Home

Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2

Redwing

Asgardried Lounge

Marin: I think that is a decision that should be made by all of us together, and only after we have all had a chance to observe the individual in question. It shouldn't be a snap decision in a stressful moment just because we think we've found someone who can help us... or because we've found a long-lost friend or relative and are dying to let them know... *She looks at Tanara* No offense meant to you and your sister.

I know we've been using a vouching system so far but that could become dangerous. We're all fallible.

Raschel: Pardon me... but I didn't know anyone else could reach the Time Matrix. Aren't we the only ones going through this quest, and isn't that the only way to get it?

Guy: Actually that is one more thing we need to discuss after this. But, to continue with this subject first... what is the vote as to what to tell the three captives?

Marin: I don't think we should tell them much yet. The Holocaust yes - in fact I've already told Chere and Cody about that. Not the Time Matrix, though. Not until we can all be sure, not just through my opinion, but through everyone's, that they can be trusted.

----------

Asgardried Cargo Hold

*The cockpit section of Guy's ship sits silently in the Asgardried.

Then, abruptly, the door splits open. K'Warra climbs out, sporting burn scars, an odd limp, and patches of skin in a rainbow of bright colors in contrast to his normal aqua skin tone*

K'Warra: Well that was interesting. Haven't seen a security system that creative in... well, years. Now, where has everyone gotten off to?

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Red: That would be the Asgardried Cargo Hold, not Docking bay.))

Asgardried Lounge

*Heimdall quickly scans the lounge*

Heimdall: Currently eight people are in favor of telling the former captives just about the holocaust and nothing else until we *motioning to everyone* determine that they can be trusted with more information. Actually if I vote for Vidar by proxy that would put nine people in favor of this, either way its a majority. So unless someone has something else to add I would say the matter is at a close.

Next issue is the matter of missing group members. Currently we do not know where they, let alone if they are still alive, so there is actually very little to decide upon. What we do know is that the kidnappers were extradimensionals, and I'm fairly positive that they were the same ones who attacked us on Midgard. Guy you are perhaps the best qualified to investigate and try and find out what has happened to the missing members and where they are. When we have more information we can come back to this and make an intellegent decision.

Svafa: I would just add, that while the quest is paramount, we owe it to them to mount a rescue attempt as soon as possible.

*Heimdall nods his head in approval before speaking*

Heimdall: Raschel, now to your question. While it is almost certain that we are the only ones able to reach the time matrix, there is always the possiblity no mater how small that someone else can get to the time matrix before us. It is best to be prepared for that and try to minimize the risk of that happening.

Also keep in mind that another possiblity is that others follow us, letting us take all the risk with the intention of grabbing the Time Matrix right before we do. I know Loki would either love to stop us from finishing the quest or to lay his hands on the Time Matrix. I am also certain Misea has told him everything she knew about this quest so we can be sure he is aware of the Time Matrix and our intentions. As such he will either try an infiltrate this group or send everything he has against us in oder to ensure we never finish the quest.

Now is there anything else or should I continue onto the briefing of our destination?

((I'm moving things along just a little so that we can end this meeting and arrive at the planet before the end of August with any luck))

((oops, edited.))

Asgardried Lounge

Guy: Actually I have something to add on that. If Matt, Aidan, Gortick and Ellela were taken for the reasons I think they were, this entire quest could be in danger.

----------

Shadow Base

Aren: So what do you say? I'm afraid I need a decision now. The ritual could be due to begin in as much as a few hours... or in mere minutes.

Aidan: *spits out* And what ritual is this?

----------

Asgardried Lounge

Guy: My family is among the descendants of those who helped create this quest. They have indirect, imprecise information on it, and no location specifics, but... they have enough to be a threat.

An integral part of this quest is a certain magic all of us share, have shared since early in this quest. Think of it as a contagious, benign virus implanted in all of us. It appears the items that control this quest are using this magic 'signature' if you will, to determine whether or not a being is... well, part of the quest. We seem to be passing it along to others based on both extended proximity and whether or not, subconsciously, we trust them. By now, everyone in this room has it except Elaina, and I believe it is slowly transferring itself to her from Tanara as we speak.

