Home

Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2

Redwing

Sir-Vin "Confidence in alot of things. Not just himself and those whom are around him, but his judgements that won't jepordise the lives and the well-being of those such people. True, sometimes a leader has to make a decision that can and will upset those whom are in this group, and again harm the well-being. So in ways it is a good thing and a bad thing, but generally one doesn't need to look like he can't handle the 'task' at hand."

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shadow Base

Aren: If you didn't even know you had the magic in you, why do you mind that I could take it?

*A loud rumble sounds in the distance. Aren looks off in that direction with a question on her face. She picks up her communicator, turning it back on*

----------

Sir-vin's Quarters

Marin: But couldn't you end up with a leader who was extremely confident but always ended up making terrible decisions?

Asgardried: Sir Vin's quarters

Asgardried: Of course not, why I can tell you of this leader who's confidence won him, well not really him, so lets just say won a great victory when he attacked a supply base...of course it was his supply base that he attacked...oh and another tale about a red head jedi...

Sir-vin *chuckled at Asgardried's remark* "I don't ever recall that happening to me. But yes, over-confidence can lead to failure. Alot of times before you came, I felt over-zealous, thinking I could do what I can by diving right into a fight, only to be put down, sometimes embarrassingly. You could say that it wouldn't be just that I came to my senses and desided that I shouldn't accept such situation, but I don't think that I could be trusted from those whom been with this group since the beginning."

*Sir-vin let's out a sigh, and lowers his head.*

Sir-Vin "Truth is, is that it's more less both ways. I feel that if there is anything I should do is, is that to allow myself to prove my worth while having to prove it to the others at the same time. It's not nessessarily about trust, its about the ability to keep myself incontrol of a situation with out having to be over-zealous, cocky, or anything that'll end up with someone else in this rag-tag group killed. I don't think that anyone would want to have me lead them into a battle, for those such set things, until I find myself more,... Grown up..."

• 2 weeks later...

*When Gabrien and Hal reach the keep a servant shows them to the rooms prepared for Hal, while another helps him remove his armour and coat, then serves them watered ale. The two men sit by the fireside in Hal's hastily prepared sitting room, after the servant leaves Hal tells Gabrien the story of how he met his brother up to the point where he was abducted. When he has finished he sits back in his chair and sips his ale.*

• 2 weeks later...

*Hal could only shrug.*

Hal: I'm sorry, I have no answers for you. I know that this is not good news but I will not lie and you had a right to know. I do not believe they will kill him, I think your brother is more entwined in the prophecies than our enemies or the Aesir realize.

((Hold on. How can Hal possible know that the group will eventually be going to Taris? Only the quest makers know this (so it would be impossible for even the ghost of Flax to tell his son that tid bit). Remember the group is only informed of new quest locations via the map, and furthermore this is done on the time table of the makers. Consequently Hal cannot know that the group will eventually be going to Taris.))

((Okay, so Scar won't be able to reply for an unknown bit due to iffy Internet access. [Although I DO have his phone number.] We are to assume his character is just operating on autopilot. And Sir-vin is going to tag along with Marin, Tanara and Elaina from a distance. [scar didn't mention whether Irvine chose to question the three of them in return, but he can clarify that later, and read back to their previous answers to each other. ;)]))

Jump Cut

Asgardried, Lounge

*Marin passes through, with Tanara and Elaina, and notices Orthos*

Marin: Orthos! Do you have a moment?

*Sir-vin enters the lounge after them and hovers quietly within listening distance*

((Admiral: Don't worry, I'm just about to explain, you know how I love dramatics.))

Hal: There are two sets of prophecies at work here:

The Aesir believe that the untimely death of their King, Odin, will bring about the release of the Grey Wolf and ultimately the end of the world. So when Odin died the Aesir destroyed the most populous 80% of the galaxey in a belief that they were spareing the inhabitants. They then formed a quest which has since brought about the release of the Grey Wolf and the final destruction of the Aesir. In short the quest appears to be self perpetuating, chasing its own shadow, eventually it will lead to the reversal of our current timeline.

Our prophecies are somewhat different, and very archaic. You know of course of Ragnorak, the doom of the gods. Well in the pure form we are told that we will gather with the other races in the shield wall and face the hordes of darkness together. However there is another version, which talks of a fragmented final battle, pockets of resistance picked off one by one. In this version the Harbringers of doom are a group of questors who:

"Set alight the pyes of the worlds

one by one, to burn

until the course of the sun is halted,

and evening comes before the dawn."

It looses some of the poetry in translation but the prophecy tells us that our final testing ground will be here, that the questors will come here, and that here they will destroy us.

Asgardried, Lounge

Marin: I had a few questions for you... about choosing a leader. You are on the potential list... like most of us. Orthos, what would you do if you were chosen leader?

*Raschel is walking towards the five, and catches Marin's question*

*Orthos thinks*

Orthos: Well, in all honesty, I'd try to find out what happened to my brother and cousin. Something, or someone, has grabbed members of our group, and if you ask me they're probably trying to stop us. Otherwise, we generally keep on with the quest and try to fix this mess.

Archived