Home

New SCIFI seasons tonight!

Originally posted by REDJOHNNYMIKE

Star Trek owns as well, It's too bad it's not on now:mad:

"I like Stargate: Sg-1, but everything they did was taken from Star Trek the Original Series, and I mean everything. Stargate: Atlantis is very dry, and is a Star Trek the Next Generation stealing tv show. Battlestar Galactica is lame, but it is written and produced by some of the original producers and writters of Star Trek the Original Series and Next Generation"

Then you must not like too many SCIFI shows Mac:D

Star Trek is a Major influence on the Genre, and because it is a genre, many of the shows have similarities,

That's like saying you don't like Trek because parts were influenced by any previous science fiction;)

I personally found SG-1 to be very original, because of everything they did to make it original, I don't see much of a similarity when I watch the two:)

I liked Stargate SG-1's beginning, for it did feel like Star Trek the Original Series. But, they drove it to levels, which repetitiveness begins to become taxing.

As for SciFi, I used to like a lot of it, but lately many new shows are just repetitive banter. Andromeda (sp?) is a Roddenberry tv show that doesn't feel like Roddenberry, and I think it is a waiste of my time. Season one and two of 'Earth Final Conflict' were really good, but I had a hard time sticking with a show that killed off main characters, and the story outline was repeated for about a hundred times.

X-Men I & II were really good, but Fantastic Four is another repeate, and you can tell they came from the same company. Not to mention 'Mutant-X', which is the most horribly acted show on Earth.

Up until recently, I thought Batman would never reach their novel level. Batman Begins was the best. I like SciFi with a touch of humanistic truth.

At the moment, I am waiting for 'Underword II'. When I watched the first 'Underword', I thought it beat the hell out of the Crow. Ah the repeativite series 'The Crow'... THey like to repeate things alot, and I hope they never release 'The Corw IV'. Eventhough I know it has been done for years now.

Now, the biggest mistake in the history of SciFI. 'Highlander IV'

Up untill 'Highlander III', the TV series and movie series rocked, but 'Highlander IV' and "Highlander: The Raven' made me sick. Now, 'Highlander: The Source' is in production, but it does not involve a MacLeod. Therefore, I will have to wait untill it hits rentals.

My over all favorite, would you believe is 'The Time Machine' both the 1960s version and the recent.

I will not watch any of those shows, on TV anyway... I stopped watching SG-1 when showtime dropped it...

All because I cannot stand the stupid ScI-Fi channel and any other channel with commercials. I will not watch anything that has commercial breaks in it. I only watch the movie channels when I watch TV, the last series I watched on commercial TV was B5: Crusade.

But I do plan on buying the rest of SG-1 (I have season 1-5), and BSG in season DVD box sets when they come out, and I have funds. ;)

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

What do you mean? I know it may be kind of hard, but could you please use some correct grammar? I'm having trouble understnading your posts.

@RJM, What on earth do you mean?

As for this thread's topic, I have no clue what you're talking about. I don't watch TV.

plz read the entire thread then you will understand:p

Yup reading the whole thing always helps:D

@Redhawke, HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT ESPN

:cool:

Patience you must learn young padawan:p

Also, do you boycott those convenient roads that have all those inconvenient signs along them:D

@Devon, YOU DON'T WATCH ESPN EITHER,

Oh whats the world coming to:)

Huh then why did you post in the thread???

If you were referring to what I was saying about the Virus, then you had to see the end of the show to "get it."

Gee, I thought I was the Uber non geek around here, you trying to take my spot:rolleyes:

@MAC, well you'll have another shot at it, they're bringing in new people, replacements as General, and SG-1 team leader, they are changing stuff around at the start of the season, so it's hard to tell what it's going to be like.

But don't generalize too much about eveything having similarities to star trek, I'm sure if you look closely you will find a few similarities between most all stories in all genres.

Andromeda was cool, but I admit it was a little discombobulated:p

Yeah MX was pretty corny (but at least the blonde girl was HOT):D

I loved underworld, but I don't know too much about the sequel.

And I never really watched highlander.

I don't remember if I saw the old one but the new time machine was RETARDED:p

So TM was good but SG-1 wasn't:eek:

Have you ever watched Alias or LOST, Alias is starting to seem like they don't know what they want to do with it, but it's still a cool show,

LOST is pretty much one of the most interesting shows on TV recently, if you haven't seen it, you should watch it (a couple times, it doesn't make as much sense if you only see it once)

So you don't like any sports:confused:

Ok if you had to choose, which would it be,

Ohio State, or Michigan (that was a misspelling, it is actually "that school up north" I just spelled it that way so you would understand what I was saying)

:D

So what's wrong with commercials, they give you a few seconds to grab a drink:p

@Devon, YOU DON'T WATCH ESPN EITHER,

Oh whats the world coming to:)

Huh then why did you post in the thread???

If you were referring to what I was saying about the Virus, then you had to see the end of the show to "get it."

What's wrong with not watching TV? I've not watched any in years, and my grades have never been better. Coincidence? I think not!

So you don't like any sports:confused:

Yes RJM, people like me do exist... you would be amazed how many of us are out here too... there cannot be anything more mind-numbing to me than a sporting event. :roleyess:

Ok if you had to choose, which would it be, Ohio State, or Michigan

If you are asking me which state is better? I cannot say as I have never been to either one. ;)

So what's wrong with commercials, they give you a few seconds to grab a drink:p

*RedHawke starts story with... "A thousand years ago there were ancient beings billions of years older than us who walked among the stars... called First-Ones"... see's everyone is asleep... "I always love to keep my audience riveted!"* :D

Seriously though, once upon a time, TV was free, and as such commercials were a necissary evil... now with no such thing as free TV (read: near everyone having cable or satellite), and everyone paying to watch, we no longer need advertisers interrupting programs that we are paying to watch...