----------

Shadow Base

Aren: Technically, I'm not supposed to answer you. But as head of my branch, I can break the rules when I feel it's necessary.

The ritual involves draining a particular kind of magic from one body and artificially transfering it into another.

----------

Asgardried Lounge

Guy: However new technology has been developed recently that would allow any magic of this kind to be... well... taken from any of us and given to someone else. If we - any of us - could be rendered helpless...

Raschel: *wide-eyed* Then... if I'm understanding this right... we could have... competition?

Guy: Yes. Think about it. The magic didn't appear till after our first test, when we gained the map - our direction. Look at it this way - the magic essentially gives newcomers a free pass for all the tests that we as a group have passed, whether or not they actually perform them. It gives them the ability to do what we can do, to go where only we could go before.

I don't know if the quest makers knew this possibility would exist by this time or not. It's possible they did, and this is yet another obstacle we have to overcome. Either way, the longer we wait without getting the others back... the bigger the chance is that they will succeed at performing the ritual. It will take some time to perform. We have a chance to stop it... but that chance is growing smaller and smaller.

----------

Shadow Base

Aren: This is somewhat unusual in this context and I only have a few pieces of the puzzle. Supposedly, this is magic you've stolen, but I have evidence that says otherwise. If you could tell me more - as head of Acquisitions and Security I---

Aidan: Oh, "Acquisitions and Security", is that right? "Kidnappers and killers", you mean. And don't even try to deny it - even if the people who beat us up and dragged us here weren't YOUR mercernaries, you still kidnapped and tried to kill me.

*Aren shakes her head back at him* Aidan Saphrai, you killed several people making your escape from indentured servitude, a body count later including some of our own people---

Aidan: I didn't intend to kill anyone! They were trying to kill me! So were you people!

Aren: Accidental or not, how were we to know? We were hired to capture a danger to the public, to innocents, and you certainly showed yourself to be a danger. Besides that, you then stole from us. Valuable technology that you still have somewhere, I'm sure. As I said before, how could we not have chased you?

Aidan: Bull****. Valuable technology - hah, everything the Shadows deal in is illegal or stole---

Aren: Stolen? Unlikely. Illegal? Only under the arbitrary rules of the Blades... who, incidentally, support the slavery you escaped from. I would've thought a free spirit such as yourself would understand how we don't feel bound by the laws of an elitist, power-mad group of beings who have been given their power rather than earned it through the will of the people. I feel we are in the right.

Aidan: What about Marin then?! She never did anything wrong. Why were you chasing HER if you're so goddamned righteous all of a sudden?

Aren: Your female friend? We had a contract out on her. She was on the run from the authorities---

Aidan: From a bunch of bastards who wanted to kill her!

Aren: Entirely possible, but we never got a chance to hear her side of the story, and all evidence pointed towards her being a great danger and a justifiable contract, especially when she began traveling with you---

Aidan: You. Tried. To. KILL US!

Aren: Come on, Aidan. You don't really believe that, do you? We never harmed either of you. We had many, many chances. We aren't killers. We aren't the bad guys you so want to believe we are.

*Aidan sputters*

Aidan: Liar!

*Aren sighs*

Aren: *directed mostly to the other three* Well? Will you let me help you? Will you give me a reason to release you?

Aidan: Why do you NEED a reason?!

Aren: I told you. We're under contract. I don't know enough about you, although I do have some information that, if you confirm it, would allow me to release you. Just tell me who you are, what you're doing, and why someone would want to stop you.

Aidan: Whatever you're planning to do, you're doing it without our permission! If you were really as ****ing noble as you pretend you are, you'd never have considered this!

Aren: Oh really? The official story told us about you is that you're a pack of powerful, dangerous murderers who stole magic to do terrible things with. I don't know if I believe this story, but you're certainly powerful, dangerous... and from a certain point of view, murderers. If you won't give me your side of things---

Aidan: It doesn't matter! You have no right! No right!

