Home

Obsidian's Invisible Music & Movie Patch

The Source

Originally posted by RedHawke

They might if there is $$$ to be made!

People are probably still buying TSL. They have made so much money on TSL and KotOR, they don't care what shape the game is in as long as it still brings in money. Besides, I'd rather have them work on kotor 3 instead of fixing tsl, which is being fixed by modders instead.

Originally posted by Smilodon

I'm even starting to doubt that the movie & music patch will ever come out, more less to say an Expanded Edition for TSL. Not to mention that it'll be unlikey LA would approve this when they're unable to Q&A patches properly -_-

I agree. AFAIK, the music and movie patch was done and was undergoing Q&A with LA and they still haven't finished it...

Originally posted by RedHawke

They might if there is $$$ to be made!

exactly ;)

Diablo (Blizzard) made a killing when they released their boxed set that contained both their games... the only thing they added was the latest patched versions (which you could download for free)... and other 'useless' stuff...

Still, it nearly doubled their sales...

People will buy anything if you put it in a pretty enough box ;) hehehe....

If LA were to release a boxed set, with pretty colors and stamped it with big bold letters..

"NEW! High Quality Movies & Sound!"

you can bet your pennies it'll $ell :fist:

(kind of the whole DVD industry "Director's Cut" marketing scheme)

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

exactly ;)

Diablo (Blizzard) made a killing when they released their boxed set that contained both their games... the only thing they added was the latest patched versions (which you could download for free)... and other 'useless' stuff...

Still, it nearly doubled their sales...

People will buy anything if you put it in a pretty enough box ;) hehehe....

If LA were to release a boxed set, with pretty colors and stamped it with big bold letters..

"NEW! High Quality Movies & Sound!"

you can bet your pennies it'll $ell :fist:

(kind of the whole DVD industry "Director's Cut" marketing scheme)

I completely agree.

Expansion Pack will incude:

-Cut Content

-Music & Sound Patch

-Technical Fixes

Price: $20/$25

If they bundle it up with missing stuff and patches for KorORI, the the price will be around: $39/$45.

When I looked at the source for the 'Galaxy Map' there were listings for 'Live Content' and two other unknown planets. My theory is that they will at least restore some of the all ready known missing content. I know it sounds nieve, but I would buy an 'Expansion Pack' if they released it. Why not! Missing content and tech fixes alone would be worth the purchase.

Theoratically!

A "gold edition" would be fine, but only if they call it

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords: Full game (honest)

If they do make an expansion, I hope its more than just the cut content and High quality movies. I want and actually expansion pack if I'm going to pay for it. Of course, not everyone knows about the cut content, so for most people it would seem like a real expansion pack.

• 4 weeks later...

I highly doubt this patch will be released. I'm even more surprised they made it in the first place - they get no profit, and the fans are happier.

EXACTLY the opposite of what they want.

The greedy, arrogant, wading in cash little Jedi lovers.

By the way, excellent find, Darth33.

• 4 months later...

I know this is four months after the last post, so it is possible that no one will even see this, but the media patches are out... I have already downloaded them.

They can be downloaded here:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/files/Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II/Patches;5552

I hope that link works...

The patch has been broken up into 7 files, one music and 6 movie files.

All you have to do is download them and then place the downloaded utilities and rar files into the main swkotor2 folder. Run the utility for the music, and it is done. Run the utility for the movies and make sure the the 5 rar files are in the main swkotor2 folder with it, and it will take care of itself (he he, you will see my post there asking about this, here is the answer, I figured it out.)

The downloads are over 2 gigs, but believe me, well worth it. Well worth it.

I hope that this gets the news out, since I see that in this post there are a few modders that I have loads of thier stuff, I hoipe this may return the favor!!!

Thanks for the input but be already have a music thread discussing the patches ;)

It can be found here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153124

and there is another download site too (original dl link): http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_kotor2_downloads.html

The present thread was made well before their release.

Since a great part of the present thread is outdated, I am locking it.

Archived