I really don't mind if they just ran them in between the shows but not during them... until this happens, I will not watch a channel that has commercials in it.

If youre gonna talk about sports, then start another thread.

As for me, I could care less about sports. As Redhawke said, theres nothing more mind numbing than a sporting event.

I was told once, that in Germany, commercials were put between the shows.I wish the US would get that smart.

Originally posted by RedHawke

Easy... Not everyone in the world likes sports or sporting events... I am one of those who can care less...

So watch ESPN, I do not. :yodac:

I am with Redhawk on this one. Even though I like football... Ah! My home team: New England Patriots.. Ah!!! Lol... :D

However, I don't like any other sports!

uh yeah...I think I'm going to have this thread put down,

Kind of like that cute little puppy dog who gets too sick:(

And the doctor tells you it's alright, he's going to a better place:)

AND THEN TAKES THE SYRING FULL OF SODIUM PENTOTHAL AND DRIVES IT INTO THE DOGS NECK!!! and then he's gone:(

So any last thougts about the shows, from anyone who bothered to watch them, instead of complaining about TV?

"Yes RJM, people like me do exist... you would be amazed how many of us are out here too... there cannot be anything more mind-numbing to me than a sporting event. "

Soo, you don't even play frisbee, billiards, darts, ping pong, horseshoes, or any of the other easier ones???

"I was told once, that in Germany, commercials were put between the shows.I wish the US would get that smart."

First thing I would have them do is erase the idea that all shows must adhere to Liberal doctrines, then get rid of commercials:D

"What's wrong with not watching TV? I've not watched any in years, and my grades have never been better. Coincidence? I think not!"

Hmm, I usally have fairly good grades, but I always studied for the application of the knowledge, instead of the grades.

Just don't forget that there's life out there:)

Man, I can't talk sports with the SciFi guys, I can't talk SciFi with the sports guys, WHAT IS LEFT FOR THE ECLECTIC FEW!!!:D

I'm going to delete this soon, unless a moderator beats me to it,:)

But I'll probably leave it for an hour or so, just to see if anybody has anything else to say:D

uh yeah...I think I'm going to have this thread put down,

Kind of like that cute little puppy dog who gets too sick:(

And the doctor tells you it's alright, he's going to a better place:)

AND THEN TAKES THE SYRING FULL OF SODIUM PENTOTHAL AND DRIVES IT INTO THE DOGS NECK!!! and then he's gone:(

WTF?! You need help...

Soo, you don't even play frisbee, billiards, darts, ping pong, horseshoes, or any of the other easier ones???

Those are professional sports. Yes I know there are professional pool players, and professional ping-pong players, and those are just as dull. And theres a difference between watching the games, and playing them.

Why are you going to delete it? Dont like people discussing what you started? :p

"WTF?! You need help..."

It's from Five Iron Frenzy's last live album from one of their concerts, they were describing what it's like for the band to break up, they do have an odd sense of humor:D

"And theres a difference between watching the games, and playing them"

VVVVV

"However, I don't like any other sports!"

"As for me, I could care less about sports."

"there cannot be anything more mind-numbing to me than a sporting event"

Even though there is a difference between watching and participating, those seemed pretty general;)

"Why are you going to delete it? Dont like people discussing what you started"

Exactly who's discussing it, it's turning into one big hate fest of sports and TEE VEE

If any body would still like to discuss those shows, then I'd be happy to:D

You need to put line breaks between what you quoting, and what youre saying.

Well you did start talking about sports.. I said you should start another thread to talk about sports, but you didnt listen to me.

Yes they were general about SPORTS. Things you mentioned were not sports. They are games or activities, but not sports.

Anyway, delete the thread or not...

The reason, I don't space as much is simply to keep the post compact:)

I understand that but it is a real pain to read... perhaps you might want to make quotes Italic's and note those you are quoting like so...

"A thousand years ago... bla bla bla..."- RedHawke

It would better help us to know what you are saying in some of your posts. ;)

So, what kinds of alien races does everyone think will be introduced to Stargate this season?

"Mongo don't know... Mongo only pawn in game of life..." :D

But whatever they do I hope the inclusion of two of the Farscape crew doesn't degrade the show... don't get me wrong Claudia Black and Ben Browder are really cool, but this can also be problematic. We'll have to see if it is a 'jumping the shark' move.

I'll be able to tell more when I get the SG-1 season 6+ DVD sets. ;)

You know you could always download the shows off the net... that way you dont have to wade through commercials.

Anyway, on to my original thought: How would it be problematic? Its not like they are playing their farscape characters.

Originally posted by Aash Li

You know you could always download the shows off the net... that way you dont have to wade through commercials.

Linkage please! :D

Originally posted by Aash Li

Anyway, on to my original thought: How would it be problematic? Its not like they are playing their farscape characters.

The problematic part is if the show falters in some way after these new actors are made regulars, they could easily be blamed for the show's demise, fans are a fickle bunch. ;)

Of course there are those who also think this is merely a move to bring in the Farscape audience to watch SG-1, while I don't personally think this is the case it is a possibility.

@RJM... Ben Browder played Michael Crighton the astronaught from Earth on Farscape.

Archived