Aren: No right? Then who has the right? You certainly don't think the law does, and there isn't any law here anyway. *She looks at the others* I bet your friends' Emperor Palpatine thought the Rebels had no right to do what they did to him... but didn't they?

*She pauses*

Aren: Like I said. Give me your story, and I'll free you. No ritual. No further harm done. I just need the truth.

((Phew. That took a while to type up. Hope I didn't miss anything :D))

((Since Red's post was so long, I needed a reminder of what I was responding to :p ))

By now, everyone in this room has it except Elaina, and I believe it is slowly transferring itself to her from Tanara as we speak.

Elaina's concentration on her project was immediately lost when she heard these words. She glanced at her sister in confusion, but Tanara merely shrugged. Her eyes turned then to Guy. Her astonished words were simple and to the point.

"What? Magic?"

Her gaze continued to shift from Guy to Tanara and back. It was all too obvious she hadn't a clue what was going on.

Asgardried Lounge

Idun: Elaina think of it as a hidden marker that shows you as one of the group.

Heimdall: The entire quest is already in grave danger Guy. Do not forget that Misea is with Loki, and her jotun overlords now. As I've said Loki will want the time matrix and if he doesn't already have the magic marker he will shortly posses it thanks to Misea. You can be assured that Loki will begin to hunt for us and the time matrix very soon.

There is very little that we can do about Loki, and until we know more about the missing group members there is little we can do for them. The first step is to find out where they are being held, Guy, your still the best one to lead this investigation and I'm sure all of us will help when and where we can.

I just want to remind everyone that while the dangers are increasing greatly, if we fail this galaxy this universe and pehaps others will fall into eternal darkness. Also while we may now have competition in securing the time matrix we are in the possession of key artifacts that our enemies lack such as the key and the map.

So unless there is anything else...

*Heimdall waits another minute before speaking again*

Svafa will brief everyone on the Resan system.

*Heimdall takes a seat as Svafa stands. The lights in the lounge dim and a holographic image of a verdant world with a number of oceans.*

Svafa: This is our destination Resan prime, or at least this is how it looked thousands of years ago. Why am I showing how this planet looked thousands of years ago? Its rather simple at Midgard you saw our enemies, and now its time for you to see what they can do when there are no restrictions placed upon them. To accomplish this I'm going to tell you how this planet and its inhabitants meet their end.

About hundred thousand years ago Resan Prime was a lush and vibrant world home to the Resa, a species that could be considered close cousins to Wookies. They were a primative species and had yet to discover space flight when they were eradicated. How were they eradicated?

Well this was towards the end of the second Jotun war. I was leading a task force of Valkyries, Einherjar, and Drakes hunting Surt, his battalion. and Nidhogg. We were about two weeks behind Surt and had been eating away at his forces for a couple of months.

Surt came to Resan Prime believing that such a primative species would take him for a God and do his bidding without question. A quick and easy way to bolster his forces. However the Resa resisted and wouldn't bow down to Surt. This infuriated the Jotun so he, Nidhogg, and the other fire jotuns in his battalion set fire to the Atmosphere of the planet.

*The holographic image of Resan Prime shows a bright red spot on the southern hemisphere. The spot grows spreading outward, within moments rolling flames can be seen*

Simply setting the atmosphere ablaze wasn't enough for Surt he then casted a spell over the planets water. This spell seperated water molecules allowing both the hydrogen and oxygen to futher fuel the blaze.

*Lines of Fire crisscross Resan Prime as its bodies of water ignite.*

It took a week for the fire to consume the world and burn everything on the planet. When we arrived at the planet there was no breathable atmosphere left and all we found were ashes.

*Svafa pauses as she waits for the flames to finish consuming the holographic planet. When it was over and the flames vanished Resan prime was a barren grey world with no hint that it was once a healthy vibrant world that supported life*

This is what Resan Prime looks like now, no life, no breathable air. The weather is very unpredictable, the planet is known to experience fierce dust storms that can stip flesh from a body, and lighting storms that can cover the entire world. A good description of the planet is that its a hellish place.

