Home

Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2

Redwing

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Scar: If your post can't be understood what's the point of typing it? Also, if I didn't know better, I would've wondered the same at certain points reading your posts...

Also: I shouldn't have to tell any of you this, but no starting fights, please. *Glares in general direction of anyone who might be thinking of doing this* ;)(Ignore this, relevant only to a moved conversation)

P.S. if any of my writing seems slightly under par, it's because I'm a little sick. Just a blanket excuse right there :p))

The Sisters' Quarters

Marin: You remember our discussion yesterday? About choosing leaders from among ourselves? I came to talk to you two about that. Now, I won't be asking whether you want a leadership position. I do want to ask, though, what you would do if either of you got one of these positions.

"I'd give it to her," Elaina said immediately, pointing at Tanara. "I don't know enough to be a good leader."

"I don't either," Tanara laughed. "But if such a position were to be given to me, I would do my best to learn as much as I possibly could... what might help me in that place."

She frowned thoughtfully and Elaina laughed.

"See?" she said. "Of the two of us, Tanara would make the better leader anyway... I'd probably panic and ask her what I should do... habit of being the younger sister, I guess."

Tanara smiled slightly. "Once... but that was an unusual circumstance. The Jedi Master I had been learning from was killed. That left me in charge of the reconaissance team we were leading." She chuckled. "I really didn't have a clue what was going on... but we managed to do what we had been there to do."

((This discussion that was formerly present here has been trimmed and moved to the discussion thread, where it belongs, so as not to clog up the RPG. I was going to let it play out and then move it, but I've started getting complaints so I'm doing that now.))

The Sisters' Quarters

Marin: That's not a bad comparison for what's happened here... most of the leaders of this galaxy were killed in the Galactic Holocaust. We've all of us been forced into the positions we're in now.

*She thinks a moment*

Marin: I hate for this to sound like a journalist interview, but what qualities or abilities would you think make a good leader?

"A good leader can see what needs to be done," Elaina said. "And if no other being takes on the responsibility, the being must do it when he or she sees it being left undone."

"To that, I add," Tanara said. "A good leader must also be worthy of the respect and love of those they lead."

((And yes, my characters just spouted my personal feelings on the matter :p ))

• 2 weeks later...

Marin: If I were chosen as a leader? Well - the reason we're even picking leaders is because we're constantly close to falling apart as a group. Some of us have been together for over a year and yet... we're not friends. We hardly know each other, even after all that. We're all to blame for that, even me. Now, I'd do everything I could do decrease this tension. Of course... I'm going to do that anyway.

Now, if you want me to go through the other questions... *She thinks for a moment* I asked you if you'd acted as a leader before. My answer to that is yes - I've had to. Never on a scale like this, though. I've had to fend for myself for a long time. I'm a daughter of a diplomat... and that can get weird, where I come from. When I was on the run before I came here, I was the de facto leader of a small group of people, half younger than me, half adults... but I was mostly followed because I knew what was going on, and I was most able to help them escape. And I did, more or less, although I landed Aidan and I here...

And what do I think would make a good leader? The ability to inspire. The ability to handle the people you need to lead. Rapport. Which is what I think is what is lacking here... and why we're choosing leaders in the first place.

*She shakes her head*

I fail on that account myself. I mean... like I said. For the last year I was just another wallflower. I couldn't tell you much about, say, Raschel, or Orthos, or Hal, or Red Irvine... I mean, Sir-Vin. Because I didn't know anything about them when I came here and I didn't try to find out. I can't do that anymore. If we're going to finish this... I think we're all going to have to change.

"You can hardly blame yourself for not knowing people," Tanara offered encouragingly. "Unless they make an effort as well, it's next to impossible to build a relationship... for this reason I agree that we all have to change."

"I haven't been here long," Elaina said. "And I've stuck close to Tanara the entire time and she's stayed by me. Both of us need to grow into the group more... without friendship, what will hold us together?"

Marin: Well... that can't really be a bad thing at a time like this, can it?

*Marin stands up*

Marin: I'm going to go find the others. I'm gonna ask them the same questions. You want to come with?

((TO EVERYBODY (possibly excluding Admiral): could you possibly let me know where on the ship your characters are? XD))

Tanara and elaina glanced at each other. "I don't see why not," Tanara said. "I'd be interested to know... and it would help us decide."

"Asgardried," Elaina said. "Withdraw the votes from Tanara and I... seems we might change our minds."

((Returning to RPG mode.))

*Hal looked at the man, who was around his own age and looked somewhat familiar.*

Hal: What is your name and Clan, warrior.

((Clan just means last name, come up with something vagely celtic or Saxon. Have fun with the name thing, I do.))

Archived