Home

"ignoring" friendly fire in single player

yangyan

Im not sure if this is the right forum, but im trying to make something that forces ally npcs to ignore your friendly fire, so if you spawn luke and start sabering him and there are other jedi around, they'll just ignore you and you wont get a "Mission Failed : You've turned on your friends". Is there like a script (icarus) thats run by default infinitly by the game so when you kill an ally the script automatically detects it, or is it hardcoded into the game? Or is there a script that tells the game to give you a mission failed when you turn on your allies? any help would be appreciated.

do you know which script controls it? ive been searching for an hour and the closest thing ive come to is common/mad_at_player.ibi but it doesnt have a SET_MISSIONFAILED, MISSIONFAILED_TURNED. All it does have it SET_ENEMY, player.

Well, crap, I can't seem to find the reference either. I seem to remember it being in the AI code somewhere but I can't seem to connect it to the mission failed menu being displayed other than thru the SET_MISSIONFAILED ICARUS command.

i downloaded survival mod 2 and played for a while, then I realised that the mod allowed you to kill your allies without failing the mission. sure they start attacking you but thing is you dont fail. i explored the scripts for a while but there doesnt seem to be any kind of script that controls it either. which means its built into the map or its something to do with npcs.cfg or something else

I dont think they were intending it. I made another room and spawned a whole bunch of rebels and had tons of fun massacring them. Didnt get mission failed either. strangly I didnt do anything in the map except put info_palyer_start

I've noticed that killing friendlies doesn't usually fail you the mission, just hurting them. For example, I spawn in several rebels and start shooting them. I will soon get 'mission failed'. But if I saber them, killing them in one hit, I don't. Is this of any use?

Archived