One last thing, when Surt destroyed Resan Prime he needed the help of twenty nine other Jotuns as well as a Drake. His power has grown since then and now we believe he is able to accomplish this on his own. He is also capable of controling the rate that these flames consume a planet. If past evidence tells us anything Surt will make planets burn slowly so he can enjoy watching the people starve, and slowly burn to death.

*The holographic image of Resan Prime Disappears and the lights turn up*

Any Questions?

((Again doing this to push the thread along))

--------------------------------------------

Asgardried Cargo Hold

Asgardried: They are having some kind of depraved beauty contest.

Shadow Base

Gortick: I'll tell you who I am. I'm someone not stupid enough to help someone who kidnaps him.

Elella: Aren't you mean to have intelligence about us? Don't you already know. Sounds like this ritual is counting on something you do know...

---------------------------

Asgardried Lounge

Orthos: What are we looking for on this planet?

"Not quite the picture perfect getaway," Elaina muttered. Tanara couldn't help but smile at her sister's words.

"This planet has no breathable atmosphere?" she asked, turning her attention back to Svafa. She paused for a few seconds and shook her head. "I shouldn't be doubting that you have the proper equipment to walk on its surface."

((Normally I wouldn't double post but the pervious post been up for a little bit)).

Asgardried Lounge

*When there are no more questions Heimdall stands*

Heimdall: Alright I think that concludes this meeting. Remember to tell the Asgardried who you want as your leaders.

*The other Aesir stand and begin to leave the lounge. Valda walks up to Heimdall*

Valda: I'm going to go check in on Vidar, then go to sleep.

Heimdall: Ok, thank you.

*Svafa walked over to Marin*

Svafa: Tell your friends about the rules of the ship, then get your armor and meet me in the armory. We need to begin your training.

*Idun meanwhile went over to Tanara and Elaina*

Idun: I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about what is going on. If you want we can stay here, or go back to my quarters.

((ugh. Had a post, couldn't get it through last night. Here's an edited version.))

Asgardried Lounge

*Just before the meeting ends*

Guy: Between the Aesir and I, you will likely have equipment to survive almost any situation you could think of.

Raschel: *wryly* Yeah, you'll find it's the situations you can't think of that you should be worrying about...

----------

Asgardried Cargo Hold

*K'Warra's ears prick back and he looks carefully around*

K'Warra: Hm. Don't tell me, let me guess. Either you're the best ventriquolist in the known universe, or the Seer left me here alone because he knew someone would be playing the voyeur through all of this marvelous machinery. Am I warm? Oh, and tell our wannabe Miss Universes that it's not very nice to leave a guest in a little crate for hours on end with nothing to do.

----------

Shadow Base

*Aren sighs* Again, I told you, I didn't kidnap you. My people didn't kidnap you. Independently hired mercernaries kidnapped you, hired by a group of people that include your friend Guy's estranged family.

As for the ritual, it's counting on you having magic inside you that can be transferred. However the magic you've got inside you... well. It doesn't fit into any category we have. We have no record of anything like it. It's not in our systems. This is extraordinarily unusual. If it was solely up to me I wouldn't touch it. Too dangerous. But it's not up to me. My people won't even be peforming the ritual. We've only been hired to provide expensive, hard-to-get materials to perform it with. THEY know what this is all about; THEY are your enemies.

*Shortly after Heimdall stands and concludes the meeting, Sir-Vin stands up and walks to Heimdall.*

Sir-vin *still softly* "Heimdall, would it be anything possible if perhaps I could speak to you for a few moments in private?"

"I don't care," Elaina said. "My biggest concern here is that I don't know anything of what you have been doing or what's coming up. You keep talking about a quest. Now, I'm not about to leave, but I've never been thrilled about taking part in something I don't have a clue about."

"And I joined the quest too recently to provide my sister with answers to her questions," Tanara added. "Many of her questions are also mine."

