as long as I could before I was obliterated by TIEs, despite shooting at them from the turret). Must be the mystical ways of the Force... Or perhaps not.

• 2 weeks later...

Hell's bells, it's done it again!

There must be a glitch in my version of the game, cos I've just tried to play the mission where you download the flight co-ordinates from the dreadnaut, then you hyper into an Imperial target practice area instead. Do you know it? Anyway, as I was downloading quite happily, Aeron said, 'It's done, let's get out of here', when according to the goals, IT WASN'T. I've eventually figured out what the problem is, though.

For some reason, the game doesn't recognise that the boarding operation is complete if I am sat in the gun turret. If I am in the cockpit, there isn't a problem. So if I'm sat shooting at attacking ships while my ship is docked, the operation will not be a success. And if I wait in the cockpit, the operation will complete but I will be shot to s**t (cos the autofire is frighteningly innaccurate). What is this mystical 2.02 patch, and will it help me?

------------------

That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?

Well, I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.

Does that apply to wingman skill in the single player mission mode? ie I am Ace 1st now, will my wingmen be Ace 1st in the tours of duty?

------------------

That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?

Well, I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.

Aeron wasted my ass once too.

It was on the mission where you have to save her from the asteroid base. Now I know in that mission your chances of survival purely rest on the X-Wing's ability to survive. The first time I played they were all dead before I got past the Executor.

Anyway, I dock on the rock, pour everything into my shields and leap to the turret. I took a heavy beating from the eyeballs and dupes, and without any X-Wings to shoot them off my back there was nothing I could do.

I get the message "Okay, I'm on, let's go!" and EmKay and Aeron engage in their usual banter. I leap into the cockpit. Pour everything into the engines and make for the nav buoy.

Unfortunately, I only realised it hadn't been activated when I was a klick away from the base. I check the mission goal, and it claimed that I hadn't completed my docking operations...

Oddly enough, the one with the ComSat sabotage rolled off perfectly. Remember that the stormies come in waves alternating between inspecting Aeron and attack you, ignore the eyeballs, and just pour everything you've got into the troops. When Aeron reports that her job is done, head straight for her. She'll enter the "hanger" automatically.

This was a frustrating mission for me cause I kept getting killed by fighters, bombers, and bombardment from Star Destroyers. So I finally said "scr*w this!" and switched to invincible mode. To make sure I came out of it with some decent pointage, I took out the Executor before leaving (which took me about 40 minutes.) Unfortunately having invincible mode on leaves with only 1/20th of the points you'd normally get.

Archived