Home

Who's finished the new Harry Potter book? (Possible Spoilers, use tags)

I finished the book a few hours after getting it, and was quite shocked by the ending. Who else has finished the book, and what do you think of it?

I thought that it was better than all the other books, and definitely had the biggest plot twist. There were a few unnecessary things Rowling incluided, but overall, it was one of the best books I have ever read.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished the book.

I think it was the best book out of the whole series.

When I found out that Dumbledore was killed, I was like WTF JKR??!! Anyways, the fact that Dumbledore was dead didn't hurt as much as the fact that he was killed by Snape. Can anyone tell me why he took on the Unbreakable Vow in the first place? And what was Dumbledore asking Snape before he was killed.? He was pleading for something, but was he pleading for life, or death?

Still it was a very well written book.

Does any one know what you have to do if your edit button isn't working? Mine refuses to work saying that the administrator won't allow me to view the page.

Anyways -

Does anyone know where all of Voldemort's horcruxes are located. And does anybody know whether Dumbledore had a Horcrux of his own (If he does, then he can come back to life)? Also, why did Voldemort give the task of killing Dumbledore to Draco?

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

When I found out that Dumbledore was killed, I was like WTF JKR??!! Anyways, the fact that Dumbledore was dead didn't hurt as much as the fact that he was killed by Snape. Can anyone tell me why he took on the Unbreakable Vow in the first place? And what was Dumbledore asking Snape before he was killed.? He was pleading for something, but was he pleading for life, or death?

If he broke the unbreakable vow, he would have died. And he was actually on Voldemort's side.

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

Does anyone know where all of Voldemort's horcruxes are located. And does anybody know whether Dumbledore had a Horcrux of his own (If he does, then he can come back to life)? Also, why did Voldemort give the task of killing Dumbledore to Draco?

No one knows where his other horcruxes are. Dumbledore? A horcrux of his own? Please. Is his skin as pale as snow? Are his eyes red? Nope. Horcruxes are very dark magic - something Dumbledore would never use. Voldemort gave Draco the task of killing Dumbledore because he was close to him. If Snape had done the task all year, Voldemort would not have gotten valuable information from him.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

If he broke the unbreakable vow, he would have died. And he was actually on Voldemort's side.

No one knows where his other horcruxes are. Dumbledore? A horcrux of his own? Please. Is his skin as pale as snow? Are his eyes red? Nope. Horcruxes are very dark magic - something Dumbledore would never use. Voldemort gave Draco the task of killing Dumbledore because he was close to him. If Snape had done the task all year, Voldemort would not have gotten valuable information from him.

That explains alot. Oh well, I guess Dumbledore really can't come back to life. I still don't know why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much.

:confused:

Another interesting point that I just thought of.

If Snape was on Voldemort's side then why did Voldemort say that Snape would be killed? Referencing to the fourth book when Voldemort is going through his list of Death Eaters: "one who is too cowardly to return. He will be killed. And one who has left me forever. He will be dealt with"

PS - Should that be in the "HP Wierdings" thread?

PPS - My edit button works again!!

:D :D :D

I've finished it. Though, I must say,

Dumbledore was foolish to thrust Snape.

I think book seventh would be rather exciting for they would have to explore unknown areas, not unknown areas of Hogwarts but, unknown areas that the

Hoxothingy and Voldemort could be found.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

Spoilers, please! There are people who've not finished the book!

Agreed! Enven if this is not a sw game thread, please use spoiler tags as the book is very popular and there is no point in ruining the story for those who have not finished the book yet.

There are some people who like the suspense, though. If I was reading this thread and hadn't finished the book, I certainly would not want it to be spoiled.

But, even if you dislike suspense, a lot of people like it. Besides, if you want the book spoiled that badly, flip to the last chapter.

Umm... no one is forcing anyone to highlight those spoiler tags... :p

But I can see your point, its no fun to have someone ruin large parts of the book because they are too inconciderate to think of other people (not saying anyone is like that).

I already knew about JKR getting rid of <censored> in the Half-blood Prince, so it dont bother me. :)

Archived