((If Red or Admiral could PM me with more detail so you don't have to post it here, I think I could participate a bit more. Then, I and my characters would be more satisfied on the whole. I'll PM you about something I'm planning also.))

((WJ: Its alright for your characters to ask the various questions. There reactions should be interesting. But I'll PM you anyways))

Asgardried Cargohold

Asgardried: Maybe I'm the best ventriquiolist in the unknown universe but since it unknown whos to say. And no one is secretly watching you.

---------------------------------

Asgardried Lounge

Heimdall: Sure, Sir Vin we can talk in my quarters.

*Heimdall leads Sir Vin to his quarters, and waits until the door shuts to talk again*

Heimdall: What do you want to talk about?

------------------------------

Idun: Ok, then we can talk here, but first I'm going to get a cup of tea. I'll be right back.

*Idun walks into the kitchen and after a few minutes comes back shortly with a mug of steaming tea and takes a seat across from Tanara and Elaina*

((Will finish this later))

*Sir-vin nods his head slowly. Then he stands up tall, looking right at Heimdall.*

Sir-Vin "I know that since from the beginning that I haven’t been trusted very well, me bring my father's son and all. After all it was my father whom killed yours. It's natural for you to distrust me. But even after a while I've proven myself to not be like my father at all, and be rather foolish with my actions. For that I wish to apologize for. I know that I'm not, and shouldn't be trusted with much responsibility in your eyes just for that very reason."

*Sir-vin turns to briefly look at Heimdalls quarters, know this was his first time even being able to even have any sort of view inside of it. He quickly turns back cutting his slight pause short.*

Sir-Vin "But I think that it would only burden us further down the line if I make attempts to be useful to yourself and the others if I keep making the same foolish actions that I have before."

*Sir-vin was facing Heimdall once again, and then he closes his eyes and gives a half a bow to Heimdall by lowering his head.*

Sir-Vin *opening his eyes while still 'bowed'* "I apologize for my actions that have been taken before, Heimdall. I promise that I'll be more mature from this point further"

*Sir-Vin raises.*

((WJ: In that case we can just go with it. Have your characters ask about things they want to know about. And if that is just something your not to sure on you can always PM me or Red Later))

Asgardried Lounge

Idun: Well I think the first things you need to know is that the galaxy is going to end in about twenty years, this is known by my people as Gotterdammerung, a twisted form of Ragnarok or the final battle between good and evil. This began when our leader Lord Odin was killed. His death signaled the end and that evil creatures like Fenrir were soon going to destroy every inhabitant of this galaxy. In an attempt to spare as many people as possible we launched resonance torpedoes and destoryed 80% of the galaxy's intelligent life. We did this so people wouldn't suffer like the Resa did when Surt destroyed their worl. It will be up to you to decide whether or not what we did was right or wrong. At least try and understand our desire not to see more people die a slow painful death.

Anyways, long before his death Lord Odin wrote a series of prophecies that tell us how Gotterdammerung can be prevented, the galaxy saved and restored to what it was before the holocaust. These prophecies set us on a quest for a powerful device known as the Time Matrix that will allow us to go back in time, prevent Lord Odin's death and in doing so prevent Gotterdammerung. The quest for the time matrix seems to be broken up into stages the are most likely test to see if all of us can be trusted with the time matrix. As we progress the stages have been getting progressively harder.

To put it simply you two have found yourselves in a quest to save the galaxy from certain destruction.

--------------------------------

Asgardried, Heimdall's Quarters

Heimdall: It is good that you want to improve yourself. Admitting that you have made mistakes is the first step in learning from them. That is one of the things you need to do if you truely want to improve yourself. Examine past mistakes and learn from them. IF you fail to do this then you will be doomed to repeat those mistakes.

If in this endevor you need advice or help you are more then welcome to ask me or any other Aesir for it. We will help you as much as we can. I would suggest that you seek Tanara out. She is a Jedi and can help you I think.

Is there anything else?

Tanara listened with great interest. When Idun's story was finished, she glanced at Elaina and her face paled. The girl was feeling her face as if for the first time. Then, she ran her hands through her hair and shot a puzzled glance at Tanara.

"Who are you?" she asked quietly. Tanara gasped. Suddenly, her eyes narrowed.

"Kira?" she asked. Elaina's brown eyes faded to blue and she stared at Tanara.

"I am Teri Korr," she answered. Tanara drew in a sharp breath and her eyes paled nearly to gray.

"You stayed with the weaker girl," she growled. The younger girl suddenly understood.

"You are Kira," she said.

"And you are Teri," Tanara/Kira muttered. She frowned. "How were we separated?"

"The girl you now hold in your control knew only of you," Elaina/Teri answered. "When she took you back, she ignored me."

"Know this," Kira snapped. "I'm the one that kept us alive."

"But without me, you don't exist," Teri retorted. Kira paused at that and a small smile crept to her face.

"You got me," she said. A hand went to her head. "Ack! She's trying to regain control."

"Let me help," Teri answered savagely. She put a hand to Tanara's forhead and the young woman flew across the room with a cry. When Tanara sat up, her eyes were brown and she had an incredibly confused look on her face.

"What just happened?" she asked hesitantly. Teri stood and went to her.

"Not to worry," she said quietly. "You're safe now."

Tanara eyed her for a moment. "You are not my sister."

"My name is Teri Korr," Teri answered. "I don't know who you are or where we are... for that matter, I really don't know much of anything."

"Are you a friend of Kira's?" Tanara snapped. Teri winced.

"I am a Jedi... or I was," she answered. "I don't know about now... I am Kira... almost. I suppose I should say that she is me. Physically, she is four years older than I am. She crashed on a planet that I was on... four years in her past. So you see, we are the same person... in two separate bodies."

"I didn't understand that," Tanara sighed. Teri laughed.

"I confuse even myself sometimes," she said, looking around. "But I can see I'm not in the time frame I last remember... can you tell me what year it is?"

((WJ: Not sure if doing that in front of Aesir is the smartest move))

*Idun watched the fight with interest. She didn't say anything but she did draw a dagger from her hip*

Idun: The more important question is are you going to return control of that body to its rightful owner? Needless to say we take a dim view of you controling that girls body *as Idun said that she montioned to two weapon emplacements that had dropped from the ceiling and were aimed at Elaina/Teri*

Teri glanced at Idun and then at the weapons on the ceiling.

"Naturally, this girl deserves control of her body," Teri answered quickly. "Please understand that I am not here by choice. If I could simply learn the year I could tell you how far from my choice this truly is. But if you wish, I could allow Elaina to regain her control and tell you through her."

"At least allow her to talk a little," Tanara pleaded. "After all, she did help me restrain Kira."

*Sir-Vin pauses for a second. And then shows a sign of concern*

Sir-Vin *coming from a thought, to himself* "Hmm, why didn't i think of this earilyer?" *to Heimdall* "Heimdall, from the war, were there any signs of my counterpart's body?"

Asgardried Lounge

Idun: Her helping you restrain the Sith Kira is the reason why she is still alive. *Idun pauses thinking for a moment* And to answer Padawan's Korr question it has been roughly 4,000 years since her death. Now please return control to Eliana and I wouldn't recommend you come back.

---------------------------------

Asgardried: Heimdall's Quarters

Heimdall: I'm afraid not. Your bother didn't have a tracker on him, and giving the time constraints we could not search for his body. Irvine either died during the battle or in all likely hood a short time after the battle ended. The possiblity that he is still alive is extermely small.

Teri's eyes widened. "4000 years! I had no idea it was so long." She was silent for a moment. "I am trapped in the mind, but Elaina will have control. If I have any further questions, I'll simply ask her to ask about it."

With this, Elaina's eyes went back to their natural color and she looked at Tanara. "Teri's curious... you have Kira under control, right?"

"Yes," Tanara answered. "Yes, I do."

Archived